PDA

View Full Version : New carbon fiber parts from ANVil

hotwheels
01-18-2008, 08:52 AM
http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/anvil_auto/1_17_08newCOWLanvil.jpg (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/anvil_auto/1_17_08newCOWLanvil.jpg)
(http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/anvil_auto/1_17_08newCOWLanvil.jpg)

We now have our 1st gen Camaro "Bare" cowl induction hoods available for sale as well as our vent delete cowl panels.
"Bare" hoods weigh only 17lbs. and are $1499
Vent delete cowl panels weigh a scant 1.5 lbs. and are $249 each
You can order them now before they are up on our web site by calling our toll free number 888 723-8882

Best, MaTT
ANVil
www.anvilauto.com (http://www.anvilauto.com)

:jump: (http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/anvil_auto/1_17_08newCOWLanvil.jpg)

protour73
01-18-2008, 09:34 AM
Matt..................dieing for 2nd Gen CF parts!!

John McIntire
01-18-2008, 11:54 AM
geez those are beautiful!! Don't forget about us A-body folk!

Larry Callahan
01-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Sweet!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.VENGEANCE
01-18-2008, 12:24 PM
now theres no excuse!.. gotta get em..

hey whats up on the rear decklids?

paulk68
01-18-2008, 12:41 PM
what about a cowl piece without the holes for the wiper arms. i know it might be illegal but i know some guys do not want to run the wiper arms.

Cruiser
01-18-2008, 12:42 PM
The solid one with no cowl vent indents is cool as hell Matt!! I love it, your going to make me spend money!!

Joe

hotwheels
01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Thanks, guys!
Second gen parts are in the works starting with our custom 1 pc. deck hugging rear spoiler followed by deck lid, filler panel, hood and front nose pc. The 1st gen deck lid is close.The development process on this stuff takes some time to get it right, so I really appreciate everyone's patience. We will be introducing a lot of stuff in '08 including interior stuff and we now have available thin, self stick carbon fiber sheet that can be cut to shape to fit dases etc.

MaTT
ANVil

eville
01-18-2008, 01:36 PM
how soon before we see those fender supports. I hate my chrome ones.

Damn True
01-18-2008, 01:40 PM
Any chance of a 1st Gen base flat (no cowl) hood, and a bare (no spoiler) decklid?

Project69
01-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Any chance of discount for buying hood/cowl/deck lid/spoiler for 1st gen???

scotzilla
01-18-2008, 11:31 PM
do you guys make a rear spoiler?

hotwheels
01-19-2008, 11:05 AM
We should have our '69 rear spoilers ready to sell next week with '67/'68 and 1 pc. second gen ready, I hope in a couple months. The first gen deck lid is close to production and we will only sell that as a separate piece, not with the spoiler attached, so it won't have the spoiler mounting holes in it if you don't want to run a spoiler.
The prototype cf and heim joint fender braces work well on the second gen, but are a bit shy on hood clearance for first gen, so I am experimenting with a smaller heim joint. I would like to go with the same set up for both and just make the first gen braces longer. I aim to have that sorted out in a few weeks.
I will give a 10% discount on an entire order of 3 or more parts at a time for anyone on this or other forums we advertise on. So, if you want 3 or more of our products, call us on our toll free number,
888 723-8882 so we can manually input your credit card info and give you the discount. This offer is not available on our web site.
Thank you for your support!

MaTT
ANVil

paulk68
01-19-2008, 12:55 PM
sorry i am getting a little confused with all the people offering up carbon fiber pieces. could you make a list of what you offer and also what you will be offering in the future in a list form, this is what i know of already:

67-69 cowl hood
67-68 header panel
67-68 vent panel

thanks
paul

TonyHuntimer
01-19-2008, 02:59 PM
Matt,

That's some great looking stuff!

Tony Huntimer

Mr. B
01-20-2008, 08:56 AM
Can someone please explain to me the specifics of cowl vents and vent deletes? What is their function, and what enables people to delete them?

powerjames
01-20-2008, 10:21 AM
That stuff looks awesome. What kind of prep is required?

Cruiser
01-20-2008, 04:32 PM
Can someone please explain to me the specifics of cowl vents and vent deletes? What is their function, and what enables people to delete them?

It draws air to the vent system in that goes into the car, in a 67, 68 and 69 with kick panel vents this is where the air flow comes from, the cowl panel vents. An A/C car has kick panel vents that are covered. The air also flushes water and debris out to a certain extent. With the deletes you will still draw air from in rear of it and the windshield area since it's not closed off or sealed in this area. I suppose you could seal this new piece with a foam type seal or weatherstrip from the core support area of an A/C car to keep air and water out.

The big plus to the delete to me is it covers and area that needs covering anyway really smooths the line from the hood to windshield giving a very cool old Camaro a modern look. Most people will never notice it if it painted body color IMHO. :cool:

Joe

Young Gun
01-20-2008, 08:08 PM
i think yall need to put some 3rd gen nova pieces in the works...oh yahhh

hotwheels
01-21-2008, 07:18 AM
sorry i am getting a little confused with all the people offering up carbon fiber pieces. could you make a list of what you offer and also what you will be offering in the future in a list form, this is what i know of already:

67-69 cowl hood
67-68 header panel
67-68 vent panel

thanks
paul

Sure, Paul

AVAILABLE NOW
-67-69 cowl induction hood in 3 different configurations
-67-68 header panel
-69 header panel
-67-69 cowl panel in 4 different configurations (the 2 different vent delete panels not yet on our site)
-.008" thick peel and stick real carbon fiber sheet we are selling for 35 cents a square inch or $99 for a full 9.85" X 39.4" (250mm X 1000MM) sheet (not yet on our site)
-.75" OD X .67ID X 39.4" long real cabon fiber tubes for $40 each (not yet on our site)
AVAILABLE SOON
-69 Camaro rear spoilers for $395 (available later this week)
-1st Gen & 2nd Gen Camaro CF & spherical rod end fender braces
-67-69 Camaro deck lids (available in a month or 2)
-67-68 Camaro rear spoilers (available in 2-3 months)
-2nd Gen Camaro 1 pc. rear spoilers (available in 2-3 months)
-Many more 1st and 2nd Gen exterior and interior Camaro parts available in the next 6 months, then on to other cars.
STAY TUNED! www.anvilauto.com (http://www.anvilauto.com)

MaTT
ANVil

hotwheels
01-21-2008, 07:34 AM
It draws air to the vent system in that goes into the car, in a 67, 68 and 69 with kick panel vents this is where the air flow comes from, the cowl panel vents. An A/C car has kick panel vents that are covered. The air also flushes water and debris out to a certain extent. With the deletes you will still draw air from in rear of it and the windshield area since it's not closed off or sealed in this area. I suppose you could seal this new piece with a foam type seal or weatherstrip from the core support area of an A/C car to keep air and water out.

The big plus to the delete to me is it covers and area that needs covering anyway really smooths the line from the hood to windshield giving a very cool old Camaro a modern look. Most people will never notice it if it painted body color IMHO. :cool:

Joe

That's right, Joe. Even a lot of new cars have vents at the base of the windshield because air builds up in that area at speed and is pushed into the vents which lead into the car for ventilation. This way you can get fresh air into the car with the windows shut 9like when it's cold or rainy). If you are building a race car or show car, you might not be concerned about this as you will most likely have the windows down when you drive the car. With the windows shut the pressure built up inside the car from these vents is releases through the door jamb vents.

MaTT
ANVil

hotwheels
01-21-2008, 07:39 AM
That stuff looks awesome. What kind of prep is required?

All of the parts we have right now are bolt on and have a UV clear coat so they can be left with the carbon fiber look or can be lightly scuff sanded and painted as you would a fiberglass part.

MaTT
AVNil

hotwheels
01-21-2008, 07:42 AM
Matt,

That's some great looking stuff!

Tony Huntimer

Tony,

I got your book for Christmas and have spent more time with it than any other gift I recieved. Thanks for the compliment and thanks even more for writing your book. It really helps to define the Pro-touring movement and hopefully will inspire it's growth!

MaTT
ANVil

paulk68
01-21-2008, 10:26 AM
Thank you very much Matt that makes for a nice print out for me and hopefully others. Looking forward to placing an order with you.

deuce_454
01-22-2008, 03:51 PM
wow... it wouls seem to me that a set of CF front fenders (perhaps some that actually fit) was a sure seller...

ho428
01-23-2008, 07:26 AM
No First Gen Firebird stuff?

OHCbird
01-23-2008, 04:40 PM
Ditto on the Firebird stuff. I'd buy a 400 hood if it was available.

TonyHuntimer
01-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Tony,

I got your book for Christmas and have spent more time with it than any other gift I recieved. Thanks for the compliment and thanks even more for writing your book. It really helps to define the Pro-touring movement and hopefully will inspire it's growth!

MaTT
ANVil

Thanks Matt! It's nice to know somebody likes the book. If you had these great products when I wrote the book I would have written about them. Keep up the good work.

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

LONE*STAR
01-24-2008, 11:20 AM
My wallet hopes no 1st gen FB parts come out.......I've checked the Anvil website once every few weeks for any sign.

Soon, Please:hail:

hotwheels
01-24-2008, 02:05 PM
OK, F-bird guys, I got the message, lol.

:grouphug:
What would be your preference on a hood, 400, standard, T/A? How about a custom designed hood that you can't get in steel of fiberglass? Do you need more hood clearance than stock, air scoops, air extractors? Let me know, I would like to get your input!
Thanks!

MaTT
ANVil

TonyHuntimer
01-26-2008, 10:44 AM
OK, F-bird guys, I got the message, lol.

:grouphug:
What would be your preference on a hood, 400, standard, T/A? How about a custom designed hood that you can't get in steel of fiberglass? Do you need more hood clearance than stock, air scoops, air extractors? Let me know, I would like to get your input!
Thanks!

MaTT
ANVil

Okay Matt,

You finally tell the Firebird guys to give some input and now all we hear is crickets chirping. :poke:

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

Tom Welch
01-26-2008, 09:03 PM
400 hood and T/A hood, if 1 is all you can swing right now I suggest a T/A hood that is functional. Oh, and a front valence pan, cowl panel, front and rear bumpers, and on and on and.........

Roadrage David
01-27-2008, 06:58 AM
Ditto on the Firebird stuff. I'd buy a 400 hood if it was available. DAMM right!! a frond bumper to........ps a WORKING RAM AIR 400 HOOD like the origenal so that we can use the ram air system

69injun
01-27-2008, 08:33 AM
I emailed Matt last week before I saw the firebird come up in the post. I also said a 400 hood with working RA openings. Also maybe a CF shell for my hood Tach. The trunk lid and rear deck lid spoiler will work already. But maybe a T/A rear spoiler too. For those who may not know you can get a CF valley pan and Valve covers from BOP Engineering for the Pontiac engines. Awsome products Matt!!:worship:

hotwheels
01-27-2008, 05:55 PM
Now we're gettin' some action!
Hey Roadrage, looks like a real nice 'Bird you're buildin'!
Got more pics?
I restored a real '69 T/A a decade a nd a half ago, so I'm sort of partial to the T/A hood myself. Plus, it seems like a more funtional system for a true ram air effect since the scoops are larger and positioned at the front of the hood. The scoops on the 400 hood are too far back on the hood to really grab the air going over the hood. Still a nice looking hood though! As far as making the T/A hood functional, it will need the tunnels, but maybe there is a way of incorporating them into the bottom skin (I have to think of cost). I think either of those hoods would look killer in cf, but at this point, I can only make one. If there seems like a big enough market, I will make another style, but what about something totally different, but still Pontiac? Like, a first gen F-bird hood with early second gen Formula scoops? Sort of a hybrid. How many guys want more hood clearance? When we make a Firebird hood we will need to make the cowl panel. Should we go vent delete (smooth)?
Now's the time to speak up Pontiac torch bearers!

MaTT
ANVil

hotwheels
01-27-2008, 05:57 PM
I emailed Matt last week before I saw the firebird come up in the post. I also said a 400 hood with working RA openings. Also maybe a CF shell for my hood Tach. The trunk lid and rear deck lid spoiler will work already. But maybe a T/A rear spoiler too. For those who may not know you can get a CF valley pan and Valve covers from BOP Engineering for the Pontiac engines. Awsome products Matt!!:worship:

The hood tach is interesting, hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Anybody else interested?
MaTT
ANVil

Widetracker
01-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Another plug for the functional TA style hood. Inner fenders would be nice too! Losing weight off the front end would be great.

Roadrage David
01-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Now we're gettin' some action!
Hey Roadrage, looks like a real nice 'Bird you're buildin'!
Got more pics?
I restored a real '69 T/A a decade a nd a half ago, so I'm sort of partial to the T/A hood myself. Plus, it seems like a more funtional system for a true ram air effect since the scoops are larger and positioned at the front of the hood. The scoops on the 400 hood are too far back on the hood to really grab the air going over the hood. Still a nice looking hood though! As far as making the T/A hood functional, it will need the tunnels, but maybe there is a way of incorporating them into the bottom skin (I have to think of cost). I think either of those hoods would look killer in cf, but at this point, I can only make one. If there seems like a big enough market, I will make another style, but what about something totally different, but still Pontiac? Like, a first gen F-bird hood with early second gen Formula scoops? Sort of a hybrid. How many guys want more hood clearance? When we make a Firebird hood we will need to make the cowl panel. Should we go vent delete (smooth)?
Now's the time to speak up Pontiac torch bearers!

MaTT
ANVil Matt personaly i prefeur the 400 hood. the scoops are not a problem at all the engine will SUCKS the colder outside air in annyway , and when driving around with high speed there is plenty air coming in!!!! lots of guys think and actualy say the same what you say , but it works!!!!!!.. if you whant to make another stile hood with more clearens as another option that looks diferend and new, then take a look at drew helm s killer custom hood . he used a standerd 68 hood and aded a 427 corvette stingray scoop on it . itb looks like a piece that the factory should have made .. it wil fit 67 to 69. with this hood they can use the performer rpm and the victoor manifolds, and are not limited to the Torker II . so real high end out put is posible.il stick to the 600 NA hp TorkerII tho lol, but a CF copy as a race spear would not heurd my garage..........

ho428
01-28-2008, 06:57 AM
I vote for the 400 hood if you're only gonna do one. I think the T/A hood has a more limited market.
I've opened up my 400 hood scoops as well but I'll have to make the pans to make it work with the dual quads though.

I'd like a hood for the race car as well. If you make a blem or two I'd be interested in one of those for it since I'd paint it anyway.

hotwheels
01-28-2008, 08:43 AM
Another plug for the functional TA style hood. Inner fenders would be nice too! Losing weight off the front end would be great.

Anyone know off hand if '69 Camaros and Firebirds share the same inner fenders? I've worked on both, but never at the same time to compare them. I know they ar at least very similar.

MaTT
ANVil

ho428
01-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Anyone know off hand if '69 Camaros and Firebirds share the same inner fenders? I've worked on both, but never at the same time to compare them. I know they ar at least very similar.

MaTT
ANVil

Not sure about 69 but from what I understand First Gens are close but not exact due to the bumper mounts.
My goodmark supplier said the Camaros are much cheaper so he sells those to most FGF owners. He said you actually snip a little off them to put them on FGF.
If that is true make the Camaro's with the info of how to adapt them.

Young Gun
01-29-2008, 09:20 PM
please let me know as soon as soon as the 68 spoiler is ready... I would love to buy one for the patriot dream camaro as my contribution to the project! Shoot me a pm regarding pricing if you get a chance!

formula98
01-30-2008, 09:28 AM
Any Plans for 67-68 Camaro Bumpers (rear)? Your products look great! I also intrested in an L88 style hood for 67 - 68 Camaro. I saw one on ebay a while back around the same price you advertise on your site.

Keep em coming!

hotwheels
01-30-2008, 10:23 PM
Any Plans for 67-68 Camaro Bumpers (rear)? Your products look great! I also intrested in an L88 style hood for 67 - 68 Camaro. I saw one on ebay a while back around the same price you advertise on your site.

Keep em coming!

Thanks for the compliment! Since someone else is making an L88 hood, I don't feel it's necessary for us to compete. We are on to other things, which brings me to your other question. I've had other requests for bumpers. I'm assuming you want them to lose some weight. Would you paint them or want the carbon fiber look? To make them strong to still act like bumpers, would be somewhat costly. How much would you be willing to pay for a rear bumper?

MaTT
ANVil

formula98
01-31-2008, 11:56 AM
You make a good point! I'm not really concerned with the weight it would be more of a look thing. A fiber glass bumper with a Carbon fiber layer might be of interest. I hear the material is getting real hard to come by and real expensive. Others may have different ideas.

I was hoping you guys made the L88 hood (bumer!). Really nice work Matt.

BlindSideCustoms
01-31-2008, 11:21 PM
if you made some interior pieces for a bel air that would be sweet as hell man. i just cant see it on the outside of a tri 5 due to the abundance of chrome. although i would buy a hood and trunk from you guys if you made them just to say i had it and a excuse to black everything out.

hotwheels
02-01-2008, 09:12 AM
if you made some interior pieces for a bel air that would be sweet as hell man. i just cant see it on the outside of a tri 5 due to the abundance of chrome. although i would buy a hood and trunk from you guys if you made them just to say i had it and a excuse to black everything out.

We are working on some Camaro interior parts, some of which could fit some Novas. I've always wanted a tri-5 Chevy ever since high school, so, yeah, I would love to do some parts for those cars. Know anybody who has one in Los Angeles who would offer their's up to fit parts to? Another alternative is having someone like yourself who could give me parts that have been made to fit and are smoothed out that I can use as patterns to mold from. I'm making a deal with some other people, where if they give me a part, I will give them the first set of carbon fiber parts off the molds for free for doing some of the legwork. I have to be absolutely assured that the patterns are up to snuff.

MaTT
ANVil

Cruiser
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
We are working on some Camaro interior parts

Belive me Matt has something very sweet up his sleeve!! And no it's not just first gen.......he is hooking up all you second gen guys also!! I wish I knew when he would have them........I said to much all ready. Hang in there guys, it's going to be worth the wait :secret:

The Parts :git:

67bird
02-04-2008, 09:30 AM
As far as Firebird parts, what about a "400" style hood with more clearance. Enough for say an ALL-pontiac tiger intake and a dominator? Or a 69" TA style with more hood clearance? Or if you thinking hybrid what about combining first gen firebird with four gen ram-air scoops?

olds87
02-04-2008, 11:11 AM
Have you ever thought of doing a G-body (cutlass supreme, monte carlo, regal) carbon fiber parts?

z4me69
02-04-2008, 10:26 PM
any pics of the 69 spoiler

hotwheels
02-05-2008, 08:45 AM
any pics of the 69 spoiler

The '69 spoiler is now up on our web site: www.anvilauto.com (http://www.anvilauto.com)
as well as our fender braces and cf tubing and sheet and our new cowl hood that weighs ony 17 lbs.
Within the next 2-3 months, we plan on releasing our first gen Camaro interior parts as well as second gen parts.

hotwheels
02-05-2008, 08:55 AM
Have you ever thought of doing a G-body (cutlass supreme, monte carlo, regal) carbon fiber parts?

I am concentrating on the largest markets first, but if enough people (10 or more) say they want a particular part and put their money where their mouths are (ie deposits), then I will gladly make it. It's not that I don't like a particular car or another, it's strictly a business decision. Believe me, if I had the time and money, which I hope I will someday, I would like to make a hood for just about any car out there.

MaTT
ANVil

eville
02-05-2008, 09:03 AM
woohoo ordered my fender braces!
I can't wait for the 68 rear spoiler!

olds87
02-05-2008, 10:26 AM
I am concentrating on the largest markets first, but if enough people (10 or more) say they want a particular part and put their money where their mouths are (ie deposits), then I will gladly make it. It's not that I don't like a particular car or another, it's strictly a business decision. Believe me, if I had the time and money, which I hope I will someday, I would like to make a hood for just about any car out there.

MaTT
ANVil

Thank you, I understand.

DaveO
02-17-2008, 09:57 PM
Hey Matt! I just received my hood, cowl, and spoiler and we have a little problem. There's no way I can paint these - THEY LOOK TOO GOOD! Seriously, thanks very much for making such high quality parts and for the great customer service. I tried to take pics but they just don't do the parts justice. Can't wait to see what else you're bringing to market - my credit card is going to melt.

Steve1968LS2
02-17-2008, 11:08 PM
Yea Matt.. get to work on that '68 and '67 junk.. :woot:

navyflyer72
02-18-2008, 04:51 AM
What we need is fenders for all first gens. That would be an incredible weight savings.

John McIntire
02-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Wow! That is some serious CF! Looks great Matt!
I wouldn't paint that either!

Samckitt
02-18-2008, 08:57 AM
How about a Monte SS rear spoiler?

1FstChevy
02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Those are some seriously badass parts... I can see how you can't bring yourself to paint them!

I on the other hand would have to bring myself to do it for more of a "sleeper" look, can't have everyone knowing about my CF parts ;)

Now if only you guys made a stock non-cowl hood for the 2nd Gen Crowd!!! Especially one for a 1980 Z28 Cowl Hood scoop with the big round hole already in the middle so I don't have to cut it! :) :) :)

hotwheels
02-18-2008, 06:17 PM
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the props!!!
Maybe you can paint most of the hood, but leave a little hint of cf showing as a tease. Kind of like cleavage in a nice dress.:seizure:

Here's a pic of the pattern for our first 2nd gen hood. It has a little rise in the middle for extra hood clearance, but goes with the lines of the stock hood, so it doesn't look out of place.

MaTT
ANVil

dipren443
02-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Hey Dave,

Thanks for the props!!!
Maybe you can paint most of the hood, but leave a little hint of cf showing as a tease. Kind of like cleavage in a nice dress.:seizure:

Here's a pic of the pattern for our first 2nd gen hood. It has a little rise in the middle for extra hood clearance, but goes with the lines of the stock hood, so it doesn't look out of place.

MaTT
ANVil

Still intending to do a flat hood for the 2nd gen?

Nick

Damn True
02-19-2008, 03:53 PM
Still intending to do a flat hood for the 2nd gen?

Nick

1st gen?

dipren443
02-19-2008, 04:59 PM
1st gen?

True,

I think they already make one for the 1st gen... It is on Anvils website at least... I was curious about the 2nd gens...

Nevermind, just checked their website and only see the cowl hood for 1st gens.

Nick

Damn True
02-19-2008, 05:37 PM
If there's a flat 1st gen hood on their site I sure don't see it. Cowl induction, yes, but not flat.

dipren443
02-19-2008, 06:09 PM
If there's a flat 1st gen hood on their site I sure don't see it. Cowl induction, yes, but not flat.

I could have sworn it was on there before he updated his site. Hopefully he will chime in soon.

Regardless, a first gen hood will do me no good. :rotfl:

hotwheels
02-19-2008, 06:48 PM
No flat hoods yet, but intend to eventually, just can't say when. I have a standard hood for 1st gen that I was going to prep, but got sidetracked with all the 2nd gen stuff we're working on now. I'll put you guys on the list to call when we have them if you PM me your e-mail addresses.

MaTT
ANVil

paulk68
02-19-2008, 07:15 PM
forget the second gen stuff when you could be doing more 1st gen stuff. :razz:

dipren443
02-19-2008, 07:35 PM
forget the second gen stuff when you could be doing more 1st gen stuff. :razz:

You 1st gen guys get everything first... Can't you let us have something new every once in a while???
:enguard:

Cruiser
02-19-2008, 09:38 PM
You 1st gen guys get everything first... Can't you let us have something new every once in a while???
:enguard:

Matt owns the silver Z pictured above, I bet he is working on second gen stuff for his own ride.

dipren443
02-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Matt owns the silver Z pictured above, I bet he is working on second gen stuff for his own ride.

Yeah, he mentioned some time ago he was eventually going to get to some second gen stuff. :) I am patiently waiting. I have a plan and I hope Matt makes all the pieces I need... (Fingers crossed)

Nick

racereno
02-20-2008, 07:05 PM
Hey Olds87, I'm with ya for the g-body cutlass parts. If you need someone to step up with a deposit for a hood, I'm here...now go get eight more!

hotwheels
02-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Well, we do have one product ready to ship for all you 2nd gen guys. We have our cf tube/spherical rod end fender braces on our site. We have to add a drop down menu on the products tab to make it more apparent, but they are there. And, get this, they cost less than the 1st gen braces since they are shorter. How about that for some 2nd gen love?

MaTT
ANVil
www.anvilauto.com (http://www.anvilauto.com)

racereno
02-20-2008, 09:08 PM
BTW Mattt, aside from riding you about the g-bod stuff, I'm impressed with your products.

Cruiser
02-20-2008, 09:40 PM
Just got my 1st gen fender braces today. I will post up a picture very soon. They look awsome!! I got them and was leaving for work (work nights) so I did not have chance to do anything but drool on them for a few momments.

Joe

Cruiser
02-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Sorry about the crummy pictures but I had to post them. Anvils fender braces on my 67. Thanks Matt !!

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/02/P1010156-1.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/02/P1010157-1.jpg

hotwheels
02-21-2008, 09:17 AM
Joe,

They look good on your car. Thanks for posting the pics and your support, I really appreciate it. I'm trying to get my web guy to put some pictures up on or site mounted on cars.
I know you were probably in a hurry putting them on, but just so you know (and everyone else too), you can straighten out the rod ends once you have everything screwed down tight. I noticed on the corre support side it looked a little crooked. It's not a big deal, but I'm a stickler for details. I usually line them up with the top surface of the core support.

MaTT
ANVil

hotwheels
02-21-2008, 09:32 AM
BTW Mattt, aside from riding you about the g-bod stuff, I'm impressed with your products.

Thanks Racereno! I would like to make everything that anybody wants, but I need to grow at a steady pace that won't break the bank. We have a lot of pieces in development right now. Stay tuned!

MaTT
ANVil

Cruiser
02-21-2008, 11:28 AM
Joe,

They look good on your car. Thanks for posting the pics and your support, I really appreciate it. I'm trying to get my web guy to put some pictures up on or site mounted on cars.
I know you were probably in a hurry putting them on, but just so you know (and everyone else too), you can straighten out the rod ends once you have everything screwed down tight. I noticed on the corre support side it looked a little crooked. It's not a big deal, but I'm a stickler for details. I usually line them up with the top surface of the core support.

MaTT
ANVil

Haa they are not even tightened down in that shot, you can barly see the gap on the screw head....LOL.

I wanted to see what they looked like.

formula98
03-01-2008, 11:44 PM
I got my 2nd gen parts in the mail this week! They are Awesome. I also got to see the 2nd gen hood he is working on and it looks great in person. The pictures do not do it justice. Nice work Matt! I'll send pictures of the fender braces when I get them mounted in my 2nd gen Camaro.

Matt is doing some great work on these parts. I wasn't going to use a spoiler on my 67, but after seeing the Carbon Fiber parts that they are putting out I have changed my mind and will be adding a lot of their parts to my project! Including the rear spoiler! They have some really nice parts planned and coming out soon so keep an eye on them!

slyck68
03-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Just a thought on the 67-68 Firebird...

The most common statement I hear is "cool car, but I don't really dig that front bumper." If you guys could modify the front bumper so it looks a little more sporty yet retains the original mounting locations you should sell quite a few! Just my take on it, I know I'd buy one!

Roadrage David
03-03-2008, 10:24 PM
What can be more sporty then the origenal nose!!!!!!!!!!!it looks a hell lot more airodynamic and sleeker then a camaro,s frond nose

Mr.VENGEANCE
03-03-2008, 10:39 PM
you buggin...

Mr. B
04-04-2008, 11:45 AM
How about a radiator support close out panel for the first gen???

John510
04-11-2008, 10:44 AM
Are you going to make CF trunks for 1st gen camaro?

streetk14
04-15-2008, 05:54 PM
How about making a good quality 67-68 front spoiler? I'd buy one for sure.

Andy

Mr.VENGEANCE
04-15-2008, 07:41 PM
ahahahahha!

owned on the good quality.

wedgehead
04-16-2008, 12:18 PM
How about a Challenger or 'cuda hood? I would be first in line for a challenger hood with the shaker hole. You Camaro guys are so lucky.

Steve1968LS2
04-16-2008, 07:12 PM
I've seen many of Matt's parts in person and they are top notch quality.

That's why I decided to use all of it on my next first gen project car, Hell, I might even retrofit Penny with some of it.

LSxChevelle
05-09-2008, 01:11 PM
I'd love to see a 70-72 Chevelle SS hood and trunk lid!!

streetk14
05-09-2008, 03:20 PM
I've seen many of Matt's parts in person and they are top notch quality.

That's why I decided to use all of it on my next first gen project car, Hell, I might even retrofit Penny with some of it.

If this was directed at me, my comment had nothing to do with the quality of Anvil's parts. I was just hoping that someone is going to build a nice front spoiler for our 67-68s soon, and these guys seem like the company to do it. If they make it, I'll buy it.

Andy

John McIntire
05-09-2008, 03:28 PM
I'm with LSxChevelle! Show us A-body guys some love!

Mr.VENGEANCE
05-10-2008, 07:00 PM
ive seen a gang of crappy cf front spoilers.. i figured that i was the only one that didnt notice the bad quality..

but Matts parts look good.. from what ive seen.

streetk14
05-11-2008, 08:19 PM
ive seen a gang of crappy cf front spoilers.. i figured that i was the only one that didnt notice the bad quality..

but Matts parts look good.. from what ive seen.

I thought you were going to start producing one? Did you decide not to go for it in the end?

Andy

hotwheels
05-12-2008, 08:52 AM
Hi Everybody,

We have a wrap around front spoiler/air dam for the '69 Camaro in the works that I would like to design so it would also fit '67/'68, but it proves challenging. First of all, the width dimension varies just between different '69 Camaros, so it's proving difficult just to make it fit all '69s well. I wish I had more time and more money, so I could develop more parts faster. I've got everyone from Camaro guys to Dodge Dart guys breathing down my neck for parts that they want. I'm not complaining, so keep the ideas coming! It just takes a lot more time and money than even I realized at the beginning to develop each part. It also takes a lot of room to warehouse all of these big parts. It doesn't pay to make onesy twosies, so we do a production run of each part once we are happy with the mold and box them up ready for orders. From a business standpoint, I need to hit what I perceive as the largest markets first and then onto more niche markets. I love all cars, so I'm not just doing this for myself, it's a business. A business that I am having fun with, but I still need to watch my bottom line. One thing that would help me out to get things rolling faster, is to get some support from everyone out there. If anyone has a part that they would like to make in cf, and I think there is a large enough market for it, I am willing to make the mold and provide the first part free to anyone who can give me the part, prepped, fitted & blocked to use as a pattern to mold from. Ideally I would like to see the part in person on a car to see how it fits, so anyone in So. Cal. would be ideal, but depending on the part, good photographs could do. Please direct any inquiries to [email protected]
We do have a lot of parts that should be released in the coming months including a 1st gen trunk lid and many 2nd gen parts. All I can say, is have patience with us. We will eventually have parts for all of the Muscle car heavy hitters (non-GM included).

Thank you all, MaTT
ANVil

Damn True
05-12-2008, 10:07 AM
x2 on the 1st-Gen trunk lid (no spoiler), and a '68 stock-flat hood as well.

Young Gun
05-12-2008, 01:09 PM
If you ever make a 3rd gen nova 2inch cowl hood and a trunk lid, I will be buying those...

stmeljes
05-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Makes me want to move to Cali to use my car as a dummy mockup to use at your will. Keep ur eye on the ball, keep going, these cars are gems, you can be a big part of the history of the muscle machines.

Lessk
05-26-2008, 07:38 AM
I must say I'm very impressed with the products you guys are developing. I will most certainly be buying some of your 1st gen stuff when I get to that stage in my build.

Very nice work!

72NovaSS
05-26-2008, 10:12 AM
where in so cal are you?

hotwheels
05-26-2008, 06:41 PM
We're in Marina del Rey which is in the LA area.

MaTT
ANVil

where in so cal are you?

hotwheels
05-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Thanks, Jason,

Look forward to your business! Much appreciated!

Best, MaTT
ANVil

I must say I'm very impressed with the products you guys are developing. I will most certainly be buying some of your 1st gen stuff when I get to that stage in my build.

Very nice work!

formula98
07-07-2008, 07:06 AM
Any one going to Columbus Good Guys Show. I'll have First Gen Camaro parts from Anvil in the HoodPins booth. Come by and have a look. These are great parts! Hope to see you there!

brownz
07-07-2008, 01:24 PM
Any one going to Columbus Good Guys Show. I'll have First Gen Camaro parts from Anvil in the HoodPins booth. Come by and have a look. These are great parts! Hope to see you there!

O you will haha :cheers:

68/CamaroFL
07-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Matt. :worship: I Have to say that O.M.G.
you are making Excellent Products!!! Love what i have purchased!
Many Thanks!!

Hi Everybody,

We have a wrap around front spoiler/air dam for the '69 Camaro in the works that I would like to design so it would also fit '67/'68, but it proves challenging. First of all, the width dimension varies just between different '69 Camaros, so it's proving difficult just to make it fit all '69s well. I wish I had more time and more money, so I could develop more parts faster. I've got everyone from Camaro guys to Dodge Dart guys breathing down my neck for parts that they want. I'm not complaining, so keep the ideas coming! It just takes a lot more time and money than even I realized at the beginning to develop each part. It also takes a lot of room to warehouse all of these big parts. It doesn't pay to make onesy twosies, so we do a production run of each part once we are happy with the mold and box them up ready for orders. From a business standpoint, I need to hit what I perceive as the largest markets first and then onto more niche markets. I love all cars, so I'm not just doing this for myself, it's a business. A business that I am having fun with, but I still need to watch my bottom line. One thing that would help me out to get things rolling faster, is to get some support from everyone out there. If anyone has a part that they would like to make in cf, and I think there is a large enough market for it, I am willing to make the mold and provide the first part free to anyone who can give me the part, prepped, fitted & blocked to use as a pattern to mold from. Ideally I would like to see the part in person on a car to see how it fits, so anyone in So. Cal. would be ideal, but depending on the part, good photographs could do. Please direct any inquiries to [email protected]
We do have a lot of parts that should be released in the coming months including a 1st gen trunk lid and many 2nd gen parts. All I can say, is have patience with us. We will eventually have parts for all of the Muscle car heavy hitters (non-GM included).

Thank you all, MaTT
ANVil

Mr.VENGEANCE
07-09-2008, 11:56 PM
I thought you were going to start producing one? Did you decide not to go for it in the end?

Andy

Nah, I was smart about it and realized that it was quite an undertaking and i didnt want to go through it.. it was hard enough with my own car!
I was clowning on some guys who were offering cf parts with HORRIBLE quality, and guys who were happy just to say its carbon fiber..

but Matts parts look great, makes it easier on all of us..

Hell ill even pick up one of his rear trunklids when he comes out with it.

hotwheels
07-10-2008, 04:12 PM
Matt. :worship: I Have to say that O.M.G.
you are making Excellent Products!!! Love what i have purchased!
Many Thanks!!

Thanks, Bill! You are starting with a really nice car, so it should really be the belle of the ball when you're done.

Best, MaTT
ANVil

paulk68
07-10-2008, 05:20 PM
Hey Matt how about a little less posting and a little more work on kick ass 68 camaro parts. JUST KIDDING but seriously get back to work, cuz i am saving up :worship:

hotwheels
07-11-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey Matt how about a little less posting and a little more work on kick ass 68 camaro parts. JUST KIDDING but seriously get back to work, cuz i am saving up :worship:

Haa ha! I wish there were more hours in a day and I would have a lot more time to work on more stuff and post to more threads. One day at a time.

-Matt

formula98
07-13-2008, 06:32 PM
The Anvil CF parts were big a hit at Columbus! Everyone had nothing but praise for the parts on hand. What a great show! Thanks Matt for the great effort as this came together as if it were planned months in advance.

hotwheels
07-14-2008, 07:24 AM
The Anvil CF parts were big a hit at Columbus! Everyone had nothing but praise for the parts on hand. What a great show! Thanks Matt for the great effort as this came together as if it were planned months in advance.

Ron, you mean it wasn't? Ha ha, just kidding. I know it was a lot of work, but hopefully you had time to enjoy yourself while you were there. It looks like there were some really nice cars there!

MaTT
ANVil

C5DENNY69
07-14-2008, 09:53 PM
I can say first hand that the parts fit great. We have a customers 69 Camaro in our shop that we had all of the sheet metal fit with the stock sheet metal. I told my customer about the quality of the parts that I had seen at the Pro-touring SEMA party. He bought the cowl hood, cowl panel & rear spoiler. They bolted right on and aligned to the original steel sheet metal with very little adjustments.

I look forward to some 2nd gen Camaro parts. Inner fenders would be great. If you ever need any second gen parts for molds let me know. I own an restoration shop in Oregon & have lots of 2nd gen Camaro sheet metal.

Great work guys.
Denny Finn
Finns Auto Restoration & custom

formula98
07-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Ron, you mean it wasn't? Ha ha, just kidding. I know it was a lot of work, but hopefully you had time to enjoy yourself while you were there. It looks like there were some really nice cars there!

MaTT
ANVil
I had some time to see the awards, some really cool cars, but mainly got to stay in the booth and watch the indy car simulator draw people away from my booth!:machine: LOL... it really was a great show. I hope to do this again next year.

scogin918
07-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Who had the L-88 Carbon Fiber hood? That thing looked sick.

hotwheels
07-16-2008, 12:34 PM
Who had the L-88 Carbon Fiber hood? That thing looked sick.

That's not one of ours. I've seen that on ebay, but I don't know who makes it.

MaTT
ANVil

John510
07-16-2008, 10:19 PM
when will the 67-67 camaro trunks and spoilers be done?

hotwheels
07-17-2008, 07:21 AM
when will the 67-67 camaro trunks and spoilers be done?

Production parts should be available 2nd week of August '08 (@ 3 weeks). Thank you for your patience.

MaTT
ANVil

hotwheels
07-17-2008, 07:26 AM
I can say first hand that the parts fit great. We have a customers 69 Camaro in our shop that we had all of the sheet metal fit with the stock sheet metal. I told my customer about the quality of the parts that I had seen at the Pro-touring SEMA party. He bought the cowl hood, cowl panel & rear spoiler. They bolted right on and aligned to the original steel sheet metal with very little adjustments.

I look forward to some 2nd gen Camaro parts. Inner fenders would be great. If you ever need any second gen parts for molds let me know. I own an restoration shop in Oregon & have lots of 2nd gen Camaro sheet metal.

Great work guys.
Denny Finn
Finns Auto Restoration & custom

Denny,

Thanks for the post. I'm glad your customer was happy and you didn't have any trouble fitting our parts to the car.
Would you happen to have an extra set of early 2nd gen pillar post moldings?

MaTT
ANVil

ZoomieFoosh
07-17-2008, 04:08 PM
Matt,
Do you have any pictures of any of the products that you have that aren't on the website already? I'm looking mainly for the '69 products. Thanks in advance.

tony byram
07-17-2008, 10:01 PM
Matt, those are the slickest parts Ive seen and the quality looks great. Im saving up now, are plans for a cowl style hood still in the works? Im wanting a 2 1/2 inch to 3 inch tall rise. You guys are going to go crazy trying to keep up with the demand for these pieces. Congratulations!

C5DENNY69
07-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Yes Matt I do have some inner w/s pillar post moldings for 2nd gen Camaro. Do you need a set for your car or do you want to make molds off of them?

David (my customer) will be down in your area end of the month & said he could bring them to you.

Thanks, Denny
Finns Auto Restoration & Custom
Molalla Oregon

hotwheels
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
Matt,
Do you have any pictures of any of the products that you have that aren't on the website already? I'm looking mainly for the '69 products. Thanks in advance.

The only things we have available that are not on our website right now are a cowl induction screen and chrome rod end version of our fender braces.

hotwheels
07-18-2008, 12:22 PM
Yes Matt I do have some inner w/s pillar post moldings for 2nd gen Camaro. Do you need a set for your car or do you want to make molds off of them?

David (my customer) will be down in your area end of the month & said he could bring them to you.

Thanks, Denny
Molalla Oregon

Denny,
I need to make molds from them. I already have parts in production that are based on the later version. Even though my car is a '73, it has a later model headliner in it which uses the later style moldings. If you need them back, I don't want to take yours, but if they are extra, that would be great!

MaTT
ANVil

Cruiser
07-18-2008, 04:50 PM
What about this little pice of handy work Matt? My picture sucks, can't get one of it in the car. No column and other parts at the momment.

Anyone notice how nicly the gauges fit into it at the bottom........ummm almost like it was made for them.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/06/P1010443-1.jpg

C5DENNY69
07-19-2008, 11:01 AM
I will send them down w/ David at the end of the month. You can keep them I just want you to work me a deal on a set for my car.
Fair enough?

They will look great.

Thanks, Denny Finn
Molalla Oregon

hotwheels
07-19-2008, 11:38 AM
I will send them down w/ David at the end of the month. You can keep them I just want you to work me a deal on a set for my car.
Fair enough?

They will look great.

Thanks, Denny Finn
Molalla Oregon

Denny,
Thanks, I will definitely give you a great deal on them. Did you want the guage pods in the driver's side?

-MaTT

hotwheels
07-19-2008, 11:42 AM
What about this little pice of handy work Matt? My picture sucks, can't get one of it in the car. No column and other parts at the momment.

Anyone notice how nicly the gauges fit into it at the bottom........ummm almost like it was made for them.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/06/P1010443-1.jpg

Oh yeah, thanks, Joe.
Actually, I don't have production versions ready to sell yet, but will soon. Right now, you are the only one who has one! The cowl screen and chrome rod ens for our fender braces I have in stock, ready to ship.

-MaTT

DaveO
07-19-2008, 11:54 AM
Yep, definitely awesome products but having great products is only part of the equation. Even more important for a company is to provide great service and I can say first hand Matt has that covered too! I had a small issue with one of the parts I bought and before I knew it, he sent me a new one!

C5DENNY69
07-21-2008, 05:27 PM
I would need to see photos of the gauge pods to make up my mind. I would like a set of the w/s pillars moldings for second gen early & late.
My current hot rod is a 78 Camaro w/ a 6-71 blown 70 LT1 engine 6spd, leather, 4 w/disc, 12 bolt rear. So I would need the later style for it.

I will give Dave a set of the early moldings Thursday & he will bring them down to you. He will bring some photos of my Camaro Concept car I am building to show you.

Could you post a photo of the 2nd gen late w/s moldings?

Thanks,
Denny
Molalla Oregon

1BADRS
07-21-2008, 07:24 PM
Oh yeah, thanks, Joe.
Actually, I don't have production versions ready to sell yet, but will soon. Right now, you are the only one who has one! The cowl screen and chrome rod ens for our fender braces I have in stock, ready to ship.

-MaTT
Ill take a set to advertise for free!
:cool:

ManMadeTerror
07-23-2008, 05:17 PM
G-Body CF ? Like an 87 MCSS

hotwheels
07-24-2008, 12:07 PM
G-Body CF ? Like an 87 MCSS

No plans for later model Montes, but might do 1st gen since they share their trunk lid with Chevelles.

hotwheels
07-24-2008, 12:19 PM
I would need to see photos of the gauge pods to make up my mind. I would like a set of the w/s pillars moldings for second gen early & late.
My current hot rod is a 78 Camaro w/ a 6-71 blown 70 LT1 engine 6spd, leather, 4 w/disc, 12 bolt rear. So I would need the later style for it.

I will give Dave a set of the early moldings Thursday & he will bring them down to you. He will bring some photos of my Camaro Concept car I am building to show you.

Could you post a photo of the 2nd gen late w/s moldings?

Thanks,
Denny
Molalla Oregon

We don't have the pillar moldings with gauge pods yet, but you can go to his link to see the moldings without the pods as well as other parts we will have soon. We are refining the process to make the instrument panel, so that one is taking a little longer than expected. We should have all the other parts in the pictures in the next few weeks.

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/anvil_auto/

MaTT
ANVil

Taylor1969
07-25-2008, 03:17 PM
We don't have the pillar moldings with gauge pods yet, but you can go to his link to see the moldings without the pods as well as other parts we will have soon. We are refining the process to make the instrument panel, so that one is taking a little longer than expected. We should have all the other parts in the pictures in the next few weeks.

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc95/anvil_auto/

MaTT
ANVil

What about pics of the 1st gen (69) dash?

merriman44
07-26-2008, 06:01 PM
I've looked and can't seem to find the answer to my question and it seems you folks are the ones to ask. How strong compared to steel is your cf? Also, how easy is it to paint over it so that you can't tell its cf? I'm mainly looking into this stuff for its weight-saving characteristics. Thanks in advance!

hotwheels
07-26-2008, 07:42 PM
I've looked and can't seem to find the answer to my question and it seems you folks are the ones to ask. How strong compared to steel is your cf? Also, how easy is it to paint over it so that you can't tell its cf? I'm mainly looking into this stuff for its weight-saving characteristics. Thanks in advance!

It's quite stiff and can be painted over by scuff sanding the surface, priming and painting and clear coating. Once you get some primer on it, you may need to do a little blocking, but for all intents and purposes has a very smooth, glossy surface that can be left bare if desired right out of the box. It's much lighter weight and if you rest your elbow on it, won't dent like steel panels can. If you are building a car for handling you can run all of our bolt on panels to reduce the weight substantially thus lowering the center of gravity which is key.

Best, MaTT
ANVil

merriman44
07-27-2008, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the answer. So why the need for hood pins then? Its just my personal taste but I can't stand the thought of putting hood pins on my car. Do you really need to run them on the hood?

hotwheels
07-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Thanks for the answer. So why the need for hood pins then? Its just my personal taste but I can't stand the thought of putting hood pins on my car. Do you really need to run them on the hood?

Hood pins are an extra level of protection, especially if you intend to run your car at high speed. Our hoods and most bolt on fiberglass hoods should hold up to normal use, but since they are not original equipment, we suggest you use them for safety reasons. Even steel hoods have been known to fail at speeds higher than highway speeds. If your car is more for show only, then you may not need them.

Taylor1969
07-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Hood pins are an extra level of protection, especially if you intend to run your car at high speed. Our hoods and most bolt on fiberglass hoods should hold up to normal use, but since they are not original equipment, we suggest you use them for safety reasons. Even steel hoods have been known to fail at speeds higher than highway speeds. If your car is more for show only, then you may not need them.

Besides... you would have an excuse to get these pins:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

http://www.hoodpins.com

merriman44
07-29-2008, 07:50 AM
Not trying to be devisive but I've been to the drag strip more than a time or two and dont see alot of guys with hood pins when running street cars. How often do steel hoods fly off compared to cf? Once again I'm purely curious. Wouldn't the new ZO6's have hood pins then for safety purposes?

Damn True
07-29-2008, 09:18 AM
The ZO6 has a reverse opening hood with a latch on each rear corner.

Compare that to a 60's musclecar with a fwd opening hood, a gigantic maw of a grille open to airflow, then throw 40yrs of age at the single latch and tah-dah...you have a broken windshield and all you can see are the words "noitcudni lwoc" in front of you.

merriman44
07-29-2008, 11:53 AM
LOL. Understood!