PDA

View Full Version : Is there a low bandwidth forum view?

David Pozzi
02-10-2008, 01:00 PM
I just got a cell phone with Internet feature. There used to be a "plain" forum view option that did not have all the graphics. This would be perfect for Phone, PDA, or dialup users. Is this available? Where?
David

David Pozzi
02-10-2008, 04:16 PM
Found it!
https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/archive/index.php/
You have to click "View Full Version" to post a reply, but you can read any posts quickly this way without graphics.
David

West Texas Z
02-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Thats pretty cool. Would be good for the Iphone.

David Pozzi
02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
The Iphone is so cool! The salesman showed me one but it's too big and heavy for my use. The screen would get scratched too easly. I got a Razr, I like that it's thin, but it's pretty tall and wide compared to what I had before. I do like the screen on it though.
David

TonyL
02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
If you have a windows mobile device that browses the internet via an internet explorer mobile, you've seen how much even fast services like edge suck. There's no flash, no google maps. nothing. Sucks right?

Download this little baby
http://www.skyfire.com/
It's INCREDIBLE. Broadband fast. watch movies. browse EXACTLY like you would with a regular browser as fast as you would with a regular browser

Look at this review here (http://www.brighthand.com/default.asp?newsID=13761)

It's free. It'll make your phone's internet impossibly fast.

TonyL
02-10-2008, 09:46 PM
The screen would get scratched too easly.

Actually, it's VERY hard to scratch an Iphone. I don't know what they coat the screen with. But it's hard as heck.

protour73
02-11-2008, 12:33 PM
I just got a cell phone with Internet feature. There used to be a "plain" forum view option that did not have all the graphics. This would be perfect for Phone, PDA, or dialup users. Is this available? Where?
David

Dave.....I knew you were a Car guy, but not a techie!!

David Pozzi
02-11-2008, 04:06 PM
Somewhat of one. My wife is sure tired of me "playing" with my new phone.

My phone uses "Opera" for a browser, it won't work with Skyfire, the OS is "proprietary". They have their own special browser for video but receiving video is extra cost over regular internet. It requires a special service package, plus 3G system support, which is not in my area yet. I did pass through a 3G area and tried the phone and it's WAY faster than near home, which has "Edge".

I'm at my limit of knowledge doing this stuff! :hmm:
David

TonyL
02-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Yep. You need a windows mobile one. AKA a "smartphone"

matty b
02-13-2008, 09:16 PM
I just recently got a Blackberry Curve with highspeed internet from ATT and downloaded Opera Mini for it. All I have to say is AWESOME!! Its exactly like surfing the net from a pc and almost as fast. I highly recommend this phone and its great when you are waiting for your signifigant other to try on clothes at the mall or layovers at the airport. Extra bonus is if you happen to have your laptop with you, you can use the USB cable to hook to the phone and use it as a high speed modem. All in all its an awesome phone with pretty much everything an Iphone can do for way less money (I got mine for $100).