PDA

View Full Version : How to remove front windshield off a 69 camaro???

Project69
01-27-2008, 06:36 PM
Looking for the best way to get that thing out. Ive seen how hollywood does it (kick it from the inside) and i dont want to do that lol

Any help would be great.

ProdigyCustoms
01-27-2008, 06:44 PM
We use Mig welding wire, piano wire, etc. There is actually a specific windsheild "ribbed" wire that helps saw through the buytl, but these other wires I mention work fine. So, wrap one end of a 30" piece of wire around a screw driver, vice grip, anything you can make a handle out of. Stick the other end of the wire through the buytl in the center of the windsheild, and wrap that end around another handle. Then pull the 2 ends toward you in a sawing motion tryig to make the wire run under the butyl away from the glass so as not to chip the glass. And just run all the way around the glass.

Be sure to have a freind stand behind you with a hand on your back for when the wire breaks, LOL!. I have taken a couple sensational tumbles when I have all my stretgh into and the wire breaks!

danbob67
01-28-2008, 08:59 AM
I use the piano wire as metioned held with visegrips on each end or just long razor knife like most glass guys use. the guy that comes by our shop would cut em out for like 40 bucks most older cars that are still on butyl will come out easy. My back glass was barely even still holding on when I took it out.

Project69
01-28-2008, 07:36 PM
thanks guys