PDA

View Full Version : Autorama pics....

trapin
03-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Finally made it down there today. Hectic weekend. I was so tired (and hung over) that I only made it through about 70% of the show. I took the digicam with me and shot a few pics, my apologies for the quality...they came out kinda dark. One of the highlights of the show (for me anyway) was Jeff Hanson's "Tech 9" Camaro. Just a phenomenal car that I couldn't wait to see finished. I've known Jeff for a long time and he's had a lot of cars, this one by far sits at the top of the mountain. I'm happy for him, he's a good guy and deserves it. I also bumped into Mike Curtiss formerly of American Hot Rod. One of the "Great 8" cars has some of his products on it. He has his own shop called Curtiss Engineering and they do CNC stuff. Nice enough guy, spent a few minutes with him and talked about Boyd and whether Duane really was an a*shole. He is. LOL!!! Stopped by Pfaff Design and said hi to Murray and was surprised that Jeff Schwartz was still in town, visited with him for a little while and then walked over to check out Randy Johnson's '66 Chevelle....Wow. Poor guy lives in Wisconsin so he's gotta wait out this weather to stretch it's legs. I would have probably lost it by now.....this car is just SCREAMING to be driven. Last but not least a stopped over to say hello to Mark and Charley but alas they were gone. Mark wasn't there and Charley had hopped a plane for Cali already. Damn.

Anyway...that's all the lame stories and shameless name dropping that I have for you. Let me know if this link doesn't work. It's a photobucket account.

http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee70/Infamoustoo/Autorama%202008/

Young Gun
03-09-2008, 01:31 PM
what was the deal with this? was it just for sale?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/Autorama08010-1.jpg?

68Formula
03-09-2008, 02:12 PM
Young Gun, see below

http://www.stonesoup.wcsx.com/

Rybar
03-09-2008, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the pics Tony, Jeff's car looks amazing!! Congrats to him on finishing it up.

Young Gun
03-09-2008, 02:56 PM
awsome thanks mike, that clears it up...

and Tony thanks for the pictures they look awsome!

trapin
03-09-2008, 04:06 PM
You're welcome. Is everyone getting the link OK?

TonyHuntimer
03-09-2008, 04:32 PM
The link works. Thanks for the awesome pictures! I wish our car shows had some nice cars like those. It seems like ours are always cars from the 1990's with different wheels and sometimes new paint.

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

BA.
03-09-2008, 05:37 PM
thanks for the pics Tony! Lots of nice cars there.

I didn't think I'd ever say this but that Corvair was BADASS.

fast Ed
03-09-2008, 05:58 PM
Went to the show for the first time, what an awesome collection of vehicles. I'd highly recommend attending next year!!

cheers
Ed N.

ZZ430
03-09-2008, 06:30 PM
:smoke: Gotta love the 56 Nomad

LS7427
03-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the compliments Tony. Good to see you down there, besides you, I only saw Mark and Charlie from the site. Oh yeah, and Trush but he doesn't count, I see him all the time. I was a little bummed not to see anyone else from the forums. Thought there would be more of us than that? Oh well, what can ya do. Anyway, Had a great time down there. I got a feature in Super Rod out of it! That should be pretty cool. They also picked the car for their choice. There was a few magazines that picked cars for their "choice". Unfortunately, they came back about an hour later and said that the ISCA said they couldn't pick my car because I wasn't actually in the show. I was in a "invitation only" non-competition area, where non of the cars were judged, therefore, not a part of the show. I knew going in that I wasn't in competition, but was kind of bummed about that. Had I to do it over again, I would have entered in a class rather than the display I was in. I think it may have cost me for some other things as well??? Oh well, live and learn, I still had fun and at least I'll get the ink.:twothumbs

trapin
03-10-2008, 04:40 AM
If you had been in the competition, Jeff...you would have won the Pro-Touring class hands down. Granted there were some nice Pro-Touring cars at the show, but none on the level of yours.

Hey, next year maybe?

Charley Lillard
03-10-2008, 06:42 AM
what was the deal with this? was it just for sale?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/Autorama08010-1.jpg?

That shell is going to be restored and given away in some type of radio station fundraiser. It should be buried instead. There was nothing good left on it. Even the sheet metal patch panels were rusted away. It actually looks much better in the pic than it really is.

trapin
03-10-2008, 08:49 AM
Yeah it was pretty bad. But I think it's great that a company is willing to devote their time and money for this great cause. J.J and Lynn's Stone Soup fundraiser raises a lot of money for the Children's Leukemia Foundation of Michigan. So if you think about it, it's a win win. Some kids get some much needed funding and a '69 Camaro gets saved from the grave. The GTO they did last year was in just about the same kind of condition this Camaro was in. I thought they were crazy, but they pulled it off. It was the grey convertible that was parked with the rest of the Stone Soup cars.

motorheadmike
03-10-2008, 11:29 AM
We went down to 'Rama for the 6th time in 7 years. It is a shameless excuse to see my buddies in MI, and to celebrate my brother's birthday.

I wasn't impressed. There were a lot of repeat cars from last year. About the only thing I enjoyed doing was providing a running dialogue while the Riddler Award judges were giving a proctological exam to one of the "finalists". I know they heard me. :D

The 6 Stooges.

trapin
03-10-2008, 04:12 PM
I'm not really a fan of the Ridler cars anymore or the award for that matter. I think it's by far the most irrelevant competition out there.
I have a TON more respect for SMOTY. Pigeon Forge changed me. I appreciate the hard work that goes into Ridler cars but if you're not
going to drive the damn thing...then get the hell outta my face.

Steve68
03-11-2008, 07:14 AM
I'm not really a fan of the Ridler cars anymore or the award for that matter. I think it's by far the most irrelevant competition out there.
I have a TON more respect for SMOTY. Pigeon Forge changed me. I appreciate the hard work that goes into Ridler cars but if you're not

Here,Here, Hell Yeah!

jkade72
03-11-2008, 07:52 AM
I bet money the 56 wagon will have the **** drove out of it. And you have no idea what goes into building these cars and if you did you would appreciate the caliber of car competing for the award. Myself I would not want one just for the fact I am too poor to have a car like that but if you can afford to build one then you wouldn't give two ****s about a rock chip in the paint.

4OfaKind
03-11-2008, 08:35 AM
I appreciate the hard work that goes into Ridler cars...

jkade72, Please "read" before making replies.

And you have no idea what goes into building these cars and if you did you would appreciate the caliber of car competing for the award.

Taking a moment to read and fully understand a reply will prevent any missunderstanding or assumption of ignorance by board members.

Mal

Mr.VENGEANCE
03-11-2008, 08:43 AM

CO-SIGNED!

Benoit23
03-11-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the pics. I really dig these 2.
Does anyone have more pics or info on them?

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/Autorama08018-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/03/Autorama08021-1.jpg

jkade72
03-11-2008, 01:23 PM
jkade72, Please "read" before making replies.

Taking a moment to read and fully understand a reply will prevent any missunderstanding or assumption of ignorance by board members.

Mal

Yes excuse my ingnorance:pat: But don't knock what you and I can't afford:hmm:

trapin
03-12-2008, 06:02 AM
Actually I didn't take any offense to it, I see what you're saying. But even if I could afford one I'd still sling mud at them. The Ridler is like the Miss America Pageant for cars. Got all the looks but never get their hands dirty. I just don't get that. If I was a man of such financial means I wouldn't give that competition a 2nd thought. I'd be commissioning one of our fine sponsors here to build me a car in the traditiion of Randy Johnson's Chevelle.

Then I'd mercessly beat the snot out of it. :evil:

jkade72
03-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Actually I didn't take any offense to it, I see what you're saying. But even if I could afford one I'd still sling mud at them. The Ridler is like the Miss America Pageant for cars. Got all the looks but never get their hands dirty. I just don't get that. If I was a man of such financial means I wouldn't give that competition a 2nd thought. I'd be commissioning one of our fine sponsors here to build me a car in the traditiion of Randy Johnson's Chevelle.

Then I'd mercessly beat the snot out of it. :evil:

I see what you are saying also, I believe Gordy will drive the 56 unlike most of the cars that are built for the riddler. In the begining the 56 was not intended to be built for that competion but they decided last year to go for it. I cannot stand a trailer queen also and don't care much for them since they are mostly eye candy but Neil put a full c5 set up in this car and it is designed to handle even though it is a grocery getter.

4OfaKind
03-12-2008, 12:33 PM
jkade72,

Got any build pics of the 56 or know where to see them? :fingersx:

Mal

68Formula
03-12-2008, 01:54 PM
Yes excuse my ingnorance:pat: But don't knock what you and I can't afford:hmm:

So if I can afford it I am allowed to knock it? Wow, feel sorry for all the poor saps. :hammer:

71daz28
03-12-2008, 03:33 PM
The mustang was built for Jack Morris, ex Detroit Tiger pitcher and now Minnesota Twins radio annoucer, he was there Saturday when I was and seemed quite friendly.

Steve1968LS2
03-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the compliments Tony. Good to see you down there, besides you, I only saw Mark and Charlie from the site. Oh yeah, and Trush but he doesn't count, I see him all the time. I was a little bummed not to see anyone else from the forums. Thought there would be more of us than that? Oh well, what can ya do. Anyway, Had a great time down there. I got a feature in Super Rod out of it! That should be pretty cool. They also picked the car for their choice. There was a few magazines that picked cars for their "choice". Unfortunately, they came back about an hour later and said that the ISCA said they couldn't pick my car because I wasn't actually in the show. I was in a "invitation only" non-competition area, where non of the cars were judged, therefore, not a part of the show. I knew going in that I wasn't in competition, but was kind of bummed about that. Had I to do it over again, I would have entered in a class rather than the display I was in. I think it may have cost me for some other things as well??? Oh well, live and learn, I still had fun and at least I'll get the ink.:twothumbs

Which car is yours? I think I know...

LS7427
03-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Which car is yours? I think I know...
The red Tech-9 Camaro. I was hoping to here from some of your co-workers??:naughty:

JPMACHADO
05-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Thanks for all the great pics

mach1stang
10-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Does anybody have any info or other pictures of the 69 mustang? They stole half of my ideas and I want to see how good they look

Al Moreno
10-15-2008, 04:55 PM
Here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXS7pzDaH-k&feature=related

mach1stang
10-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Thanks! That thing sounds very good!!