PDA

View Full Version : Connecting AN Fittings to Hardline (from old board)

derekf
08-19-2004, 11:15 AM
ChevyIIMan
(6/13/04 7:35 pm)
Reply Connecting AN fittings to hardline
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was going run new transmission lines using Aeroqip Socketless fittings but I will need to hook one of the lines to a 3/8 hardline going to the transmission cooler.

What sort of AN fitting do you need to hook it to a hardline? And will the socketless hose work ok for transmission lines?

chicane67
(6/13/04 7:41 pm)
Reply Re: Connecting AN fittings to hardline
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Use a "B-nut" and "sleeve" to attach the hard line to any other fittings you desire, but it specifically was desinged for high pressure "AN" / 37* JIC line fittings.

ChevyIIMan
(6/13/04 8:04 pm)
Alright ill swing by the shop tommorow and pick their brains and hopefully get what I need.

gmachinz
Unregistered User
(6/13/04 9:06 pm)
Reply Russell fittings...
They're called "hard tube" adapters. I use them and they work great! I believe they are about 6.99 apiece or so. -G

Mrfspdwrks69SS
(6/14/04 5:54 am)
You will also need to pick up a 37 degree flaring tool to flare the end of the hard line. Inline tube sells a nice one that is made by Rigid.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

TLF01- 37 Deg Single Flare Tool - $99.00
Flares: 3/16", 1/4", 5/16", 3/8", 1/2"
This tool is designed for single flare 37 degree flare applications. This tool provides smooth, uniform flares for A/N connections, using steel or stainless tubing.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/ear581906-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2004/08/ear581806-1.jpg

Mike
[email protected]

Steve2000SS
(6/14/04 8:37 am)
Reply hmm
Couldnt you just use a compression fitting?

Thats what I used to connect my braided fuel line to feed tube on my fuel rail..

??

gmachinz
Unregistered User
(6/14/04 7:30 pm)
Reply RE:hmm
Steve, that's what the Russell fittings are-compression fittings-but they allow you to go from hard line to AN male. I used one for my fuel line coming from the frame and then I used braided up to my fuel pump and so on. It works great and I haven't had any leakage problems with it. Check Jeg's online-the part number for what you want is 799-639210 and the price is $8.99 If you want 3/8 to -06 female, then that number is 799-639200 and that price is $7.99. It feels odd giving you part numbers & prices from somebody else when I'm almost ready to open my business, but hey I'll help people out any way I can! -G

ChevyIIMan
(6/14/04 9:59 pm)
Reply Re: RE:hmm
Thanks G! Now do they make an AN to flare adapter for a transmission or should I just go flare to NPT then connect the AN fitting?

SteveN 69 69 69
(6/15/04 12:46 am)
whoa, wait a minite
whoa, whoa, if you read the fine print, those hard line "adapters" are only rated at around 25 PSI. good for carbs ONLY. definately flair it and use sleves and nuts, they're good for 2000 psi+ I got a tool from summit that works great, 32 bucks.i've used it on alum. lines and steel brake line. that rigid tool is nice too, and will last longer if you use stainless line.
Steve N
69 Camaro RS , Hugger Orange , LT1/T56 , Chassisworks NoFab clip
www.pbase.com/steven69/69camaro

ChevyIIMan
(6/15/04 1:05 am)
Reply Re: whoa, wait a minite
Actually im going to just run an AN to 3/8 barb adapter to the tranny cooler so im eliminating the hardline all together so it wont be a problem. **Only using about 1ft total of rubber line.**