PDA

View Full Version : Yellow/White '55 Chevy at BJ

MuscleRodz
01-29-2005, 05:45 PM
Did anybody see what it brought? Lot number was 974, I missed it when it went across the block. It was a local car to me built by Steve Cook and beautifully built.

Mike

ProdigyCustoms
01-29-2005, 05:59 PM
$200,000 if I remeber right

MuscleRodz
01-29-2005, 08:20 PM
That's amazing. It probably cost every penny to build. The list of mods on the body alone is endless.

Mike

ZZ430
01-29-2005, 09:32 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

I love that car.

The interior is outstanding as is the engine compartment.

From the BJ site:

"974 1955 CHEVROLET 210 CUSTOM 2 DOOR SEDAN WITH BELAIR TRIM $221400 "

nvawgn
01-29-2005, 09:59 PM
yep, nice car!

Air Daddy
01-30-2005, 07:33 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

I love that car.

The interior is outstanding as is the engine compartment.
"

so true...

trayb
01-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Only $200k!! Man, sounds like that guy probably got most of his money back. That car had to cost atleast that much to build and to only get that much for it. I wonder how much it appraised for comming out of Steve Cooks shop?

Bill Howell
01-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Hi Everyone,
The night that car went across the block, you would have thought that Craig Jackson owned it. He said that this was like the resto-mod that sold last year but much better. I bet he had an interest in it. I have been catching up on all the forums tonight and there seems to be alot of discussion about the auction. It was great being there in person, but most of the cars IMO were overpriced. Regardless of the name used, I considered most of the restomods to be Pro-Touring myself. I will post a few pictures later but need sleep right now.

WS6
01-31-2005, 07:32 PM
oh yes that car was beautiful. the wife of the owner was weeping as the price went up and up. she didnt speak, but the announcers thought it was because of how much the car was fetching. it took five years to build that car they said. very very clean and nice. sounded awsome when they drove it off the block.

Charley Lillard
01-31-2005, 07:37 PM
Standing under that car you could see that the beautiful exhaust was gonna hit things and rattle like crazy once somebody tries to do any driving with it. Maybe 1/8" clearance in spots. I liked the one last year better.

MuscleRodz
01-31-2005, 08:15 PM
That car is what put Steve Cook on the map. He told me that his thought behind that car was to see if an Okie could compete with all the CA boys. It proved he could. I don't think it was ever meant to be much of a driver but it did get driven beyond the trailer on occasion. I crawled all over it about a year ago and now I wish I had taken some detailed pics. The guy who commissioned the car has Cook doing a Ford this time. I garuntee it will top the Chevy. I don't go over there much anymore, all the publicity has kind of gone to his head.

Mike

customcam
02-18-2005, 02:26 AM
hey guys just had alook at those pics of the 55 chevy! oh man that looks awsome! guys do u have any other info or PICS of this creation?
i would love to see more of it! Thnaks always:)

Andrew McBride
02-18-2005, 05:19 AM
I will try to get some pics up. I took a couple pics at Steve's open house car show last summer. If I can figure out this scanner!
You could also e-mail steve cook creations and they may send you some detailed pics. I talked to him on the phone couple months ago that guy is pretty amazing in his builds/ideas. Check out his 69' he is building for his dad. A great car.

Andrew

Stuart Adams
02-18-2005, 09:52 AM
I'm pretty sure between 240-250K was the sold price.

MuscleRodz
02-18-2005, 12:09 PM
$210K not including BJ's 8%.

Mike

USAZR1
03-01-2005, 02:08 PM
That car is what put Steve Cook on the map. He told me that his thought behind that car was to see if an Okie could compete with all the CA boys. It proved he could. I don't think it was ever meant to be much of a driver but it did get driven beyond the trailer on occasion. I crawled all over it about a year ago and now I wish I had taken some detailed pics. The guy who commissioned the car has Cook doing a Ford this time. I guarantee it will top the Chevy. I don't go over there much anymore, all the publicity has kind of gone to his head.
Mike

I talked to him on the phone the other day about buying some Air Ride Co components as they are an Air Ride distributor. Seemed like a nice guy and was very helpful. It was hard for me to believe their shop labor rate is only $40/hour. That's cheap. Might have to let them do some custom fab work on my Elky in the future.

kennyd
03-02-2005, 07:23 AM
steve cook is one of the best builders , his background came from restoring dusenburgs and cords , every time i have seen him or his wife they have been very nice to talk to ,the same for bruce ricks the owner. he was not happy at the bj he wanted 300k.
the 55 got the shaft at most shows it attended ! columbus beat by the tezerich 56 , springfield mo by a crapy nova, pigeon forge by the troy 62 .

MuscleRodz
03-02-2005, 07:28 PM
I talked to him on the phone the other day about buying some Air Ride Co components as they are an Air Ride distributor. Seemed like a nice guy and was very helpful. It was hard for me to believe their shop labor rate is only $40/hour. That's cheap. Might have to let them do some custom fab work on my Elky in the future.
No the $40 isn't bad, it is when ever I get done it what it will cost. If you got the money, I would not hesitate to take a car to him, but if you are on a budget, forget it. I seriously thought about letting him paint my Camaro, but he would not even give me a ballpark price and I knew it would have been $8K-$10K to do it.

Mike

MuscleRodz
03-02-2005, 07:34 PM
steve cook is one of the best builders , his background came from restoring dusenburgs and cords , every time i have seen him or his wife they have been very nice to talk to ,the same for bruce ricks the owner. he was not happy at the bj he wanted 300k.
the 55 got the shaft at most shows it attended ! columbus beat by the tezerich 56 , springfield mo by a crapy nova, pigeon forge by the troy 62 .
Yeah he does a bunch of work for Dale Bliss who owns Obsolete Ford, Mustangs parts of OK, and Classic Chevrolet here in OKC. He has three huge buildings at his house full of cool cars. Tezerich's 56 bites compared to the 55. Panel fitment sucks and has way to much Bling bling on it.

Mike