PDA

View Full Version : Intro from the UK

bexupnorth
01-17-2008, 05:18 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello as I'm a newbie on here. I'm based in the North East UK not far from York, if anyone knows the area.

Hope you don't mind, but I'm likely to bring a bit of variety to the forum as both my cars were primarily released for the UK market. They're both Fords (I don't have a Ford bias, just happen to like these two models) a 1959 Mk II Zephyr (was this ever available stateside?) and a 1984 Mk III Capri.

The Zephyr is mid rebuild suffering the ravages of tin worm but will eventually be my dream car. The Capri is my daily driver (and at around 20,000 miles per year it gets used pretty much daily!) and will be used to practice on so that I get the Zephyr just right (hopefully).

Some pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/bexupnorth

Thanks for the info on the site, there's not much Pro-touring stuff this side of the water so it's a real inspiration.

Ade.

lvrpool32
01-17-2008, 07:18 AM
Welcome to the madness!!

transplanted scouser myself :cheers:

Twentyover
01-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Cool , compadre.

I have a 76 Mk II and a Scorpio 2.9 12V that's in que- Can't open your pics from work, I'll do it tonight when i get home

gordonquixote
01-17-2008, 03:59 PM
The Zephyr looks like a cross between a 55 Chevy and a Datsun 510! Cool car, I've never seen one before.

70bird
01-17-2008, 04:33 PM
The Zephyr looks like a cross between a 55 Chevy and a Datsun 510! Cool car, I've never seen one before.
Welcome, and what he said!

comp-spec
01-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Welcome, check out this months American Classic magazine in the U.K. It features MY shops 67 Camaro. Classic-American Website (http://www.classic-american.com/)

bexupnorth
01-18-2008, 02:03 AM
Thanks guys, I didn't think the Zeph had ever made it stateside. Pretty sure it was an attempt to build an American style car that would fit on our roads!

CraigMorrison
01-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to say hello as I'm a newbie on here. I'm based in the North East UK not far from York, if anyone knows the area.

Hope you don't mind, but I'm likely to bring a bit of variety to the forum as both my cars were primarily released for the UK market. They're both Fords (I don't have a Ford bias, just happen to like these two models) a 1959 Mk II Zephyr (was this ever available stateside?) and a 1984 Mk III Capri.

The Zephyr is mid rebuild suffering the ravages of tin worm but will eventually be my dream car. The Capri is my daily driver (and at around 20,000 miles per year it gets used pretty much daily!) and will be used to practice on so that I get the Zephyr just right (hopefully).

Some pictures here: http://community.webshots.com/user/bexupnorth

Thanks for the info on the site, there's not much Pro-touring stuff this side of the water so it's a real inspiration.

Ade.

Ade- Welcome! I just got back from spending 3 weeks in the UK. My wife's a Brit, and spent most of our time down south in East Sussex, London and then up to Birmingham for the Autosport Int'l show. I hang out on Pistonheads as well as here - its a great place and you will be able to have a lot of questions answered here!

Cheers!

Fawkes
01-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Welcome! The MkII would make one sweet hot rod.

Going completely off topic, being between Manchester and Middlesbrough, what BPL team do you support?

bexupnorth
01-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Wow! Craig Morrisson replied to my post! Fella, I love what your company does. I spotted project SR61 on Summits site some time ago, that and a rendering in the UK's Street Machine magazine have been the inspiration for the running gear planned for my Zephyr.

I occassionally get on PistonHeads, but most of my help comes from two ace sites, Galeforce Zephyrs and UKhotrods.co.uk. both are worth a look and manned by extremely pleasant and knowledgeable guys.

Looking forward to contributing to the site.

Thanks,

Ade.

bexupnorth
01-21-2008, 08:52 AM
Fawkes, sorry bud, but you've lost me with the BPL thing? British Premier League football? (sorry soccer! :) )

Lawrence
01-22-2008, 09:13 AM
Hey Ade, nice to see you on here as well as UKH!

Fawkes
01-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Fawkes, sorry bud, but you've lost me with the BPL thing? British Premier League football? (sorry soccer! :) )

Barclays Premier League... football, soccer, it's all the same. :)

bexupnorth
01-24-2008, 01:39 AM
Hi Fawkes,

I guess you can see from my reply that I'm not into football. Brought up with the Boro as my local team, my nerves couldn't take the constant hope that they might win something, but never did LOL. The football/soccer thing was my feeble attempt at humour, sorry.

Lawrence, good to see you too. Nice to see some updates on your site, I haven't been on for a while so that'll be my lunchtime reading!