PDA

View Full Version : holy valves batman theres 32 of them

01-26-2005, 06:35 PM
last pic is a bbc head the first two are sbc's. ls woah i said to much already :hmm:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

BBC heads look at the outline of that port :eek: and two 2.02 intake valves

gen3bu
01-26-2005, 06:46 PM
i will take 1 set for an ls1 please.

i saw an add for 32 valve race heads a while back i think they are like $6500/set. pricy but they garauntee 100+ hp gains.

01-26-2005, 06:58 PM
oh cool you saw the add. hell i couldnt even see it till the 5th time. yeah there expensive hopefully we can get production numbers alot higher so we can lower the price by alot.

WS6
01-26-2005, 07:02 PM
how does it work with the conventional cam or is there a different cam that you have to use, one with 32 journals instead of 16?

01-26-2005, 07:12 PM
shortblock stays the same it has a special rocker system that will open both valves with one pushrod

ProdigyCustoms
01-26-2005, 08:00 PM
As far as cam, you run about 10 to 15 degree less duration, and lift only has to be 450 or so to have the same effect as 650. I have been all over them, but at $7000 for small chevy a bit steep. There are better heads in 2 valve, but these do have the wow factor. They are bolt ons and will go on a standard short block, just pony up the big bucks.
According to his flow sheets, they have incredible low and mid numbers, which equals torque and power in a street ride. I cannot find anyone that has flowed them that is unbiased.

ProdigyCustoms
01-26-2005, 08:02 PM
I am just re reading. Are these not Arao's? All my statements apply to Arao's, if these are different, I am out of line.

Crossupbill
01-26-2005, 09:01 PM
I want some, gimme gimme gimme!

01-26-2005, 10:17 PM
I am just re reading. Are these not Arao's? All my statements apply to Arao's, if these are different, I am out of line.

nope your good that was straight from his shop when we went down to see how our boat project was going

USAZR1
01-26-2005, 10:22 PM
I need a pair for my alum Donovan BBC block. :icon_razz

boodlefoof
01-27-2005, 06:34 AM
I've been interested in these Arao heads for years, but have never come across anyone who was actually running them. I'm guessing you've used these before? I'm guessing your impression of them is good?

ProdigyCustoms
01-27-2005, 06:48 AM
I have talked to some that have run them, and a head porter that has rebuilt a set. But all the information was a few years old and Russ will be the first to tell you he has improved the castings. I think they work ok, the question is are the better then a set of SB2s, little Chiefs, Big Chiefs, big dukes, Pro Filers, etc is the question. As far as the 100 horse increase, a good set of 2 valve heads for 1/3 the money will do that also.
Now, if you want to WOW them at the cruizin, or show, that is another story. 32 valves should get them talkin. I am not knockin the heads at all, I wanted a set myself, but even with a builder discount they were still well north of $6k, and for that much money I can get SB2s and a supercharger! And if that wouldn't wow them, nothing would.

01-27-2005, 06:24 PM
I have talked to some that have run them, and a head porter that has rebuilt a set. But all the information was a few years old and Russ will be the first to tell you he has improved the castings. I think they work ok, the question is are the better then a set of SB2s, little Chiefs, Big Chiefs, big dukes, Pro Filers, etc is the question. As far as the 100 horse increase, a good set of 2 valve heads for 1/3 the money will do that also.
Now, if you want to WOW them at the cruizin, or show, that is another story. 32 valves should get them talkin. I am not knockin the heads at all, I wanted a set myself, but even with a builder discount they were still well north of $6k, and for that much money I can get SB2s and a supercharger! And if that wouldn't wow them, nothing would.

i have yet to run a set myself but my pops should be getting a set for his car for the power tour. he'll be doing the long hauler part so we'll find out if it will be streetable and have nasty power. hopefully i can get a ls1 line started soon so i can try a set for mine. but bigger deals slows that stuff down :pat:

gen3bu
01-27-2005, 06:50 PM
can i get the second set of ls1 heads then?
i guess i can start saving 2 years ago, j/k.

01-27-2005, 07:05 PM
well so far theres only draw ups of the ls1 heads but nothing has been made yet. the project has been put on the back burner for now but hopefully we can get it started for 05