PDA

View Full Version : Jan 23 2005, Out of server space again.

Larry Callahan
01-23-2005, 08:45 AM
It's amazing how fast we run out of server space. I think it was only 3 weeks ago when I added another gig of space on the server. Well, we ran out again today. (Thanks for the call Derek!) So, if you had trouble posting this morning or or an incomplete post please try again. Everything should be fine. I had to remove the videos and some old pics from the site in order to get it running again.

Looks like it's time to bite the bullet and purchase the stand alone dedicated server.

Were growing every day! How cool is that!

parsonsj
01-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Congrats on the continuing growth, Larry!

jp

Bill Howell
01-23-2005, 09:45 AM
:cool:

Great to see the growth here Larry. When is this going to be your full time job ? :lmao: (like you do not already put in 40hours a week now).
I say go for it, get the dedicated server.

Ok all you regulars, lets all ante up!

Nine Ball
01-23-2005, 11:10 AM
Hey Larry, time for some paying sponsors eh?

bandwidth and servers get expensive quickly on these growing sites

Larry Callahan
01-23-2005, 07:29 PM
I think your right Tony. It's getting too expensive and how cool would it be to make some money to sponsor or set up some events. The cost of hosting keeps going up it seams every few months. I just asked the hosting company to up the hard drive space anohter 3 gig while I figure out what to do. With this upgrade today we are now largest we can get on this shared server. There is no where else to go without moving. So, on Monday I will start getting quotes on servers. They have once a month a sale on used servers. The next lot will be released on the 25th of Jan. I'll see if I can get a list ahead of time as to what is coming up.

With about a dozen new people a day signing up, the new site design coming soon and everything else in the very near future it's time to move.

This site will be a very different and much large site a year from now and I can't wait!

Conekiller13
01-23-2005, 09:55 PM
Man...........I was just starting to get used this "new" set up. Hey Larry, speaking of videos..........Do You still have the video of the track day of My Chevelle I gave You at the 2003 SEMA dinner? It was the only copy of that I had. If You can still get on the site some time great but if You think it's gonna be a long time maybe We could set up a C.O.D. on the shipping return.............or I guess regular mail would work. And by the way, if Baer and hotchkiss and DSE (and many others)did the math on how much this site has boosted buisnsess, they should all be begging to shell out some sponsorship dollars. Hell, I bet one years worth of advertising dollars in a magazine like Car Craft or one of the other very non Pro-Touring rags that they are still advertising in would go a long long way in towards making PT.com the ultimate power in the universe. :icon996:

Protour_Pinto
01-24-2005, 08:30 PM
Where do we send the $$ to help out? Do you take paypal?

I know everyone here has something they can sell on eBay and donate to the cause! I know I do and I've had to deal with so many disasters since I moved here.

Now that I have found the site I dont want it to go anywhere!

gEtyOpAPiOn
01-24-2005, 09:02 PM
maybe its time for some mandatory donations from us =X

Larry Callahan
01-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Thanks guys but, I recently removed the donations links. I think it's time to start charging for advertising and possibly make some money to host some events. How cool would it be to set up some track days?

dennis68
01-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Track-days....dejavue, David and I were just talking about that last night. Set it up and we will come.

David Pozzi
01-24-2005, 09:41 PM
TRACK DAYS!
Shhhwwwiiinnnngggg!!! :icon996:

CarlC
01-24-2005, 09:57 PM
I'm with David.

TRACK DAYS!
BOING!

Matt
01-24-2005, 10:07 PM
Larry, if you wanna talk about pricing or some help with design e-mail me. I'd be more than happy to help out however I can.