PDA

View Full Version : Got Questions about 3M and PPG Products?

oestek
03-06-2008, 09:54 AM
Attention those interested in paint / bodywork:

We're going to have a representatives from 3M and PPG on hand in our shop in the next couple weeks or so to show us some new stuff and answer tech questions about abrasives, glues, fillers, paint, primer, clears, colors, safety, the whole 9 yards. We're going to be posting video interviews covering these topics, but we thought this would be a great opportunity for you to have your 3M and PPG paint questions answered.

Simply post up your questions on the thread linked below, and we'll ask the factory reps your questions along with ours and include them in the final video interviews so we all learn something.

So if you've got questions about what products to use, how to use them, finish qualities, results, tapes, fillers, chemicals... you name it, post 'em up and we'll ask 'em. You may have to register on the V8TV forum to post, but it's free and easy.

3M Question Thread - http://www.v8tvshow.com/forum/index.php/topic,271.msg1059.html#msg1059

PPG Question Thread - http://www.v8tvshow.com/forum/index.php/topic,272.msg1060.html#msg1060

Thanks!

- Kevin Oeste

Bad94
03-06-2008, 05:11 PM
PPG= Piss Poor Gloss

I would switch over to the DuPont.

I/we made the switch a year ago and that was the best move we have made.

Taylor1969
03-06-2008, 08:03 PM
My questions....

1. What do i put in the drip rails of my 69? I put a new roof skin on and have it spotted in. What is the best seam sealer to use there? Also, should i put a glue down before seam sealing to really fuse the roof skin to the body of the car?

2. On my quarters, should i spray dp90 directly on bare metal and do the bodywork on top of that, or do my bodywork on the bare metal and then prime with dp90?

oestek
03-07-2008, 07:57 PM
PPG= Piss Poor Gloss

I would switch over to the DuPont.

I/we made the switch a year ago and that was the best move we have made.

What was the problem? Maybe something we can ask the techs. We've never had a problem with gloss, that's for sure.

oestek
03-07-2008, 07:59 PM
My questions....

1. What do i put in the drip rails of my 69? I put a new roof skin on and have it spotted in. What is the best seam sealer to use there? Also, should i put a glue down before seam sealing to really fuse the roof skin to the body of the car?

2. On my quarters, should i spray dp90 directly on bare metal and do the bodywork on top of that, or do my bodywork on the bare metal and then prime with dp90?

Those are both good ones.. we'll ask 'em.

GTOnate
03-07-2008, 08:05 PM
Interesting post...

yodas little brother
03-13-2008, 08:04 PM
ask them why is there a price increase everyday.