PDA

View Full Version : Secret Audio

kapittma
01-31-2005, 10:59 PM
Is anyone using a secret audio system...and has anyone fabricated their own secret audio for a better price. I am thinking about getting a secret audio system and replacing the deck with the original and I was wondering if people are happy with the product or if anyone made their own system i was wondering where you get an amplifier/reciever like the one they use. Thanks for the help.

kapittma
02-02-2005, 11:44 AM
Nobody has secret audio? HMM

sunkistcamaro
02-02-2005, 12:25 PM
What do you mean by secret?
Do you mean hidden behind the dash or flip face plate?

Piet
02-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Do you mean a CD player that transmits over an FM frequency,
so that you don't have to replace the stock radio?

or Something that plays your song in code?
"And she's buying a stairway" Go do a brakestand "to heaven"

kman67rsss
02-02-2005, 02:22 PM
i think he is talking about the company name. one is www.customautosound.com
i was looking at there products as i have the stock deck in the dash and was gonna mount that in the trunk with a changer and have the readout in the center console.

kapittma
02-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Yeah i am talking about the system at custom autosound...does anyone have that...If not do you have anything like it...so i could have an original am in the dash thats not hooked up and have the other somewhere else

68BNUT
02-03-2005, 08:13 AM
I know the place I get my parts here locally stopped carring them for lack of support they were offering

Piet
02-03-2005, 08:35 AM
So what does this system do? Give you a stock face plate with a system in the trunk?

EDIT: Ahh I see, the small LCD panel mounted 'anywhere'. I would prefer a stock face plate that controls the system. That would be cool.

birdman3r
02-03-2005, 11:07 AM
Custom Autosound carries two types of head units.

One physically replaces the stock unit and looks stock. It has updated guts and preamp outputs, as well as around 40x4 watts of internal amp power. There are several models of this one, some controlling cd changers and xm radios.

The other is called Secret audio, which consists of a head unit, a remote face plate, and an optional cd changer. the head unit is usually mounted in the trunk or under the dash, while the remote face plate has a 8' or so wired connection that allows it to be mounted anywhere within reach.

Neither is audiophile quality, but there do not seem to be a lot of audio options for those not willing to cut metal.

Another option is to mount a modern head unit in the glove box, and use an rf remote to control it so you can have the glove box closed and use it.

As for speakers, I am still trying to figure that out without cutting up too much of anything or rendering my floor vents useless. I am currently investigating nxt flat panel speakers, as I am running out of options.

Post if you come up with anything.

Jasons68
02-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Look at the "Remote" radio here

http://www.geocities.com/joesclassiccarradio/