PDA

View Full Version : Kinesis wheels

34X2Camaro
01-29-2005, 09:58 PM
Anyone have any experiences with this company. I've decided on the Kinesis K58 18x10 fronts and 18x12 for the rears. For the price, they better be good.

B Schein
01-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Kinesis are probably one of the best wheels you can buy. The quality is excellent they look better in person than they do in pictures. Their a few people here who have them maybe they will chime in with their thoughts on the quality.

parsonsj
01-30-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm running Kinesis on my car. Their quality is second to none. Their styling is less flashy than other companies, but mine balanced up nicely and the anodizing, fit, and finish are excellent.

jp

Steve Chryssos
01-30-2005, 05:52 AM
I can't say enough good things about my Kinesis wheels. But I'll try:

1) The quality of the forged centers is second to none.
2) The shot peened finish on the spokes looks purposeful--not showy.
3) They use true mil-spec hardware to secure the centers to the rim halves.
4) The 3 pc design allows you to more accurately select width and backspacing that looks and works right on your car. You can juggle backspacing such that you will be able to fit wider wheels on your car than you could if running mass produced wheels (Size and backspace options on mass produced wheels are generally limited to 1/2" inncrements). I'm running 18"x10" wheels in the rear of my 68 without any wheelwell or tub mods.
5) Caliper clearance is exceptional. Too good actually. The mounting pads (offset) could be smaller--which would result in more backspacing.
6) When running my car at ten-tenths, I never worry about wheel failure.
7) They're extremely light. I swear that I can feel the difference during cornering and braking.
8) The curvature of the spokes (profile) on the K58's is a perfect styling match to 1st gen Camaros. They look even better on Andrew's 70 GTO.
9) They're expensive, so you never have to worry about the guy down the block having the same wheels.
10) When parked, women come up to the car, study the wheels (because they look like jewelry), fondle the texture on the spokes, and then ask to have sex with me.

Mean 69
01-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Steve, I get that same response with the women all the time, really gets to my wife!

I live about ten minutes fromt he Kinesis shop, and have been there a number of times. The owner, Peter Stacey, is a super nice guy, and the sales manager (Alan) is also an equally really terrific person. The only possible gripe (and they would probably agree with this in private) is that their lead times can be a bit longer than some of the other wheel houses. The deal here is that they are truly a custom wheel house, meaning you choose exactly what you want the various finishes, etc to be. The wheels are modular, obviously, so much of the stuff can be put on the shelf in advance, but they don't have a huge percentage (yet) of the early muscle cars in their current sales volume. As such, they will most likely have to cut metal to get the bolt pattern and offset for a specific vehicle like ours.

All that said, I will very most likely never buy a set of wheels from another company, ever. I run them on my daily driver, and I am running them on the back of my 69 Camaro (the fronts will come after I build the new front subframe, not sure what the offset will need to be). They really are *that* nice.

Plan ahead, buy them, and you'll never look back.
Mark

zbugger
01-30-2005, 09:27 AM
10) When parked, women come up to the car, study the wheels (because they look like jewelry), fondle the texture on the spokes, and then ask to have sex with me.

Umm... Steevo, bro.... Umm... Can I borrow your car for a couple hours? Pleeeeeeeeeessssse? :candle:

andrewb70
01-30-2005, 02:13 PM

4) The 3 pc design allows you to more accurately select width and backspacing that looks and works right on your car. You can juggle backspacing such that you will be able to fit wider wheels on your car than you could if running mass produced wheels (Size and backspace options on mass produced wheels are generally limited to 1/2" inncrements). I'm running 18"x10" wheels in the rear of my 68 without any wheelwell or tub mods.
5) Caliper clearance is exceptional. Too good actually. The mounting pads (offset) could be smaller--which would result in more backspacing.
7) They're extremely light. I swear that I can feel the difference during cornering and braking.
8) The curvature of the spokes (profile) on the K58's is a perfect styling match to 1st gen Camaros. They look even better on Andrew's 70 GTO.
9) They're expensive, so you never have to worry about the guy down the block having the same wheels.

What Steevo said.

Andrew

reedster
01-31-2005, 10:51 PM

That pretty much sums it up. Here's a pic of mine.https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

zbugger
01-31-2005, 11:07 PM
Reedster, welcome. You've got a nice car there. It's the Hammer, right? Saw it at SEMA and was impressed. Very nice. Hope you like the site.

Cruiznblue
02-02-2005, 10:14 PM
Anyone got a link to where i can see these rims?

reedster
02-03-2005, 12:18 AM
www.kinesismotorsport.com

zbugger, thanks for the compliment and yes, i've enjoyed looking over the site. a lot of nice cars here. take care.

parsonsj
02-03-2005, 04:30 AM
Reedster, love the wheels. But I love the car more. Your Charger was my fave at SEMA this year. Nicely done!

Stick around ... lots of good guys here.

jp

Salt Racer
02-03-2005, 07:49 AM

Damn it! I knew I should have bought at least a pair of K18s instead of buying fresh set of heads and a custom cam!

andrewb70
02-03-2005, 04:20 PM
Heads and cam are not very sexy...

Andrew

Salt Racer
02-03-2005, 04:53 PM
Well, we'll see about that! After I assemble them on, I'll park my car at a local mall parking lot with the hood open, and see if the sparkling new heads attract some hot blonde gals!! :rolleyes5

It was either one pair of K18s or engine mods. I don't need any wider rear tires unless I can put wider fronts on, and Front rims require significant mods to front suspension, which I don't have time to do now. Since I'm planning to do Buttonwillow next month, engine mods won. I couldn't even keep up with a stock EVO or WRX (they look the same to me) in straight at Streets of Willow.

Ya know, if Holley ever wants to develop aluminum heads for 401-425 Nailheads, I'll unselfishly volunteer to be a guinea pig ;-)

F1 Speed
04-10-2005, 06:33 PM
Heres a pic of a mock up wheel that the guys at Metal Works (http://www.metalworksperformance.com/_80k69ss_.cfm) are using on my Chevelle.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

More here (http://www.metalworksperformance.com/_80k69ss_.cfm)