PDA

View Full Version : Custom Kick Panels and sub box fitment

heetstroke
02-23-2008, 08:36 AM
I am wondering if any of you guys know where I can find some custom kick panels for my 72 camaro. I tried q-logic and mtx but they dont make anything for my year model.
2nd I am looking at buying a kicker 12inch L5 enclosure and want to know if it would mount in my trunck under the rear decklid by pushed against the rear seat(sub facing to the rear).The box size is 19"W x 16"H x 17-7/8"D1 x 14-5/8"D2. I am just concerned on the height.

Sorry to ask simple questions like these but I am currently deployed in Iraq and just purchased my 72 RS so I cannot go out and do the easy measuring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

XTRMEASURES
03-30-2008, 03:55 PM
i have a 72 camaro if you would like i can measure and build some for you. plus i can build the sub enclosure also.

just let me know if i can help in anyway. i love those cars so if anything i can do just ask.

later

JamesJ
03-31-2008, 07:36 PM
http://www.casmfg.com/index.htm

maybe they can help... or have something that can work....

81Nascar
06-07-2008, 10:50 AM
I made custom kicks for my car. http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81920&highlight=cold+z28

They work well.

audioman
06-14-2008, 12:39 PM
I am wondering if any of you guys know where I can find some custom kick panels for my 72 camaro. I tried q-logic and mtx but they dont make anything for my year model.
2nd I am looking at buying a kicker 12inch L5 enclosure and want to know if it would mount in my trunck under the rear decklid by pushed against the rear seat(sub facing to the rear).The box size is 19"W x 16"H x 17-7/8"D1 x 14-5/8"D2. I am just concerned on the height.

Sorry to ask simple questions like these but I am currently deployed in Iraq and just purchased my 72 RS so I cannot go out and do the easy measuring.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would say you need to have custom kick panels and or door panels made from scratch and I would suggest a pro in that area.

One L5 would have no problem in the rear and it's a very inefficient woofer I think around 88% so I would pair it with at least 700 watts. If you used a more efficient woofer than you could reduce the power.

Remember it's a trade off.Also how much will you require from the system. 700 watts depending on the type of amp (Class A or D or G/H)amp can pull up to 116 amps.

It's ohms law not mine.

1976CamaroGuy
10-04-2011, 03:24 AM

[/FONT]Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know this is an old thread but I started making kick panels about 8 months ago and list on ebay from time to time. Just look at my posts.