PDA

View Full Version : Correct steps

01somta
02-16-2008, 04:14 PM
I am ready to spray my etching primer, undercoat (raptor liner), and lay some seam sealer (lord fusor 122EZ). I was going to do this in a two night process. The first night scuff and spray the etching primer to just seams and then apply the seam sealer. Coming back the next evening and scuff/degrease and prime the entire undercarriage, then spray my undercoat. My question is can I spray the etching primer over the seam sealer that I put down the night before? Or, should I scuff/degrease everything on the undercarriage and then apply the etching primer over the entire undercarriage and then apply the seam sealer, come back the next night and rescuff the primer and apply my undercoat.

67speedfreak
02-16-2008, 09:14 PM
Apply the primer then the seam sealer followed by the liner.

Brian

01somta
02-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Apply the primer then the seam sealer followed by the liner.

Brian

That was my first thought, but I would have to let the primer dry before I put down the seam sealer. So I would have to go through and rescuff everything again, unless you don't have to rescuff etching primer.

mikey
02-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Etch prime is usually dry in 30-60 min. Just scuff the primer where you plan to seam seal it not scuffing it will likely lead to adhesion problems. If you need to wait until the next night to undercoat it it might not be a bad idea to scuff it all just to be safe.