PDA

View Full Version : Another Air suspension question

deuce_454
01-23-2008, 06:32 AM
I have a 79 malibu those of you on lateral g have seen the progress thread, and is aware of my sceptisicm towards air suspension (especially the fact that air bags are progressive by nature and shocks are linear makes my inner engineer squirm at the thought os installing it) But having ridden a 2007 audi with air suspension have really gotten me wondering about if it wasnt somthing worth trying..

my bu was built for cornering... specs are as follows:
boxed frame, solid body mounts.
tall ATS spindles, global west "negative roll" front UCA & LCA with del-alum bushings, 1-5/8 hollow Hotchkiss swaybar
Curectrac rear upper and lower controll arms, 1 inch solid rear sway bar, SC&C watts link (still to be delivered).. 12:1 steering box.. the springs are as of now global west "negative roll", and the shocks are bilstein... (brakes are C5 + hydraboost btw... not that it matters for handling but i have to run low sidewall tires at the minimum rim i can run is 17 inches) wheels will be 18 inches... (yes frank ill call soon :-) )

how would my handling be affected by installing an air ride setup.. shock waves fromt and bags in the rear?? better, worse?? both comfort and roadholding wise... and why is it a good/bad idea.... real arguments please!! also what kind of controll system is required??