PDA

View Full Version : my paint?

kapittma
01-26-2005, 01:20 PM
I have a 67 butterneut yellow with vinyl top and i have been wanting to paint it, because it has a lot of faded spots. I was thinking about getting the same color but trying to make it a deeper shine and i was wondering if youguys thought putting a little pearl flake in the paint would be a good idea? Thanks for any comments

MuscleRodz
01-26-2005, 03:34 PM
I would try and rub out what you got to start with . I don't think pearls or metallics would go well with Butternut. They are also hard to repair if you ever to have to in the future. I kinda like Butternut when its fresh.

Mike

Happyfunballs
01-27-2005, 05:01 AM
I agree with MR. Butternut looks great by itself and if you can polish it, I'd do that. However, if you wanted to venture into the "custom" paint zone, there are quite a few things you can do with a pale yellow. I've added a yellow pearl and a green pearl (two seperate jobs)to a Lemon Yellow before and that looks really good. Yellow flake, chameleon flake.....etc. Just depends on your imagination and your checkbook. MR is right when he says that fixing it later will be difficult....say after a wreck or rock chip or something. If you intend to do custom paintwork, better find a good painter and be his buddy, cause it will be difficult to find a different painter to fix your ride after the custom stuff is done.