PDA

View Full Version : which carb?

jasonsnova
02-29-2008, 10:58 AM
ok my nova 355 afr 195"s air gap intake lunatis voodo cam#60103 1.6 rockers, t56 tranny, currenty i have a 750 hp double pumper on it which works well...too well great carb but sucks the gas ! so now im leaning towards a vac secondary carb for street use and keep the dp hp or the few times a year at the track, first thought was a custome quadrajet carb built by cliffs high performance but he is like back logged with 6-7 months of work (i'd like to be able to drive it this season!) next though was either the the hooley street avenger 770 or a one of the new holley hp street vac secondarys.... all are realatively close in price (cliffs the most, the avenger the least) so what would u guys do short of efi(not in the budet this year) obviously im looking for the most performance while picking up some mpg and driveabilty too

73ta
02-29-2008, 04:27 PM
I went with Cliff's, well worth the wait!

Shaker455
02-29-2008, 04:52 PM
If you will not wait for Cliff who is a friend of mine I may be able to help.

Do you have a Qjet already?

Tom 72RS/SS
02-29-2008, 06:40 PM
Holley has a section of their website that allows you to plug in info regarding displacement, max rpm, heads, intake, etc. to give you the proper size carb for your application, it's pretty cool.

jasonsnova
03-01-2008, 05:05 AM
If you will not wait for Cliff who is a friend of mine I may be able to help.

Do you have a Qjet already?
i dont have one but could probally get my hands on one easy enough, thing i liked about cliff's was that he had them all recoated so they look decent and he says he can get it very close out of the box(cause im a q-jet dumby,lol)

jasonsnova
03-01-2008, 05:06 AM
Holley has a section of their website that allows you to plug in info regarding displacement, max rpm, heads, intake, etc. to give you the proper size carb for your application, it's pretty cool.
ya been there....says to use the carb i got lol! dont get me wrong it works good but a holley dp/hp is pretty much a race carb and it loves fuel!

Shaker455
03-01-2008, 11:34 AM
I don't offer plating yet but I do have a 77' Qjet that the plating is in good shape.