PDA

View Full Version : Best regulator/filter setup for LS1 instal

VenturaII
01-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Whats the best regulator and filter setup for the LS1? I have a rock valley tank with a walbro pump in it. It's a 99 model motor with the single line connection. Should I go with a inlet/outlet rail like S&P sells with a vacuum style regulator?

protour_chevelle
01-26-2005, 08:59 PM
99 Corvette regulator and filter set-up. Easiest return line set-up too.

Part#10299146

and a pic.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2005/01/vette_ls1_filtreg_with_fittings-1.jpg

-Matt

zman1969
02-08-2005, 03:42 PM
per Racetronics "Its design does not promote stable regulation and its return port is too restrictive for a HP pump which translates to elevated FP above the regulator's set point at idle and part throttle."
dosent sound like agood design if you have a high output pump
i am going to use it though as i have gm standard pump

johnm
02-09-2005, 08:56 AM
I used a setup from Speed INc. (www.ls1speed.com), their race fuel system. It is pricy, but it comes with everything you need (although they did forget a few fittings), It has a bosch 420 pump and a big filter, I think it is made by Allstar performance. The regulator is bosch, I believe. Uses all AN fuel lines. It is running on mine now, really easy to install, and good for 900hp.

JOhn

Fuelie Fan
02-09-2005, 12:21 PM
My guess is that racetronics is trying to sell a product. I wish I had direct experience with that corvette regulator.
Keep in mind that returnless rails have dampers built in to absorb fluctuation
I know from first-hand testing that pressure setpoints do not vary much with return restriction until the return system pressure nears the setpoint. For example, on a 15 psi TBI setup, the setpoint remained basically at 15 psi (it actually drops just a little) until the restriction in the return line hit 14 psi. Beyond that, it was basically linear, with the outlet pressure being about 1.5 psi above the return backpressure. This was done using an in-line valve, and it had to be cranked down quite a ways to create that much restriction. Therefore, I highly doubt the claim that the stock regulator outlet is too restrictive, however I would be careful about your fuel rail setup and make sure it has damper or fluctuations could be a problem.