PDA

View Full Version : Trunk Lid Ideas

Little Bob
01-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Does anyone have ideas or pictures of the underside of thier trunk lids? I'm starting to do the detail work. But I don't to do it in the factory way. I'm looking for lighting, metal work, anything to make it differant.

paulk68
01-25-2005, 03:00 PM
Hey little bob sorry i do not have an answer to your question but i just saw that you are from manchester CT. I live in Tolland. Just thought that was pretty cool. I was wondering if you go to any local shows during the summer. and also if you have any recomondations for body work and stuff. well nice to see someone so close.
Paul

Tom Welch
01-25-2005, 05:38 PM
how about welding or riveting a plate of aluminum or stainless to the framework of the trunk to smooth it. It wont add much weight and will look cool I think. Sort of like upolstery coverings I have seen. Or maybe swisscheesing the framework like the old drag cars used to do. As long as it is neat and not too complicated it will look good.

MrQuick
01-25-2005, 11:50 PM
I don't have any pictures yet but im gonna make a rack out of diamond plate and al tubing to mount my matching dual semi auto shot guns , chrome plated LAW and picnic basket hooks...sweet
I think they did a car on overhaulin where it was padded and lined with vinyl...looked nice

ViperBlue68
01-26-2005, 12:13 AM
mine is carpeted to go with the contours and over the dynamat with a carbon fibre plate in the center with the shops name that did my interior :postpics: I'll try to post some pics tommorow...it looks nice and clean with the rest of the trunk interior

Little Bob
01-27-2005, 09:18 AM
Hey little bob sorry i do not have an answer to your question but i just saw that you are from manchester CT. I live in Tolland. Just thought that was pretty cool. I was wondering if you go to any local shows during the summer. and also if you have any recomondations for body work and stuff. well nice to see someone so close.
Paul

Paul,

Good to see someone else stuck in the snow. During the somertime I like to do some of the cruises. I like Marks Cruise Night. Where else can you see 900 or so cars every week. I go to the Vernon Cruise Night on Fridays, Frank Meratta is coming up next week. I also go to the Summer Nationals in Whorster Ma on the 4th of July weekend.

It's really stinks having to go to those shows in the family car. My car probally won't be done for 2 to 3 years yet. It's so expensive to build a car the wright way. Plus it's a Pontiac, so thats makes it even worse.

It would be cool to have a New England PT gathering at one of the events this summer. What do you think?

Rob

Little Bob
01-27-2005, 09:21 AM
mine is carpeted to go with the contours and over the dynamat with a carbon fibre plate in the center with the shops name that did my interior :postpics: I'll try to post some pics tommorow...it looks nice and clean with the rest of the trunk interior

ViperBlue68,

I like the carbon fiber idea. Can you send me some pictures?
[email protected]

Thanks

Rob

paulk68
01-27-2005, 09:32 AM
Yeah I hear you about the snow. I am so sick of winter. I am doing a 68 camaro that will also be 2-3 years. I have a junky pickup truck that i have to go to the shows in. but they do give me great insperation. Marks is a grat show. I was upset i did not get to vernon at all this year cuz i work at stafford motor speedway and friday night is race night. I am in for a group gathering at an upcoming show for us new englanders.
Paul

Piet
01-27-2005, 10:34 AM
Trunk Lid? Why not do a "hoodliner" but in the trunk...
Have it painted... I like it

From one of the corvette forums I am on...
Hoodliners by Paula
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

http://community.webshots.com/user/paulasartwork
CORVETTE HOOD LINERS By Paula..... Please email: [email protected]
Paula Hambrick (972) 771-6022(Dallas, Tx)

Jagarang
01-27-2005, 11:29 AM
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

RobM
01-27-2005, 04:53 PM
im from simsbury ct we should have a new england PT get together!

Piet
01-27-2005, 05:08 PM
im from simsbury ct we should have a new england PT get together!

Sure... are you willing to Drive to Edmonton? :icon_razz

indyjps
01-27-2005, 05:50 PM
TV'S MAN. havent you seen pimp my ride. ive seen several nice upholstered deck lids, two were owner made. sheet of aluminum, different foams and carefully stretched fabrics, with contrasting inserts. matched up with custom interior well, same design carried into trunk. even seen them dzus tabbed in. is the rest of the trunk going to be upholstered.
i'll probably just rhino line mine and paint it.

Little Bob
01-29-2005, 07:16 PM
I would like to thank everyone for ideas. I would also be in for a New England gathering. Maybe every can get to gether at the next Eastern States Nationals or the Summer Nationals. We should try to put something together when it gets warm.

I think I'm going to just paint the underside of the trunk and maybe wire in some sort of lighting for truck area.

:cheers: