PDA

View Full Version : SOLUTION: 4th to 2nd Gen Camaro/Firebird/Trans AM Seat Conversion

JoshStratton
01-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Hey Kids.

After much searching and much frustration, I have created and tested a document with pictures on how to modify 4th generation seats to fit in a 2nd generation car without major modifications and without using too many expensive tools.

I have created a small web page where this can be downloaded or viewed.

Here ya go! :headbang:
This is a .PDF:
http://www.wideopenwest.com/~joshstratton/

Let me know if you have any questions:

yody
01-28-2005, 03:27 PM
Nice write up. You lost me, right at the point of the stack of 36 washers!!!!! I would just buy a set of aftermarket sliders and make adapter plates. My Recaros' came out of an 05 EVO with the leather recaro interior option. THey had a bunch of weird bracketry, i cut off a bunch of it. I already had corbeau sliders so i just madee some brackets out of 1/8" steel did some drilling and tapping and just bolted it all together. worked great!

Zedzag
01-28-2005, 04:41 PM
One day I'll take some pics of the 94t/a seats that went into my 81z using the stock 81 tracks. I didn't raise the seats up at all and didn't use a welder either. I just notched the area on the 94 seat where the 81 track would bolt and elongated some holes with a big washer under the bolt for extra strength. It's cool that 2nd gen and 4th gen seat track mounting holes are the same width apart.

JoshStratton
01-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Sorry, I guess the washer thing wasn't that clear....I used them only to level the door side with the passenger side of the seat temporarily. Otherwise, the seat would lean slightly. I then measured the stack and used those lenghts to cut the square tubing. I then used those tubes to offset the door side track, just like the passenger side. The washers were no longer used after that.

I could have used some after market brackets like you did with the Recarros, but I wanted to use what I had available at the time. Good idea though! You should post pics. I would like to see what they look like.

yody
01-28-2005, 08:24 PM
well if you go the slider way, you have to spend a $120, a lot more than some spacers! I just don't know if i woudl trust a bar like that. But i guess its only one 1 part. That was a really nice write up though