PDA

View Full Version : Hi all, new 'stang member

fvike
01-24-2005, 02:55 PM
Hi, I'm 23, name is Frode. I'm in Scandinavia, or Norway to be more precise. My car is a 1969 Ford Mustang Fastback (Mach 1 clone). I've been lurking a bit, and I've seen some fellow stangnet folks joining here, so I thought what the heck.

Anyway, onto the car.
Engine: It has a 351 Windsor that has been modified with Edelbrock Preformer RPM heads, Preformer manifold, E'brock 750 carburator. Not sure about the cam, think it's an Preformer RPM cam. I got the car pretty much as it is in june this summer, so I haven't opened up the engine yet. Don't want to mess it up hehe.
Exhaust: Flowmaster 40s and headers.
Driveline: It has it's original FMX, with an shiftkit has been added, along with an external oil cooler. The car originaly came with 2.75:1 rear gears, and that means it would have to be an Ford 9". But it now has an open 8". Don't know what the gear ratio is, but it's low. Getting rid of that is on my to-do list.
Wheels: Boyd Coddington Gotcha series Rallye II. They are 17x8 and is rolling on 245/45-17 Michelin Pilot Sports.
Future: I've already ordered an rack & pinion. I'll probably get that in mid-february. I'm planning to get the full GW stage 5 setup (Coilover, disc brakes all around, subframe connectors etc). Hope to get that in place before May 1st. That's when I'll bring the car out from winter storage.
I'm also planning on swapping the manifold and carb with the RPM Air-gap/650 Speed demon combo. But that won't be this spring.
Oh yeah, as I wrote, an Ford 9" with 3.50:1ish and a locker of some sort. Maybe one of those Truetracks. It's an exciting concept.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the forum and looking at all the other projects. Lot's of cool stuff here.

That's about it for now. :3gears:

Restomod
01-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Welcome !! Super nice FB, that Dark Cherry color looks CLEAN! Great to see more Mustangs showing up....I need to get to work on mine ;)

TonyL
01-24-2005, 04:49 PM
sweet! more stangs!

skeevay
01-24-2005, 07:25 PM
69 and 70 Fastbacks have always been a favorite of mine. Even though I am a "Chevy guy", I hope to own one myself some day. Beautiful car you've got there!

Skip

Ralph LoGrasso
01-24-2005, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the site. Beautiful color, beautiful car!!

phonedude_mln
01-24-2005, 07:40 PM
beautiful color, beautiful car.

Jagarang
01-25-2005, 04:06 AM
SWeeeet color....that thing looks cherry(as in perfect)! Mustangs a great looking cars! I'd like a 67 Fastback, cliche I know, but I like them alot! I'm wrestling with my finances now and trying to afford 2 2005 Mustangs (one for the wife and one me)! Hmmm...unless I find a 67 for the same price as a 2005?

DarkBuddha
01-25-2005, 11:25 AM
Welcome! I know we're aquainted from other forums, but welcome to this one. Nice to have another Mach owner on the board too...

fvike
01-25-2005, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the nice words. The color will change to purple in bright sunlight.