ProdigyCustoms
02-08-2008, 07:23 AM
I saw that car , Man I love that thing!

killer69
02-08-2008, 07:44 AM
thats a DEAL!!! too bad i'm only 245,045.78 short

Restomod
02-08-2008, 08:02 AM
Crazy !!! I bet it was not a comfortable cross country ride BUT it may have been a fast one! I think the $80K high bid was way short but with the economy right now hes gonna have a tough time.

got_hp?
02-08-2008, 11:47 AM
love that car.......looks like the perfect daily driver to me

va72mlibu
02-08-2008, 08:07 PM
The car is superbad, but I just don't like stuff protruding from the hood like that. Kills it for me.

I'm not kicking it out of bed though. :naughty:

michael6372
02-08-2008, 08:58 PM
I believe that car was built by Denny Terzich. I saw the car at the Columbus Goodguys show last year. It's a MONSTER!!! :hail:

southernfriedcj
02-08-2008, 09:52 PM
I searched Youtube for the vids but couldn't fine them. Anybody have a link? I love that car!,

ssx
02-09-2008, 12:14 AM
Terzich has built some of my all time favorite cars. The Red 62' Bubbletop Prostreet with the fuel injected 409, then the Orange and white 56' 210 with a 572, and now this Camaro, he tends to set the trend a few years ahead of time.

rocketman
02-09-2008, 01:21 AM
Didn't he build a orange 33 Ford Coupe that won the super nats in like 2000ish.

bigvegan
02-09-2008, 02:51 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

20x15 rear wheels for the street? Sweet merciful heavens!

It's listed here for $95k - http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1083535/67-Camaro-Tube-Fastest-Street-Car-in-America.html

It's listed here for $90k - http://www.dupontregistry.com/autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=445460

If ever a 1st gen Camaro were worth $90-95k, it would be this one.

Dyno pull vid here - http://videos.streetfire.net/video/46848f18-4267-4965-a899-9969001b69e4.htm

Found a vid of it in action - http://www.1320video.com/dw07monday.php - about 1/3rd of the way through. Holy cow.

http://www.1320video.com/dw07tuesday.php - in car vid about 13rd of the way through.

There may be more here - http://www.1320video.com/dragweek07.php

If I won Friday's lotto or I win Saturday's, I'm going to own that car before I have a garage to put it in.

southernfriedcj
02-09-2008, 07:05 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

20x15 rear wheels for the street? Sweet merciful heavens!

Thanks for the links! When I read the above quote I pictured Will Ferrell saying it.:lol:

1320video
02-09-2008, 10:37 AM
The coolest part is Denny and the drivers during Drag Week were all really cool people, usually with cars of this caliber it seems like they're owned by some stuck up douchbag :)

I think he was wanting just a tad over $100k

johnny rockett
02-09-2008, 12:03 PM
To me he missed the boat.......all that stuff sticking out of the hood is making it look ludricious. Build me a stock looking car that is fast and leave the trailer behind.

Any Pro stocker in the country could do that by just taking some cam out it to save some springs.

To me he proved nothing.

A Tube car like that does not prove a thing. I think the whole street car definition is way out of whack.

bigvegan
02-09-2008, 01:15 PM
Quick, somebody call the Waaaaahmbulance, we've got a bad reaction to some sour grapes. :moon:

Sure, maybe any Pro Stocker COULD do that. But they didn't, and that's why this was the fastest street car for 2007. Maybe 2008 will be different.

Me, I'd take a built to the hilt race car that can be driven on the street over a trailer queen with too much invested in paint and billet any day.

Young Gun
02-09-2008, 01:25 PM
I dont care what anybody says...1500hp driven cross country, thats impressive...I dont care what type of car it is...while I dont like the tube popping out or such a big cowl. It is for function so I dont feel the need to hate on it.

BMF Machine
02-09-2008, 01:50 PM
Datsbad!!!!!!

johnny rockett
02-09-2008, 02:07 PM
you said it "built to the hilt race car" Very good description of that car. Anybody thats wants to spend and waste that kind of money can do the same thing. HP is easy to get now days. They need to lay down some rules that meet some sensible criteria. Street cars dont need a trailer pulled behind them to repalce everything in case it breaks.

1320video
02-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Any Pro stocker in the country could do that by just taking some cam out it to save some springs.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahah

Restomod
02-09-2008, 07:00 PM
To me he missed the boat.......all that stuff sticking out of the hood is making it look ludricious. Build me a stock looking car that is fast and leave the trailer behind.

To me he proved nothing.

A Tube car like that does not prove a thing. I think the whole street car definition is way out of whack.

They ALL pulled trailers, looks like to me HE has the fastest boat. No Pro Stocker can do that its NOT street legal .....HA HA

moreHP
02-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Saw that at SEMA! Fantastic car!:cheers:

rocketman
02-10-2008, 10:36 AM
you said it "built to the hilt race car" Very good description of that car. Anybody thats wants to spend and waste that kind of money can do the same thing. HP is easy to get now days. They need to lay down some rules that meet some sensible criteria. Street cars dont need a trailer pulled behind them to repalce everything in case it breaks.

You sound alittle jealous. I had a 37 Ford Pro Street car based on the same idea. It's a pro street drag car geez. and you can't hide the blower tube under any hood, and to drive it on the road they took the blower belt off and ran it on the motor till they to the track. so it really wasn't 1500hp all the time.

They have rules it called Outlaw Pro Street. Open comp no rules thats fun thing. They have Pro street class that is back half only cars.

johnny rockett
02-10-2008, 09:19 PM
I could afford to do that but would not even consider it for a moment...Thats pure race car period. What point did he prove>? That he could spend a lot of money>? Not too many people would do that even if they could afford it.......

its for sale? Must not be much fun to drive everyday? Its for sale and when it does sell.......it will be for a big loss I am sure.........guess he should have built a 69 instead.

Come out with a flat hood and some Ac and run the number and I will respect that build.......but not this one. We all have the right to an opinion and calling that a street car is crazy at least in my book....

ill steez
02-11-2008, 08:34 AM
I could afford to do that but would not even consider it for a moment...Thats pure race car period. What point did he prove>? That he could spend a lot of money>? Not too many people would do that even if they could afford it.......

its for sale? Must not be much fun to drive everyday? Its for sale and when it does sell.......it will be for a big loss I am sure.........guess he should have built a 69 instead.

Come out with a flat hood and some Ac and run the number and I will respect that build.......but not this one. We all have the right to an opinion and calling that a street car is crazy at least in my book....

I think a lot of people here have probably seen full on pro street race cars, and are still impressed by the quality of that build. I don't understand why you can't respect it for that at least, because it truthfully IS a very very nice car.

But you are of course entitled to your own opinion.

MickMc
02-11-2008, 08:53 AM

You have got to be kidding, right!
You win, we all thought you were serious, jokes on us.

Mick

MickMc
02-11-2008, 09:27 AM
I could afford to do that ? but would not even consider it for a moment...Every one would consider it, thats why we dream and buy magazines and go to car shows and watch stuff on TV, if we didn't dream then the media business would be bankrupt. Thats pure race car period.Race YES pure NO What point did he prove Got the trophy YES and the media coverage and miles of smiles and more>? That he could spend a lot of money Every one spends alot of money>? Not too many Every one wants what he got, but few are willing to sacrifice what it takes to get IT people would do that even if they could afford it.......HE did it and got the trophy to prove it. The car was fast and drive-able

its for sale? Must not be much fun to drive everyday? I bet it's fun, 1500 hp is always fun, but now its time to move on to the next project, maybe he just wants a car with a clutch pedal. Its for sale and when it does sell.......it will be for a big loss I am sure Every one sells for a loss, trust me.........guess he should have built a 69 Every one is building or wants to build a 69, or a Camaro, stay with the herd see where that gets you instead.

Come out with a flat hood and some Ac AC is a must for a black car and run the number and I will respect that build respect for a build and just not likeing it are different.......but not this one. We all have the right to an opinion You do have a right to your opinion and no one will take that away from you or prevent you from expressing your opinion and calling that a street car is crazy crazy maybe, but miles plus a vin number and insurance equals street at least in my book....

Mick

NOPANTS-68
02-11-2008, 10:01 AM
I guess opinions make the world go 'round. Last time I checked a legit 1500 hp car, on DOT tires, with working lights and signals, and registration -that drives 900 miles and makes 15 sub 8 second passes without more than a flat tire is bad ass. You don't like the hood/ intake elbow- Ok- it runs 7s. 'nuff said.

got_hp?
02-11-2008, 02:45 PM

hahahahahhaha..........thanks for the laugh........you should call all the professional racers who compete in this class and grace them with this info, im sure they will be thankful for your vast experience on knowing how easy it is to accomplish what they do.

To me he proved nothing.

im sure he cries himself to sleep about this.

he competed and won FASTEST STREET CAR IN AMERICA......regardless of your opinion.........facts are facts, he followed the rules and competed against the best the category has to offer and won.

no one else did what this car did, as fast as it did it.........being number 1 is impressive.

Last time I checked a legit 1500 hp car, on DOT tires, with working lights and signals, and registration -that drives 900 miles and makes 15 sub 8 second passes without more than a flat tire is bad ass..

indeed!!!

rocketman
02-11-2008, 05:06 PM
I bet that car would get more looks than most our cars on here.

rellim51
02-11-2008, 05:17 PM
I doubt he will lose much money when he sells it. He bought it already done a couple of years ago. He had it in Columbus two years ago just after he bought it and the only thing they had changed was the wheels (20's). They changed blowers ( I think it had a roots blower before) an maybe some engine work but I think it is pretty much the same as when he bought it.