PDA

View Full Version : Nice bandsaw wanted, home shop....

BADVELLE
01-27-2005, 08:39 AM
What type/brand would you all recommend for fabrication in the home shop?? I don't want to break the bank on something that I am not going to depend on to make money with. I am looking at a Jet vertical/horizontal right now, I believe with a 1 hp motor. I was going to look at it today at a local tool shop, but wanted to opinions. Thanks in advance.

ProdigyCustoms
01-27-2005, 09:39 AM
Harbour frieght has ok home units

wendell
01-27-2005, 10:56 AM
Believe it or not, tons of people on the metalmeet site swear by the HF 4x6 bandsaw. If you've got the $800, the Turnpro horizontal/ vertical is a nice unit that I was hours away from buying before I was given this...

BADVELLE
01-27-2005, 12:10 PM
Believe it or not, tons of people on the metalmeet site swear by the HF 4x6 bandsaw. If you've got the $800, the Turnpro horizontal/ vertical is a nice unit that I was hours away from buying before I was given this...

Thanks for the reply. That one looks like one that I used way back in High School shop welding class, worked great. I need someone to give me one now. Anyway, I just ordered a JET 4x6 unit. The tool shop told me they have sold quite a few and it is a very good unit for the price (about $275). I tried the horizontal/vertical unit from HF, I thought it was junk. Maybe I just got a bad one, but no matter what adjustments I did, it would cut for a little bit, then pop off the blade. Very frustrating when you are in the middle of a project.

Anyway, thanks for the input.