PDA

View Full Version : After a long delay.. Project Update

Steve1968LS2
01-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Since Seattle's weather has moved down it rains all the time. This has made it very hard to make progress on the car. I finally got sick of waiting and dodged rain clouds to get to the shop.

So what did we get done? Well, lots of little things like wiring guages, tightening bolts and other minor things. The two big things were:

drum roll....

Fabricated the intake. It came out nice and we welded some clips on the bottom to hold the wire loom all nice. We did need to modify the radiator inlet so that we could get the best looking angle on the tube but it all worked out well. It's going to be thermal ceramic coated to match the headers.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Also we installed the Slide-a-links and the QA1 rear shocks. The moron I bought the car from had the drivers side leafspring in backwards :hand: -- other than that the install was pretty straightforward.

Car ran great on the freeway going there. Now that the guages are hooked up I can tell the car runs very cool. When cruising I never got over 150 and in traffic I barely touched 180 degrees.

And this pic just because I like it:

Next up.. final paint and buff (a small adjustment is needed to the drivers door). Then it's off to interior.

A light at the end of the tunnel?

Ralph LoGrasso
01-27-2005, 08:47 PM
Nice work, Steve!! That is one awesome Camaro, keep us posted on the finishing touches.

ViperBlue68
01-27-2005, 09:23 PM
Steve,

:jawdrop: WOW! :jawdrop: would like to say more but I cant stop staring at ur car!

Rybar
01-27-2005, 11:06 PM
Looks awesome, as always Steve....

zbugger
01-28-2005, 12:03 AM
It's missing some lights in the front. What's up with that?

protour_chevelle
01-28-2005, 07:23 AM
Cars looking great Steve! I really like your idea of welding clips on the bottom to hide the MAF wires. :)

-Matt

Steve1968LS2
01-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Cars looking great Steve! I really like your idea of welding clips on the bottom to hide the MAF wires. :)

-Matt

To be technical we welded threaded studs so we could bolt on small clips. I will try and take some detailed pics this weekend. If you look close at the intake you can see the tubular post we used to support the outer end of the intake. It goes straight down to the fenderwell where it uses a factory hole. We also put a rubber gommet in the hole to act as an isolator.

LS1Z28
01-28-2005, 08:42 AM
Steve, Where's the driver seat you promised me?

Steve1968LS2
01-28-2005, 09:18 AM
Steve, Where's the driver seat you promised me?

I picked it up Thursday and it's in my garage. Good thing you are recovering it because they left it outside for a couple of weeks.. Oh well, you can't beat the price, free :)

You can come by this weekend and pick it up.

Craigon69
01-28-2005, 11:09 AM
Did you mount your upper rear shocks in the stock trunk location?

Shocks are still on my "to-buy" list, but I installed Slide-A-Links and a CE upper shock mount to move them inside the rails. I was planning on using the Slide-A-link's lower inner mount and of course the CE mount for upper. But with this configuration, things will be tight when it comes time for exhaust!

Happyfunballs
01-28-2005, 11:22 AM
Nice 'maro Steve.....where'd you get them traction bars? Might need some for my 67.

MuscleRodz
01-29-2005, 04:37 PM
Very nice car. It is still one of the cleanest I have seen and I love that blue on your car.

Mike