PDA

View Full Version : need opinions on what i should do

importkiller69ss
02-19-2008, 08:43 PM
well my car is getting torn apart again for a makeover thats the only part of the car that was needing attention already put in a new motor overdrive performance suspension you know the whole pro-touring treatment. well i jsut baught a set of racing seat that will be going in and i am wondering what i should do with the stockers.. they are in perfect shape zero tears in the material seatbacks in great shape headrests are in great shape on a scale form 1-10 id give them a strong 8 or maybe even 9 ....i dont ever plan on selling this car if i dont have to and i also cant see it going back to its original from..so my question is should i sell the seats and use the money i get to put back into the project which i really need im poor and in college and on a budget but trying to so this right.....or do i wrap the seats up and put them in the attick at my parents....my dad tells me im an idiot for thinking of selling them...

Boesch
02-19-2008, 09:01 PM
My personal opinion would be to sell them. If you don't ever plan on using them, then why keep them? They'll become great dust collectors and eventually dry rot and crack sitting in an attic.

Vegas69
02-19-2008, 09:03 PM
That car is far from stock. Who gives a **** about stock seats. They only made about 500,000 sets of them. Sell them over at camaros.net.

importkiller69ss
02-19-2008, 09:07 PM
how much are they worth ive seen go as high as 500 a set

paulk68
02-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I was in the exact same situation and ended up selling my 68 camaro stock seats because i needed the money for other parts. but i told my self that i would not sell them for a dollar less than what i though was a fair price. that way i had no regrets.

paulk68
02-19-2008, 09:10 PM
i sold my 68 camaro front and rears for 500 bucks at carlise. they were in great shape.

importkiller69ss
02-19-2008, 09:12 PM
sweet thanks