PDA

View Full Version : New here and needing help!

shownshine55
02-26-2008, 08:17 AM
Short version of the story, I have a '70 Chevelle SS that I have worked on and off on since 1990. It is an LS-6 car with a never fired up replacement 1990 LS-6 motor and TCI turbo 400. That was a hot set up back then! Not anymore, oh well that is what I'm going with. This has been a major headache since I bought it. That is why the on/off again thing. Anyways I will be looking for info on aftermarket frame setups and wheel and tire fitment. I have redone my exsisting frame, but am not totally satisfied with what I have got. So hopefully an aftermarket frame is in my near future, along with some very wide 18s for the rear and 17s for the front. Jim

Satatic
02-26-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm sorry what did you need help with again? lol

carguy502
02-27-2008, 12:19 AM
I have found that throwing stacks of money at my car seems to make it better:pat:. Seriously though, I am certain if you do a search for A body frames on this site, you will find a bunch of kick ass options such as AME, the Roadster shop, or Schwartz performance.

7TSS
02-27-2008, 10:34 AM
Is your stock frame unusable? If it's still in good shape you can work with it to bring it to modern day standards. You can check out SC&C (site sponsor on the right of this page) for a complete upgrade kit. Otherwise like stated above you can check out the Art Morrison chassis if you don't mind fabbing a new floorpan. The Schwartz and Roadster Shop are supposed to be a direct bolt-ins.

jackfrost
02-27-2008, 10:52 AM
what have you done to the stock frame? what do you feel is unsatisfying about it?

Satatic
02-27-2008, 06:26 PM
Ohh completely missed the frame sentence. Embarrassing.