PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket AC for 72 Nova that came withAC?

NovaMan
02-14-2008, 10:10 AM
Is there a aftermarket AC unit made for the 1972 novas that will enable the consumer to use all the factory controls and vents? I have been looking around and there are many units that are universals and non ac adaptions but for the life of me I cannot find one thatr uses the factory ac controls that came in the car. Can someone that has done this conversion or knows about a unit with part numbers that will fit my 72.

I really would like to use a more clean system with the ls3 or ls2 t-56 conversion.

novaman

shep
02-14-2008, 07:47 PM
looks like vintage air has a sure fit kit for a 69 Nova I know the body style is similar it may work. http://www.vintageair.com/cat2007/42.pdf

ProdigyCustoms
02-14-2008, 09:52 PM
You will need to use a Gen IV (which is better anyway) and hide the controls. We install and sell a lot of them and have many ideas on hiding controls

NovaMan
02-15-2008, 05:25 AM
Frank, that is the only way? can you explain the "hide the control"? I want a clean install with the new LS2 OR LS3. Oh and thanks fror the GP store quote on the Air tech System, I will order these in the next few weeks.

72BBNova
02-19-2008, 03:14 AM
I talked with the guy's at Hot Rod Air last summer at the street rod natl's in Louisville and they can adapt to your factory controls when you purchase one of there Elite systems. The guy I talked to was I think Wayne, one of there tech guy's. They can also adapt you factory vent's to work also. I'm going with these guy's when the time comes for me to do the AC in mine. Good guys to talk to and real nice looking systems. Here's a link to there factory control page. I think the price to have this done was $199.
http://www.hotrodair.com/index.cfm?ptype=product&product_id=100&category_id=29&home_id=2&mode=prod

NovaMan
02-19-2008, 03:33 AM
Thanks Jeff, I will give them a call this week to see what they can do for me with my factory ac controls. I will post my findings.

flgc

ProdigyCustoms
02-19-2008, 03:48 AM
I missed your question Novaman, Sorry. The Gen IV has a small 1" x 4 1/2" knob control panel that can easily be hidden undere the bottom edge of the dash, inside the console. I have done a couple hot Rod Air instals, was not real pleased with the power of those systems.