PDA

View Full Version : Cops were ruthless last night

Ralph LoGrasso
08-19-2004, 02:01 PM
I dunno what was going on, but last night around my town, Smithtown, there were cops EVERYWHERE. :hmm: Me and two of my friends are hanging out in a parking lot on main street at about 12:30AM when we see this kid we know drive by pretty fast, he's a ricer, and so he had the loud exhaust and evertyhing. We knew there were cops everywhere, so we're wondering where they are..two seconds later a highway patrol cop flys down main street followed by another cop, we hop in my friends car, and see the kid pulled over, one cop behind his car, one in front. He definitely got some tickets for that one. We go back to said parking lot about 1 AM, and a 94ish mustang GT convert with loud exhaust FLYS by. We hear him stop at a light a bit up the road and proceed to do a burnout, and get into it in every gear. We're saying to ourselves...that isn't good! Especially since about .5 mile down the road in the direction where he came from the two cops were sitting gunning people. Sure enough, about 5 seconds later, the highway patrol cop comes FLYING by. We drove down looking to see where they pulled him over, about 1 mile down the road at a gas station. We talked to the kid and found out he got a 56 in a 30. OUCH! :injured: Cop told him he could have given him reckless driving, exibition of acceleration, etc.

I counted about 5 differnt cop cars last night just in the main street area. Usually there are one, maybe two. I guess they were cracking down on speeders. We saw some cars go by that were obviously speeding while sitting in the parking lot, but they were stock. I think they were just going after kids with loud exhaust, or flashy cars. It was ruthless. I'm not sure why a highway patrol cop was patroling around town the whole night either? :hmm: I'm glad I don't speed around on mainstreet.

68RallySport
08-19-2004, 03:05 PM
On the second day i got my car i was in downtown oakland dropping my buddy off at one of the clubs :look: i was circling the block with my other friend in the back seat waiting for my buddy to come out. I was cruising and i came up to a chevelle on 20inch rims with two ghetto fools reving there engine at me. So when the light turns green i gunned it did my one legger accross the intersection. I got up to about 40 somthing in first gear and just let off because i noticed the chevelle did not even try. Soon after i see a unmarked green ford explore pull out of a parking spot and start flashing me with lights in the grille. He gave me exhibtion of speed and wreckless driving...but i put it off for almost 7 months and then he didnt show :usa: so i got off. He was a sergant who just happened to have seen me and of course had to do his job.

So maybe the highway patrol officer wont show for a city citation? i dont know im not a law guy....

David
(i probably should get into the time i ran,cop cars are so slow, but lets just say i won and to this day have had no consequences)

68RallySport
08-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Ralph also ironically enough u are one day younger then me. Ya 2/6/86 what what febraury 86 all the way :attn: .... just playing i was trying to find a link to the fantom build up page. i couldnt find it for the life of me
David

Ralph LoGrasso
08-19-2004, 03:51 PM
David,

Atleast you didn't get street racing, for messing with that 'velle. The first ricer kid was messing around with an explorer, and we thought he was going to get street racing also. In NY, they impound your car for street racing, and you DON'T get it back, it's property of Suffolk County.

Feb 86, :lmao:. Good month, good year!

Fantom build up page will be up shortly. The site is developed, I just aquired some server space from Larry (thanks Larry!!!), and am going to be buying a domain name soon. Look for a link in about a week in the open discussion. :)

Radio Joe
08-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Early July the cops around here decided they needed to make more money so there was about 5 of them on one of the onramps on my way to work.... 8 am typical work traffic. What happens when everyone sees the cops?? THEY HIT THEIR BRAKES! I follow along..not speeding, nothing.. and I get pulled over. The cop tells me he has me on video "Following too close" and gives me an $85.00 ticket. I think thats bull... So forward to yesterday (Court date) I pull into the parking lot at 4pm when I am supposed to be there. There had to be 200 people there waiting in a line through the parking lot. Turns out they set every ones court date for yesterday.

So I am told by my wifes Ex-husband (a cop) that I shouldnt have gotten a ticket for this unless I was speeding or in an accident. I am still looking this up to verify if it is true) So I think cool, I'll just go talk to the cop and maybe he'll dismiss it. So I finally get to meet with the cop and hes running people through 3 at a time. All he was doing was dropping the fee if you plead guilty... I try to talk to him and he is like "so you want to fight it?!?!? You know I have you on video!" I say I am aware of that but.. He cuts me off and tells me to go ask for a jury trial and waits on the next person... So I do. Now I have to wait up to a YEAR for this trial. What a crock! I certainly hope my wifes ex-husband is right about the law... Especially since he is a cop. Anyway... that didnt make me a happy camper.

Im done now

ryans67deuce
08-20-2004, 07:52 AM
I've recieved 3 speeding tickets in Jax over the last couple of years, and have yet to go to school, pay full price, or have any points on my record. In this area, if you go to court (court dates take 6-8 to get), they put everyone in a big courtroom (sometimes 200+ people), and offer adjudication if you plead "no contest". They typically reduce your fine, waive the points, don't require traffic school, and give you 90 days to pay the fine. From the date of your infraction, it sometimes ends up being 1 year before the fine is due. All for showing up.....

Ryan

Pzary3233
08-20-2004, 10:10 AM
Youngins... June '85! Cops are pretty nice in my town... Tallahassee, FL. I however just moved back to memphis for school this year and they are really a different bread here... they pull you for the smallest thing... (if you're out of state or know you go to my college) while there are other kids that just speed and are crazy and they get off everyt time...so much for no profiling... btw I drive a GMC truck for the school year... :dunno:

Paul Z.

ProdigyCustoms
08-23-2004, 08:50 PM
Late night cops, made me think. I get the dumb ass award for a late night cop story. I am usually super cool on the street when I am out cruising, always being double sure I am somewhere away from others, especially cops, before I play. A couple years back, I am out in my JustBringIt car, cruising all night stop to stop with a group of 20 or so street / race buddies. All V8 muscle cars, most of the street / drag race variety. We got ran out of a couple spots with stupid ricers drifting and raising hell in our parking lots, better to just leave then be guilty by association. Ended up hanging out till 3:00AM at Denny's waiting for a race that didn't happen. In the meantime, at 3:00AM, I split at the same time as one of my friends in his stock 98 Z28. We are cruising a few miles side by side, light to light, under the speed limit for a few miles, nice and mellow, when we get to a fresh red light. Hanging out the drivers window, talking to my buddies beside me on my left, I notice a temporary orange antenna coming from under the rear bumper of his Camaro. I ask, What's the antenna for? He said, we just took a trip, it's a CB so we know where the cops are. I said, Perfect, are there any around? He answered, NOPE!
Being the show off I am, I flip the magic switch, purge the nitrous, the traffic light goes green, and I leave on the gas (NOS), leaving a massive combination cloud of NOS and slightly loaded plugs from cruising all night. The car dead hooks (ET Streets), I run it to 7500, hit second and lift at 4000 in second gear (about 80MPH). All this happens in 3 seconds at most. I look in the mirror, and apparently, on my bumper, at the traffic light. was a cop that apparently had been following us for a while! I never saw him, never looked in my mirror up to that point. When I look in my mirror, when I am letting out, he is still sitting at the light, probably dumbfounded and coughing nitrous fumes and waiting for the cloud to clear, thinking, what a dumb f..k! I say, oh **** to the wife and just pull over before he even hits the blues. Then he hits the blues and hauls as up to me like I am trying to escape.
By the time he gets there I am already exiting the car, and he is like ready to draw on my. I put my hands on the roof and tell him to chill. He frisk me and ask me what the hell was I thinking? I said, would you believe I didn't see you? He mumbles, No **** Sherlock!
After a few more smart exchanges he goes to his cruiser and returns with a ticket for drag racing on the street. I say, I did a lot of things, but I was NOT racing anyone. He said I raced my buddy, which was BS because my buddy turned left immediately, he later told me that he and his passenger were like, Holy ****! Franks going to jail, LOL!
The cop went on to defend saying, I really wanted to write you a ticket for driving with your front wheels in the air, but I couldn't find that one in my book. See, all the cop saw was the wheelie bars hitting the ground, my headlights go up, and the cloud. I laughed and said, impressive wasn't it? He didn't think it was a joke.
I think anyone here married will understand the next paragraph. Now to make it worse. I never take the wife out on these cruises, but tonight, she wanted to come. Needless to say I got the, your a f..kin juvenile lecture. I deserve a ticket, which really pissed me off. And all the while I am getting this funky smell. I try not to say anything, but see, it was 35 degrees this night, and the car engine tempature wasn't warm yet, and the NOS blew the head gasket big time between cylinders 2and 4. Now it was burning anti freeze and smelled horrible, of coarse white smoke was bellowing from the pipes. She smelled it, I told her shut up (bad move), and told her the motor was injured. Now she is really ragging me *****ing about how much would it cost to fix it, LOL! I limped it home 10 miles or so, very worried about my motor, but of coarse, with her in my ear, it wasn't possible to express concern. Now don't get me wrong, she is actually pretty sweet, but after standing in the cold for hours, she was a little testy, LOL! BTW, the was her last cruise!
Long story short I went to court to fight the ticket hoping the cop would not show up. The SOB showed up. It is an automatic win in Orange County Florida if the cop doesn't show up. He defended vigorously his drag racing claim. I told the judge that I did indeed leave to fast, and could even be considered guilty of improper start, but by no means was I racing! The judge told the cop he believed I probably had a testosterone driven moment, and left fast, as I had admitted, but that he did not think I was drag racing anyone. And the judge through the ticket out.
Close call. Having a dealers licensee, my insurance is already higher then giraffes balls, if I got a ticket for drag racing on the street, I would be canceled.
So, a little luck, and some defense, and I was clean.
WHEW!!!
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Matt@RFR
08-23-2004, 09:16 PM
I laughed and said, impressive wasn't it?

:lol:

:icon996:

:hail: