PDA

View Full Version : 68 Camaro interior trim ideas??

tumper93
01-30-2008, 06:02 AM
I tryed this over at Team Camaro with NO help so maybe one of you guys can give me an idea. On my 68 I am in need of some pictures on what you guys have done with the trim that goes around the radio and heater controls and then the one in the console around the 4-speed shifter. Originally the car had the wood grain insert in both and both need to be replaced. I can go back original but since this is a pro touring car with Autometer Ultra Lite guages and Arizen seats factory just would look out of place. I have guages in the console so I have no desire to remove the heater controls and put them there. Just wondering what you guys have done or seen done to make these look a little more modern. I like the insert on the car of Reggie Jacksons and that would be easy to do, but that still leaves the dash piece that really should match. Give me your input please. I thought about getting some of the carbon fiber vinyl and putting that there but just don't know for sure. I looked over it last night and factory just isn't going to look right!!!

68sixspeed
01-30-2008, 06:46 AM
I replaced the radio piece from the woodgrain with the black one, I hate the fake wood too! One of these days I keep wanting to make a cnc'd aluminum center dash piece with the gages in it. On the console I did brushed aluminum pieces on the console.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vbpicgallery.php?do=big&p=646

tumper93
01-30-2008, 06:54 AM
That doesn't look too bad with the black. How did you do the brushed aluminum piece?

68sixspeed
01-30-2008, 01:55 PM
easier than it would seem-- thin brushed aluminum sheet stock that comes in 12x24 pieces from mcmaster-carr... I made a template in cardboard then made the aluminum a bit big and sanded/filed/trimmed to fit, then used contact cement to hold it on.

darth_flavor
02-02-2008, 12:40 AM
easier than it would seem-- thin brushed aluminum sheet stock that comes in 12x24 pieces from mcmaster-carr... I made a template in cardboard then made the aluminum a bit big and sanded/filed/trimmed to fit, then used contact cement to hold it on.

this is a great idea, or if i was in this predicament, i'd use billet aluminum or carbon fibre. futuristic and sold out?, yes, but yet it has a heavy metal roughness or extreme racing american style feeling still.