PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from Oklahoma

Badley
03-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Well I never planned to be apart of this crowd. All my improvements to my car had been based on keeping my 68 Camaro stock for the most part. I had made the basic up grades, polygraphite bushings, new springs all the way around. Took a ford nine inch out of a Lincoln welded up the brackets and converted to a 4 wheel disk car. I had done all this back in high school and every thing was good. But the more I drive the newer hot rods the more I see the need to improve my cars suspension. I was in the process of installing a LT1 into my 68 when I decided to convert to rack and pinion, cause I was sick and tired of that stupid gear box getting in the way all the time. Well while looking at that upgrade I started noticing all the new sub frames out there, then I started noticing the full suspension kits, subframe connectors and 4 link rears. Well the next thing I knew I had purchased the whole kit and kaboodle. The kit is suppose to be here in about 10 days and I will start the transformation. So thats my story. Not sure I qualify as a Pro-tourer yet, but I am working on it. Peace out.

class67
03-04-2008, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the site, it sounds like some nice improvements you are getting.

Badley
03-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Ok... well after reading this fourm a bit I notice that I am not a Pro-Touring guy, just a hot rod cruiser guy. I am finding a lot of useful info on here.

dropit69
03-06-2008, 04:51 PM
welcome ..none of my stuff is considered pro-touring either YET..but still alot of cool stuff here..can also check out musclerides.com..another cool site..

jilge71
03-06-2008, 09:10 PM
norman welcomes you my friend...you dont have to like pro touring you just have to like cars. this site has geat info and plenty of people to help answer any questions that you might have. but while your here a little trip down pt lane could change your mind...lol

1offwizard
03-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Welcome from another Okie who does not meet the criteria. This site is full of great inspiration!

go-fish
03-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Sooner born and Sooner bred but I live outside the state now. Outside the country actually but my wife and daughter live in Shawnee right now.
Welcome to the site and drop in down at the regional forum. I think they put Oklahoma in the Mid West section?

jimthestonemaker
03-08-2008, 05:48 AM
Another welcome from an Okie.

Young Gun
03-08-2008, 07:08 AM
hahah welcome...Im pretty sure quite a few people on here can relate to you... My dad and I got a 70 nova on my 16th birthday to do a simple 15k restoration on it and have it done in less than 9 months... the car has changed in ideas pretty drastically and wont be done for at least another year haha