PDA

View Full Version : New Old Guy

Roq
02-21-2008, 08:52 AM
I've read a lot of good things about this site.I've seen some real nice cars the owners say came from inspiration and imagination of the site members. I hope to gain a little myself. My project is lounging in my garage, waiting for me to get the rest of life in order. I see a dim light at the far end of the tunnel and continue to hope it's not the 10:45 running a little ahead of schedule. My project is a 1964 Nova SS convertible. Never wrecked, but enough rust to make me buy a mig welder. My current field of research is suspension related. What works and what doesn't? What to avoid and what to embrace. This car is being built for a woman, so all out performance is the first concern. Any suggestions?

derekf
02-21-2008, 11:32 AM
Welcome to the site, Roq.

I'm not the suspension guru that many around here are, but it seems to me that if performance is not the primary concern, perhaps the best bet is to refurbish the stock suspension and brakes, and put some good shocks and tires on it?

Oh - and we really like pictures, especially in-progress ones. Got any of your Nova?