PDA

View Full Version : SBC 377 turbo suggestions

martinsubsea
01-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Hi gents, was looking for some suggestions/advise on a build Im doing. I am looking to build a SBC for a Jaguar XJS to run in top speed events.
I am presently building a 406 sbc in my cobra as "training" wheels for the Jaguar.
Here is the parts lying in my shop so far.
Eagle sbc 377 4340 steel crank, 3.48 stroke 400 mains
Eagle 6" H-beam 4340 rods.
Edelbrock Victor Junior 23 degree 200cc heads.
Edelbrock Victor electronic fuel injectors 550hp
Victor jnr inlet and 1000cfm throttle boby.
Crane roller valve gear.
ARP fastners.
The advice I need is on Piston selection and cam selection for my build.
Im planning to run twin GT35's at very mid boost to begin with and then increase over time through twin intercoolers.
The final goal is the South African speed record for a road car which is 235mph.
I am presently wieghinh up whether to run the 377 crank in a 400 block(weaker but bigger ) or cut the mains down for a 350 block and up the boost?
Hope to hear from you guys soon.
Any help will be appreciated.
thanks.
Martin

jasonsnova
01-31-2008, 01:10 PM
avoid the 400 block for boost.... they are weak. go 383 or 355 ot if you really want the cubes get a aftermarket block. how much hp you looking for....with turbos cubes are not the limiting factor.
go to turbomustangs.com (not just for stuff)

martinsubsea
01-31-2008, 02:49 PM
I am looking for a sportsmans block but very expensive in South Africa after importing and paying taxes etc.
Looking for a honest 500hp to start with and then creep the boost up until I get towards 800hp. I have figured i will need abit more than that for 240 mph but willl see when i get closer to the goal.
Want to over build the engine and not be disapointed by breaking it later when boost is increased.
Plan to run water injection too as a safety when high boost is run.
Also plan to install a complete second set of injectors to keep off boost running as smooth as possible with smaller injectors and enrich under boost with both sets.
Martin

Turbo Hen
01-31-2008, 05:39 PM
Im using a Dart Little M....

Its a 400"......3,75x4.125

Off the shelf JE - "Extreme Duty" nitrous/turbo pistons......JE said these will be just like they're custom turbo pistons....and if they didnt have anything in this line then they would make me some

Use SpeedPro HELLfire rings also if you can

-Carm