PDA

View Full Version : New from Illinois..............

FreddyG
03-11-2008, 11:46 AM
Hi Guys,

I don't have a Pro-Touring car, but just enjoy looking at some of the ideas and engineering that go into making one, and I Reeeeeeeeeeeeally like the 67-69 Camaros (especially the 69 RS/SS ones) and the early 70 Mopars!

By the way, I have a 2001 Vortech Supercharged Corvette with alot of mods done to it! Would that be a Pro-Touring car?

This is a Great site and I'm Glad to be here! Thanks for sharing it with me! :cheers:

cheapthrillz
03-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Hell yea a charged vette is pro-touring!

FreddyG
03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
Thanks! I wasn't sure what the definition of Pro-Touring was, so I thought I'd ask! :cheers:

cheapthrillz
03-11-2008, 02:02 PM
better not ask that question on here.... everytime somebody asks, the thread has to be closed....

FreddyG
03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
You can always blame it on the newbie (me)! :hah:

dropit69
03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
hey Freddy welcome ..im from the state also ..bout hour south of chicago..getting to be alot of us from IL on here..

cmraman
03-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Welcome. I'm in the Elk Grove, Schaumburg area. Any pics of your car?

FreddyG
03-11-2008, 08:56 PM
hey Freddy welcome ..im from the state also ..bout hour south of chicago..getting to be alot of us from IL on here..

Thanks for the Welcome! Dropit69.......What town do you live in?

I'm about 40 miles south of Chicago in a little town called New Lenox. We're about 5 minutes from Rte. 66 Speedway.

Welcome. I'm in the Elk Grove, Schaumburg area. Any pics of your car?

I know where that's at! Do you live near around a speed shop named Speed, Inc?

Here's a couple pics of my car. I just started on my new tune, so it's a work in progress: Everything else is done, now just have to wait for some good weather to finish it up. Here goes:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/Our_C5e-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/Our_C5-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/Before_Screens-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/My_Vortech1-1.jpg

dropit69
03-12-2008, 07:46 AM
hey Freddy love the vette..i am in st.anne about 15 miles south of kankakee..so not too far from ya ..i got a buddy that lives in your town..

CHRIS67
03-12-2008, 07:57 AM
Nice Vette! lots of good ideas here; we'll have you spending all of your hard earned money before you know it.

Never Enough
03-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Welcome FreddyG.
I'm not in New Lenox, but I roll through there often.:drive1:

FreddyG
03-12-2008, 08:46 AM
hey Freddy love the vette..i am in st.anne about 15 miles south of kankakee..so not too far from ya ..i got a buddy that lives in your town..

Thanks for the props on the Vette!

I know where Kankakee is! I know some peeps that live in Boubonnais (not sure on the spelling)! I believe that they're pretty close aren't they?

Nice Vette! lots of good ideas here; we'll have you spending all of your hard earned money before you know it.

Thank You for the compliment!

I don't need any help spending money on a car (just ask my wife), but I Thank You for the warning and will remember it!!

Welcome FreddyG.
I'm not in New Lenox, but I roll through there often.:drive1:
Thanks for the Welcome! Where are you from?

protour73
03-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Guys,

I don't have a Pro-Touring car, but just enjoy looking at some of the ideas and engineering that go into making one, and I Reeeeeeeeeeeeally like the 67-69 Camaros (especially the 69 RS/SS ones) and the early 70 Mopars!

By the way, I have a 2001 Vortech Supercharged Corvette with alot of mods done to it! Would that be a Pro-Touring car?

This is a Great site and I'm Glad to be here! Thanks for sharing it with me! :cheers:

Welcome Freddy, nice Vette..................I'm out in Plainfield... a little west of you

FreddyG
03-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Welcome Freddy, nice Vette..................I'm out in Plainfield... a little west of you

Thank You!

I know where Plainfield is. We looked at a house out that way before moving to New Lenox!

It's a Nice town and since we looked, it's grown ALOT!

protour73
03-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Thank You!

I know where Plainfield is. We looked at a house out that way before moving to New Lenox!

It's a Nice town and since we looked, it's grown ALOT!

yea...it's grown, and it has some real craptastic traffic to prove it!!

we'll have to scrape together a little Protouring.com (Chicago Edition) Cruise night!!! BUT....we'll wait until a certain NOVA is done at Rad Rides by Troy, before arranging this get-together!!!:razz:

stang97
03-29-2008, 06:19 AM
we'll have to scrape together a little Protouring.com (Chicago Edition) Cruise night!!! BUT....we'll wait until a certain NOVA is done at Rad Rides by Troy, before arranging this get-together!!!:razz:

Its getting there! Almost ready to paint. :drive:
-derek

class67
03-29-2008, 06:59 PM
Welcome...and that vette is verrry nice!!!

badbu68
03-29-2008, 07:45 PM
Nice vette!

I used to work 5 minutes outside of New Lenox for ComEd at the Joliet data center off of Briggs on I-80.

The headlights and wheels kinda remind me of modded 3rd gen rx7 stuff.

FreddyG
03-29-2008, 07:46 PM
Welcome...and that vette is verrry nice!!!

Thanks for the Welcome and the props! I Appreciate it! :cheers:

Nice vette!

I used to work 5 minutes outside of New Lenox for ComEd at the Joliet data center off of Briggs on I-80.

The headlights and wheels kinda remind me of modded 3rd gen rx7 stuff.

I know right where that's at. I know a few people that worked there.

The parts do resemble the RX-7 stuff in pictures, but they look different in person. The headlights are the same ones that are on the C5R race cars that won the ALMS (American Le Mans Series) and 12 hours of Sebring. I've fitted them with 55w HID's/projectors that are like turning the sun on (have to have good light when you start getting old :)).

I wanted something different. Most people either like them or hate them. The Purists don't care for them, but Oh well, you can't make everyone happy!:)

Nowadays, the wheels are Really different with all of the different available styles. When I bought mine, there were these and the out of my price range HRE's. I bought mine in 18x10.5 in front and 18x11.5 in back. It runs on Nitto Drag Radials in back because when I had Michelin 335/30-18 Pilot Sports on it, the car would literally spin in circles under 55 mph when the boost came on! Fun, but got tired of wearing Depends! If you know what I mean! :)

Thanks again for the props!

Bowtie1z28
03-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Nice Vette Freddy!!..............I live in New Lenox on the north side of rt30, I'll keep my eyes open for you when and if the weather ever breaks around here!

I have my 1980 Z up in the air right now starting on its pro-touring transformation. First phase will include:
-Alston G-bar rear suspension w/ VariShock coilovers
-VariShock coilovers up front with hand fabbed mounts
-SPC Pro Black liteweight UCA's
-Stock LCA's with mods
All of the pieces arrived this past Friday but unfortunatley the wife and I both came down with the flu so I have not touched it this weekend. I will be posting pics of the compenents for all to see sometime next week.

I second Stang97's idea for a "Pro-Touring Chicago Cruise Nite", that would be a blast!!:twothumbs:

FreddyG
03-30-2008, 08:44 AM
Nice Vette Freddy!!..............I live in New Lenox on the north side of rt30, I'll keep my eyes open for you when and if the weather ever breaks around here!

I have my 1980 Z up in the air right now starting on its pro-touring transformation. First phase will include:
-Alston G-bar rear suspension w/ VariShock coilovers
-VariShock coilovers up front with hand fabbed mounts
-SPC Pro Black liteweight UCA's
-Stock LCA's with mods
All of the pieces arrived this past Friday but unfortunatley the wife and I both came down with the flu so I have not touched it this weekend. I will be posting pics of the compenents for all to see sometime next week.

I second Stang97's idea for a "Pro-Touring Chicago Cruise Nite", that would be a blast!! :

Thanks Bowtie for the props! :cheers:

I guess we're kind of neighbors huh? I live south of the tracks off of Laraway.

It sounds like you're building a Nice Ride! Please post some pics of it and I hope that you and your wife feel better!

A Pro Touring night would be Very Cool! it sounds like there are some Really Nice cars in this area! I just don't get out enough to see them, but that might change this summer if the weather ever cooperates! This is kind of what Mother Nature is doing to us.....:spank2: lol

Bowtie1z28
03-30-2008, 02:36 PM
Freddy,

Here is what it looked like with the old drag oriented setup that I just put in last year. Sat too high for my liking and road terrible. The new suspension should have her riding better, handling much better and it should launch better at the strip!

Tom

brickyard69
04-01-2008, 02:41 PM
Nice Vette!!!

The wheels really make it pop.

I live in Naperville. Welcome!

If the snow would ever end I will see you at cruise night.

whytry
04-02-2008, 08:13 AM
Nice Vette Freddy.

I have family out in New Lenox, Plainfield, and Joliet. Did you have this car back in July 07? I thought I saw something like it at the gas station out there, close to the racetrack... If it was yours it sounded nice. I was inside gettin a soda...

protour73
04-02-2008, 09:44 AM
brickyard & Bowtie..............very nice looking rides!!!!!:twothumbs

pics of my car are in the Progress section......looking forward to cruise nights, to be able to meet some of you guys

Four40cuda
04-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I live in Raymond just south of Springfield!!

FreddyG
04-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Freddy,

Here is what it looked like with the old drag oriented setup that I just put in last year. Sat too high for my liking and road terrible. The new suspension should have her riding better, handling much better and it should launch better at the strip!

Tom

Very Nice looking Ride Bowtie! What's in her for a motor?

Nice Vette!!!

The wheels really make it pop.

I live in Naperville. Welcome!

If the snow would ever end I will see you at cruise night.

Thanks brickyard69! Yours is Very Nice too! I Really like the 69's, they are some Beautiful looking rides! Yours looks to be Very tastefully done, in that you can't go wrong with a Straight, Classic black car!

Nice Vette Freddy.

I have family out in New Lenox, Plainfield, and Joliet. Did you have this car back in July 07? I thought I saw something like it at the gas station out there, close to the racetrack... If it was yours it sounded nice. I was inside gettin a soda...

Thanks WhyTry for the props!

Yes, I had it in July 07! I bought it new and have more time modding it than driving it (at least that's what my wife says ;))! It might've been mine because we live not even 5 minutes from the track!

Do you come back to visit often? I hope that you come in the Spring or Summer and not leave California to come into this Winter Wonderland that we have here!

Bowtie1z28
04-07-2008, 07:26 PM
Freddy..............running a 383 w/ 11:1, Canfield heads, Motown Intake, Comp XS290 Solid FT cam. Had this one built and dynoed by a dirt track guy in Moline, IL, Gustaf Racing. Dynoed 592HP/545TQ. Running thru a TKO 600 back to a 3:70 cogged Ford 9".

Tom

MotownChevy427
04-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Nice Vette and welcome!

FreddyG
04-08-2008, 07:10 AM
I live in Raymond just south of Springfield!!

There are quite a few Illinoisians (?) on here aren't there?

That's about 4 hours from me.

Freddy..............running a 383 w/ 11:1, Canfield heads, Motown Intake, Comp XS290 Solid FT cam. Had this one built and dynoed by a dirt track guy in Moline, IL, Gustaf Racing. Dynoed 592HP/545TQ. Running thru a TKO 600 back to a 3:70 cogged Ford 9".

Tom

Hi Tom,

It sounds like a pretty potent little motor! :cheers:

Nice Vette and welcome!

Thank You! :cheers:

whytry
04-08-2008, 07:53 AM
Thanks WhyTry for the props!

Yes, I had it in July 07! I bought it new and have more time modding it than driving it (at least that's what my wife says ;))! It might've been mine because we live not even 5 minutes from the track!

Do you come back to visit often? I hope that you come in the Spring or Summer and not leave California to come into this Winter Wonderland that we have here!

Yeah we come back every year, usually for the 4th of July, alot of family birthdays in late June and July so its kind of a big family reunion. We sometimes go to Lake Michigan and watch the fireworks or we go to my family's house on the river.

I am pretty sure it was your vette, it's bad ass.

FreddyG
04-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Yeah we come back every year, usually for the 4th of July, alot of family birthdays in late June and July so its kind of a big family reunion. We sometimes go to Lake Michigan and watch the fireworks or we go to my family's house on the river.

I am pretty sure it was your vette, it's bad ass.

Thanks WhyTry! :cheers:

That's good that you don't have to come back during the winter! After being used to California weather, talk about shock to your system!

From the looks of your signature, looks like you've got some Really Cool rides too! That 68 Camaro with the F1R has to be Absolutely SICK! :drool:

Chevrolaine
04-08-2008, 10:42 AM
Nice ride Freddy! Checking in from just west of Rockford here. You guys have a cruise, I may even drive one of my rides the 80 miles to join ya! That is why we buy these things right?!

We'll just have to put your vette & Protour73's Camaro at each end of the line being that they're both so bright & yellow!