PDA

View Full Version : Classic Auto Air Mustang kit ?'s

Restomod
01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
Classis Auto Air wont answer my question,does anyone know how wide (front to back)the box is that goes under the dash in the 69 Mustang kit??
Anyone here a dealer for them????
Would I be better off to go with Vintage??
Thanks in advance!!!!

barno68
02-03-2008, 06:45 AM
That's funny that they won't tell you, last time I called them (been awhile) they were uber helpful.

Brent

KUL FIR CHICK N
02-04-2008, 04:57 AM
VA is releasing a '69-70 Gen 4 kit for non air cars this month and factory air cars next month. What do you need the depth for? Are you sinking the firewall? If so, you will probably need to go with a universal style kit since the brackets likely won't fit.

Restomod
02-04-2008, 04:55 PM
I smoothed the stock heater box bump out and now it has 3" less room.

KUL FIR CHICK N
02-04-2008, 07:25 PM
VA unit fits behind the firewall. It comes with a firewall plate which is flat and covers the stock heater hole. You can also use it with a smoothed firewall and use bulkhead plates.

I think the classic unit also fits behind the firewall but I don't think you can use it with a smoothed firewall. Its lines are built in to the case.

Restomod
02-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks ,I may have to go with a VA universal style kit then.

KUL FIR CHICK N
02-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Its not a universal, you can use the sure fit kit for your '69. If you want to use the smoothed firewall, you can use everything but the evaporator hard lines. You'll replace those with hoses and a bulkhead plate. Then, you can locate the bulkhead plate wherever it will fit. Its not as easy as installing a standard sure fit kit, but much easier than using a universal system. Think of it as a "customized" sure fit kit.

You can do the same with any Gen 4 kit. I'm out of the office tomorrow, but I'll try to post photos on Friday.

Ryan

Restomod
02-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Cool, Thanks!!!

Restomod
02-08-2008, 08:11 AM
I just checked out VA's site and the Supercooler space saver will fit by the sizes they show. Any thoughts on this one? Are you a dealer for VA??