PDA

View Full Version : waterpump?

stage2ROUSH
02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
I know this is in the wrong place, but here goes, the serpintine belt on my stang flew off tonight, and I had to drive it about 2 blocks to get it off the road, it lost alot of coolant, other than the belt, should I be worried about the water pump?? or anything else???? any quick help would REALLYYYY make me happy??????

yellowrallys
02-21-2008, 10:27 PM
Scott, do you know the reason for the coolant loss? I don't know why tossing the belt would cause the coolant to leave, unless it got hot or cut a hose. I don't think there would be a problem with the water pump. I would put on the new belt and fill it back up with coolant and start it up, let it run up to temp, and check for leaks.

zbugger
02-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Check your cylinders for any signs of overheating with head warpage, check your oil, and check your plugs. If that is all ok, just put on a new belt and make sure all the pulleys are aligned properly and the belt tensioner is ok. Was there anything else that could have caused the belt to come off? Make sure all the pulleys spin ok as well.

MrQuick
02-21-2008, 10:37 PM
I agree, top it off, put the belt on and run it. The coolant loss was probably from the cap over pressure blow off.

Check your tensioner and pulley alignment.

stage2ROUSH
02-22-2008, 04:22 AM
thanks for the info i'm going to go see whats up with it now you guys rock!!