PDA

View Full Version : 67 F-body dash cluster wiring ???

67 455 Bird ragtop
01-27-2005, 03:29 AM
I was wondering if anyone has a little better knowledge than I do as to how the dash cluster on a 67 Firebird works from an electrical standpoint. If my analysis is correct there looks like one single 12v keyed power source, pionk wire, for all the turn signals and indicator lights. The other wires that connect to the dash for the various lights and indicators actually act as gounds for these lights.

So when I design my new dash I need to supply a separate 12v keyed source for each circuit. The wires for each light on my current harness would then act as the ground for those lights. Do I have this right???

Also, doesn't the stock fuse box on the 67 have two extra circuits you can connect to? One for battery and one for acc/keyed source. Couldn't you make a separate buss off of each of these connections for items that call for direct battery or a keyed 12v source??

Any feedback and/or suggestions would be appreciated so I don't fry anything once I finally connect a battery to my car. :hmm: