PDA

View Full Version : AFB Carb and TH400 kick down bracket

69Rathead
01-29-2005, 12:11 AM
Anybody out there running an AFB or Edelbrock Performer carb using throttle linkage (not Cable) with the Th400 kickdown switch mounted and working? If so can you send me or upload some pics? It would be greatly appreciated as the bracket I was sold with the B&M switch kit does not make sense to me. I think I was sold the wrong bracket. I have never had the kickdown working and all of it was missing when I bought the car. Just PM me if you need info to send pics or upload here. Either way a picture is worth a thousand words...Thanks in advance for any help!

69Rathead
02-03-2005, 07:20 PM
Inputs please!

gmachinz
02-03-2005, 08:01 PM
Well, if your car originally had a TH400, the switch is mounted on the gas pedal assembly/floor. The bracket B&M provided you most likely is a flat piece of bar stock with holes you just bend to fit, right? I used an NOS micro-switch and mounted it on the bracket and I needed to bend the bracket and bolt it to a carburator mounting bolt so that at WOT, it (the throttle arm) would engage and activate the low gear kickdown. I run a 750 Holley but the same would apply to you. Simply run a +12V lead from your battery to one side of the switch-and then the other terminal from the switch down to the tranny-that's it. I'll take and email you a pic if you still need one-let me know. -Jabin

69Rathead
02-04-2005, 02:47 AM
Thanks for the input...I'm starting to think I just need to do something like you did just to get it to work. The car did not come with a TH400 it came with a Th350 and was swapped before I got it. From what I have read the Camaros came with the kick down on the Carb/manifold area not the floor but I'm not 100% positive about that. My carb has a throttle linkage rather than a cable and the switch is actually a B&M switch but the bracket is by another manufacturer and looks like this Spectre one (upper one in the pic)
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=828&prmenbr=361
I think it may be for cars with a throttle cable. Does not seem to work but I'll dink with it some more and get something to work. Just thought maybe someone had a pic of thier setup so I could just quickly look at it and buy the right brackets and save some time on it. I'll mess with it this weekend and get something going...Thanks again.