PDA

View Full Version : 4L80E boltup?

MoeBawlz
01-26-2005, 11:11 AM
Just want to make sure before i go out and find myself a 4L80E... Will it bolt right up to my small block 383? along with that if i were to go to an LS platform would it bolt directly up to that?

what im asking more or less is do the two motors share the same bolt pattern for the trans? Im pretty sure it does but id just like to be completely sure.

and how much space will i have in the tunnel? Myclone said before in another thread that the 80 was about the same size as a 400 so it will fit but i was just wondering if there was extra space around there...

myclone
01-26-2005, 08:03 PM
The bellhousing bolt pattern is the same as older trans's like the 700, 350, and 400. As for LS1s I believe the bolt pattern/nating surface is the same other than one bolt hole not being drilled in the block (someone correct me if Im wrong here).

As for how much room youll have to spare I dunno. The 80e is a big sucker but if one will fit in a 4wd s10 without floor pan mods Im guessing it should fit elsewhere without much if any floor mods. If the car you have now was offered originally from the manufacturer with a TH400 then you should be good to go.

HTH

MoeBawlz
01-27-2005, 07:39 AM
Well i haev an idea that will require a larger trans so im kinda curious as to how much room i might have. If i have to modify the floor im not to worried about that, i just dont know to what extent, and i probably wont til i get the trans and set it in.

how much clearance should you have between a floor and trans?