PDA

View Full Version : Copying is the bext form of flattery?

chopshopcustoms
02-21-2008, 05:18 AM
Anyone out there ever find a car that was painted EXACTLY like yours and yours isnt somethng anyone would just up and paint?

A few years back my wife got me a DUB CITY toy which is the exact rendition of my 56 Chevy- right down to the ghost flames.

I mean- not everyone paints their cars purple with blue flames and silver ghost flames? Ya know?

Kinda freaky.

Mr.VENGEANCE
02-21-2008, 10:52 AM
i said it once.. ill say it again..

Biting..

"imitation best form of flattery".. is a biters motto to justify his theivery.

"imitation best form of flattery".. is the person whos idea was robbed justification and way of dealing with being RIPPED OFF.

hows that?..

matty b
02-21-2008, 11:40 AM
I wouldnt necessarily say that cause my car plan was thought up a while back and then I see the roadster shops car and its like what I planned except orange and not charcoal silver. I had not seen their car until it was plasstered all over the web and on magazine covers and then I just sat there and was F%^K!! what do I do now?!?!

Tony_SS
02-21-2008, 11:43 AM
Lets see the DUB and the actual car...

chopshopcustoms
02-21-2008, 11:45 AM

Ill grab some pictures tonight of the DUB. I actually think it was cool .

chopshopcustoms
02-22-2008, 12:08 PM

Here is my car and the DUB

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

what do you think? :woot:

sorry for the dusty pics

Tony_SS
02-22-2008, 12:14 PM
You're right, that is spot on from what I can see. I would be flattered. Did you contact them anyway? Would be interesting to hear their response if you even got one - but that's a neat deal, unless YOU painted the DUB. lol j/k. ;)

chopshopcustoms
02-22-2008, 04:11 PM
You're right, that is spot on from what I can see. I would be flattered. Did you contact them anyway? Would be interesting to hear their response if you even got one - but that's a neat deal, unless YOU painted the DUB. lol j/k. ;)

Actually about 2 years before my wife had emailed them (and they were only in Japan or China at that time) and sent them a picture of the car saying something like 'how come you have never done a 56 Chevy-everyone does 57s':seizure:

I guess someone must have listened.

In any event- people love it if I show the car somewherer with its mini -me...lol

Mr.VENGEANCE
02-22-2008, 04:42 PM
thats pretty spot...

at least its a toy.. and not a build.

MrQuick
02-22-2008, 07:57 PM
Actually about 2 years before my wife had emailed them (and they were only in Japan or China at that time) and sent them a picture of the car saying something like 'how come you have never done a 56 Chevy-everyone does 57s':seizure:

I guess someone must have listened.

In any event- people love it if I show the car somewherer with its mini -me...lol yeah, I guess that just about does it.:idea: You should threaten them with a law suit unless they put a miniture of you in the drivers seat. LOL