PDA

View Full Version : new kid

germanysfinest
02-04-2008, 08:30 AM
hi there, i know 18 is kinda young for P.T. but i have just realized that i CAN raise my personal expectations.
my dads been stationed in germany for the last 2-1/2 years, since we got here i started seeing porsches, ferraries, lambos, bentleys, maseraties, lotus', just the higher end in general and fell in love with the mountains that they can go through w/o a problem.

i just recently got turned onto P.T. but dont think that its right for my grad present, im getting a '79 nova in a couple months, for it i plan on droppin in a 350 based on popular hot roddings budget sledgehammer build, then just goin with the muscle car style for it, mabye get a little P.T. susp influence in there.

but i really want to get into building P.T. cars later on or possibly a as career.
i just want to know what most shop owners have to be backed my financially, how much it costs to get started, open a shop, school, etc.
or am i a little too ambitious, and just go into the army and start up slowly as a hobby?

dropit69
02-04-2008, 08:38 AM
hey welcome what part of germany?..my brother was in Heidlberg for 2 years and i got to visit there..awesome place..love that autoban..but damn fuel is gonna kill you over there if you run a pt style car isnt it?..

germanysfinest
02-04-2008, 09:23 AM
were in darmstadt, about 20 min from heidelberg, we go there all the time.
we dont own a PT car right yet, my old man just has a alpina tuned '86 BMW 325i(thats the mountain/hill car) and a '83 porsche 924(the bahn car, topped out at 260 kph) im fabbing an intake for the porsche right now