PDA

View Full Version : speakers?

kapittma
01-23-2005, 04:08 PM
I am looking for new speakers but i dont know the sizes and i was wondering if anyone had some brand suggestions. I have a 67 camaro and I am looking to replace two rear speakers along with the dash speaker. Thanks for any help.

pushrod243
01-23-2005, 07:02 PM
Custom Autosound makes a stereo speaker that replaces the single front speaker in the dash. I got mine from Classic Chevy Intl. It sounds pretty good. As for the rear the hardest thing to find was a speaker that wasnt an obnoxuios color. The shapes and colors are designed for the import market i guess. I went with a two axil rear speaker for deeper bass but i had to paint the grilles black since they were silver. I am kinda picky and I wanted something techy looking but not real high off the package tray. You will just have to look around i couldnt find anything locally i ended up at crutchfield to get mine.

John

Dagger
01-23-2005, 07:49 PM
I've installed more than my fair share of stereo components and in my opinion, you can't go wrong with MB Quart or Polk speakers for pure sound quality. They're pricey, but you get what you pay for. There are plenty of other excellent speakers out there for less money. I would go to one of the large electronics retailers in your town (I've got Circuit City and Best Buy to choose from) and listen to a bunch of different manufacturer's speakers. Depending on what type of music you listen to and your budget you will probably find several speakers that fit your needs. Once you find something you like, go home and buy it off the internet and save some serious $$$$$!!!!!! Good luck with your search.

Ricoch3T
01-23-2005, 10:17 PM
I swing towards alpine myself, although I had a set of polk speakers one time which sounded pretty good. As for sizes, I believe the ones i pulled out of a camaro I'm redoing now were 6x9 in the package tray, I'm not sure about the front speaker.

j_man1100
01-24-2005, 07:03 AM
well the speakers you get depend on what you want to do with them. Orion is tops in my books for when you wanna just pound it but are also great at any volume. But if you're looking for pure sound quality at lower volume, its tough to beat polk and infinity. When I get to the audio part in my car, its gonna be Orion for sure.

justanova
01-24-2005, 05:21 PM
I am an alpine fan myself,

go home and buy it off the internet and save some serious $$$$$!!!!!!

try www.onlinecarstereo.com or you can usually find smokin deals on ebay.

chicane67
01-25-2005, 06:41 PM
ADS or MBQuart transducers for me, along with an Eclipse (or Alpine) head and Xtant for signal reproduction.

But then again, I just named the most capable and costly equipment to be had.