PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Injection

turboregal
01-24-2008, 06:44 PM
Anyone have experience with alcohol injection on turbo motors? I have a non-innercooled GN just wondering if the injection is as great as I have read it is. From what I have read it is the ticket for a turbo a hot air motor more than innercooled, any suggestions or comments would be great. Anyone using it on a non innercooled motor? How did you plumb it in?

willieboy240
01-25-2008, 09:11 AM
back in the 90"s I ran it on 2 of my 86 and 87 GN's. it works.if i remember correctly you only can turn the boost up 2 to 3 lbs more. I think I was at 21 or 22 lbs on pumps gas and injection. I bought the kit from a guy in florida name Jay Carter. he's big in the GN game. he use to be on the turbo regal site but the last time i looked the site wasnt working. they and alot of info on there.

nicks67camaro
01-25-2008, 09:35 AM
Take a look at http://www.snowperformance.net/ They use a water/meth injection that cools the combustion and adds a supplemental fuel source.

Adam's 55 Chevy
01-26-2008, 05:34 PM
IMO a better kit http://www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com/

thedugan
01-26-2008, 06:19 PM
I am using this system from Devils Own.
Simple setup, runs off the MAP sensor.
The low fluid level is a good addition.
http://www.alcohol-injection.com/

turboregal
01-27-2008, 03:33 PM
Okay I bought a devils own system but I am confused as to where to put the injector, everything I have read says not to put it before the turbo. Mine is a 85, non intercooled so there is nowhere after the turbo except a factry capped off pipe thread fitting, I know it sees vacuum and boost my aftermarket gauge reads from there. Would that be a safe place to put it it is high up on the intake manifold chamber, or do I just put it between the MAF and the throttle body, it will then go through the turbo.

Adam's 55 Chevy
01-28-2008, 05:13 AM
Putting before the turbo can in some cases damage it. The meth evaporates almost immidiately and the water takes longer generally happening in the combustion chamber. Put the inj about 6" before the carb. The meth will cool the charge as it enter's the carb and the water will do so to some degree but more act as a detonation buffer in the head and help to cool the exhaust valve.

I like the low fluid level idea as well.

turboregal
02-02-2008, 07:42 PM
After a lot of debate and plenty of suggestions found a guy on a turbo regal website with alcohol injection on a 85. I thought the boss that the turbo sat on was part on the intake, it comes out and I drilled and tapped it allow the alcohol to inject after the turbo but before the intake giving it time to mix with the fuel while cooling the charge.

turboregal
02-06-2008, 04:17 PM
So I took advantage of the warmer the usual weather over the weekend and took the car out on the road, WOW the latest power updates made a huge improvement. Along with the alcohol injection I added a new chip with more boost and timing, had the throttle body bored and smoothed, 42# injectors, electric fans, underdrive pulleys and 3 inch downpipe. I might actually be afraid of my own car now.

pdq67
03-23-2008, 05:55 PM
I gotta ask????????

What about installing a propane jet instead before the turbo?

pdq67

fast Ed
03-24-2008, 05:12 AM
Not a turbo, but on my 3.8 T-Bird SC with an upgraded Eaton M90 blower running 19 psi in place of the original M90 at 13, the Snow kit let us put in another 8 degrees of timing on a safe tune. Made 34 rwhp difference!!

cheers
Ed N.

hotrodf1
04-29-2008, 09:15 AM
So I took advantage of the warmer the usual weather over the weekend and took the car out on the road, WOW the latest power updates made a huge improvement. Along with the alcohol injection I added a new chip with more boost and timing, had the throttle body bored and smoothed, 42# injectors, electric fans, underdrive pulleys and 3 inch downpipe. I might actually be afraid of my own car now.

Nice pic! car looks great. I have the DEvils Own system and love it as well.

What kind of mileage COULD you get if you stayed out of it do you think?

That would make a great "daily" driver if you could get some mileage out of it.

DeltaT
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM
Lots of discussion on this over at turbobuick.com

Jim