PDA

View Full Version : 1971 Camaro help

dstryr
03-13-2008, 03:42 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif
Car modifying is this one..
What i need done to it:
Color Change: https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/ITEM_7R23_2008_MUSTANG_GT_VISTA_BLUE_-1.jpg
The color is Ford Vista Blue

Also if someone could black out all the chrome on the car (headlight trim, bumper, grill, and tint the windows a little. I'd really appreciate it.

Another photoshop of the car how it is but leaving the chrome on it.

Thanks for everything!
-Dennis

Chevrolaine
03-13-2008, 05:42 PM
:hmm: Pretty sure Gordo likes his car the color it is! LOL

dstryr
03-13-2008, 06:21 PM
Haha :P. i've given him props to it many times. Trying to get paint ideas... ya know?

psybock
03-29-2008, 11:14 PM
here you go... hope it helps!

Hellrace
03-30-2008, 01:07 AM
This is from Intro wheels "wheel simulator" House of kolor blue, looks very simular. G-Cube rims 18"

Lil Bob
03-30-2008, 12:11 PM
Is it possible to change a camaro like that to a spilt bumper one?

PARKERRS
03-31-2008, 04:54 AM
Yes it's possible, different upper and lower valance panels along with the endura surround with chrome insert and 2 piece grill. Also you would need a couple of brackets, it's all available reproduction but going all new repop will get close to 2k for the change over in parts not including shipping.
Tommy

BlownBigBlock
03-31-2008, 06:26 AM
Is it possible to change a camaro like that to a spilt bumper one?

Or just remove the full bumper and put a set RS bumpers on it. 3/4's of the people that see the car won't know the difference. The other 1/4 will call you an RS poser. But your looking at $200 compared to $2k for the look.

syborg tt
03-31-2008, 06:45 AM
personally i don't care for the endura bumper and I think the front end looks top heavy with both lights on top.

So I think just putting on the split bumpers on your front end is the way to go.

attached are a couple pics

twosaturns
03-31-2008, 07:57 AM
Or just remove the full bumper and put a set RS bumpers on it. 3/4's of the people that see the car won't know the difference. The other 1/4 will call you an RS poser. But your looking at $200 compared to $2k for the look.
that's the problem w/ society today. :hmm: I guess I'm the other 1/4, that can actually 'see' the 'look'. what I really hate, though, is the people that actually OWN corrupted ones that really think they have an RS.:machine:
IMO, a big grill car w/ small bumpers makes the grill look too large, like a big gaping hole.
a true RS nose is more than just small bumpers, it's how it all comes together; 4 round lights, matches the 4 round tails, the endura surround is much more streamlined, more exotic. it looks 'right'.

twosaturns
03-31-2008, 08:00 AM
personally i don't care for the endura bumper and I think the front end looks top heavy with both lights on top.

So I think just putting on the split bumpers on your front end is the way to go.

attached are a couple pics

side by side, there is no comparison. anyone that can't see the difference from the black car on the bottom to the other pretenders above it just isn't paying attention.

syborg tt
03-31-2008, 08:17 AM
I agree the front end is heavy looking without the enduro nose.

But that is something that can be solved if your not afraid of metal work.

If you look at the Orange DSE camaro with all of the opening on the front end it looks really good.

twosaturns
03-31-2008, 09:43 AM
I agree the front end is heavy looking without the enduro nose.

But that is something that can be solved if your not afraid of metal work.

If you look at the Orange DSE camaro with all of the opening on the front end it looks really good.

agreed, the work they did on that car 1st rate, really amazing. but it still looks like it got its face punched in.

ZYAL8R
04-01-2008, 01:21 PM
side by side, there is no comparison. anyone that can't see the difference from the black car on the bottom to the other pretenders above it just isn't paying attention.

First off what makes you think I am trying to pretend to be an RS. I get so tired of hearing that crap:bsjerk: . Did you know that there is not one single thing except a build sheet that will tell you a car is a true RS. To me the pretenders are the guy's that go out here and spend a couple grand converting a standard to an RS then trying to sell it as a real RS. If you convert one over to an RS because that is what you like and if you ever sell it you let the individual know then go for it. If I am at a car show and people ask me if it is an RS I tell them no I just like the RS bumpers better than the big bumper.

72Z/28
04-01-2008, 02:23 PM
First off what makes you think I am trying to pretend to be an RS. I get so tired of hearing that crap:bsjerk: . Did you know that there is not one single thing except a build sheet that will tell you a car is a true RS. To me the pretenders are the guy's that go out here and spend a couple grand converting a standard to an RS then trying to sell it as a real RS. If you convert one over to an RS because that is what you like and if you ever sell it you let the individual know then go for it. If I am at a car show and people ask me if it is an RS I tell them no I just like the RS bumpers better than the big bumper.

I second you, my car has RS turning lights and split bumpers , but honestly I don't have any document proving whether it is a real RS or not.

twosaturns
04-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I don't think I was saying anything about what YOU were doing. I wasn't making any comments on whether a car is a real RS or not, just my view that small bumpers look funny on a non-RS nose.

ZYAL8R
04-01-2008, 07:37 PM

My car is the yellow car pictured in the post. So yeah you called my car a pretender

twosaturns
04-02-2008, 03:28 AM
My car is the yellow car pictured in the post. So yeah you called my car a pretender
oh.

David Sloan
04-02-2008, 04:35 AM
Who Cares If it is real! It looks KILLER!
It is your car build it the way you want it!!
Sorry if i a fended- But Damn.
(Qoute)
To me the pretenders are the guy's that go out here and spend a couple grand converting a standard to an RS then trying to sell it as a real RS.

I could not agree more!

protour73
04-02-2008, 06:00 AM

way to stand up for your car Chris..............I get so sick of people, dissecting another guys car. They didn't build it for anyone else, they built it with their own personal likes in mind. I'm all for voicing one's opinion, but sometimes it doesn't come out so politically correct. You car is one of my favorite 2nd Gens................so kudo's to you!!

ZYAL8R
04-02-2008, 06:11 AM
way to stand up for your car Chris..............I get so sick of people, dissecting another guys car. They didn't build it for anyone else, they built it with their own personal likes in mind. I'm all for voicing one's opinion, but sometimes it doesn't come out so politically correct. You car is one of my favorite 2nd Gens................so kudo's to you!!

Thanks Scott. Like I said I get so sick of hearing about how cars with the split bumpers are posers or fake RS's. It is simply a car with split bumpers. It's kinda like saying all cars with L88 Hoods are fake Baldwin Motion cars. Wonder what people are going to say your trying to fake with the solid stripe.:razz:

twosaturns
04-02-2008, 06:51 AM
I stuck my nose in here because of someone else saying 'just put the split bumpers on, most won't know the difference'. that's just ridiculous. If someone wants to put the little bumpers on a big bumper car, I don't care. I'm bothered by the people who think little bumpers are the only differences in the 2 noses.
NOW, this other wrinkle, that people didn't build it for someone else, but built it for themselves, well, that's just not true. If you display your car, you are inviting comments. lots of guys post and say 'tell me what you think of my car'. either someone really wants comments, or they don't. regardless, you shouldn't be bothered by comments from jerks like me.:wedgie:

gordonquixote
04-03-2008, 09:35 AM
My car came with RS bumperettes on it and he included a standard bumper with the deal. I swapped mine out because I actually like the standard bumper more (they guy that sold me that car was positive that bumperettes were an option, regardless of the front end).

I could not care less what bumpers people use. I do get tires of having standard cars with bumperettes called RS or 'split bumper' and sold as such - as stated above. ZYL8R - I've drooled over your car since day one....

My car looks interesting in blue!

protour73
04-03-2008, 09:51 AM
Thanks Scott. Like I said I get so sick of hearing about how cars with the split bumpers are posers or fake RS's. It is simply a car with split bumpers. It's kinda like saying all cars with L88 Hoods are fake Baldwin Motion cars. Wonder what people are going to say your trying to fake with the solid stripe.:razz:

yea Chris, I pretty much don't care what people say. I've had the single stripe idea for quite some time. But never having had a rendering done, the idea did not solidify itself, until I saw how F-Bomb was painted, with it's single stripe format. :headbang:

BlownBigBlock
04-03-2008, 10:07 AM
I'm one of those irritating people that took a standard front end off and paid the couple grand for an RS front end. Only if it's original and I'm potentially purchasing a car could I care less if it's the original front end. I don't go to shows and walk by a car wondering if they did a swap or not, or for that matter if I run across a standard with split bumpers on it I don't think poser. A nice car as some of the ones picture is a nice car, plain and simple.