PDA

View Full Version : 72 Nova Door Shell Replacement Question

NovaMan
02-28-2008, 05:09 AM
I have a quick questions some of you experienced body guys may know. I have a 1972 Nova and it has the welded in door hinges, I want to put new door shells on the car (the old ones are in decent shape) but seeing all the sheet metal besides the roof has been replaced because the guy that owned it liked to drink if you know what I mean. Anyway there are some good deals with door shells around and wanted to know if I disassembled the door at the hinge, and bought new shells, if I could take half the hinge( new one) and bolt it to the shell and assemble the door back on the car with the hinge pin? Will this cause any alignment problems? And are the hinges the same for the bolt on vs. the weld on?

novaman

NovaMan
03-18-2008, 03:29 PM
bump

67goatman455
03-18-2008, 04:48 PM
im not sure if the bolt on and weld on hinges are identical or not, but if you use bolt on hinges, then you will be able to adjust the door that much more. all 99-06 chevy and gmc trucks came with welded on hinges, the replacement doors come with bolted on hinges and they help extremely well when the door needs to be adjusted.