PDA

View Full Version : driver weight distribution

PzeroTA
08-19-2004, 01:52 PM
I added a page to SuperCar X that has weight and distribution information for the Firebird. You can view the page here, (http://www.supercarx.com/projects/gallery6.htm) but comparing the information I found for the driver's weight distribution to the information for a first gen Firebird, I am surprised by the difference. The page has more details on what I found, but in a nutshell, the weights I made show 1/3 of the driver's weight to the front. The AMA specs for a '68 show more than 43% to the front. I would have thought given the same configuration and wheelbase the numbers would have been closer to the same. I don't know anything about the seat's adjustment for the AMA numbers though.

To help me out, can someone measure the distance from the rear axle to the middle of the driver's seat on a first gen Camaro/Firebird. It would help if when doing this, the seat is adjusted to fit someone between 5'8" to 6', but anything can work if you tell me how the seat is adjusted. I would also appreciate a distance from the rear axle to the firewall. These measurements can be pretty rough (+/- 1") so just a measurement from outside the car can work.

I could use the same measurements from other cars as well for future work. A Nova (or other X-body) would be appreciated.