PDA

View Full Version : What is worth keeping?

01somta
01-04-2008, 05:27 PM
I have recently torn down my 68' base model Camaro. Is ther anything that is really worth keeping. I was wondering about the stock control arms or suspension parts. How about the rad support or hood, they are in good condition, but I am just going to get a new support and my non-cowl hood will not work with a bbc. The glass has a little bit of pitting but not a whole lot, but I am getting new so what should I do with my old? How about my stock spindles? Even if I can sell some parts will I get enough for them to justify my time selling/shipping and attic/garage space that they are taking up? I just feel bad throwing away good parts, but I hate not being organized.

Widetracker
01-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Please, don't throw parts away! Those of us on the east coast are always in need of metal that folks out west wouldn't think about keeping. If your car is unique keep the parts for someone for use in a restoration in the future. If not, sell it as a lot if you are worried about making it worth your while, but please don't trash good old parts- someone needs them.

mikey
01-16-2008, 10:41 PM
Sell it even if you don't get a bunch it'll help pay for your new stuff. You'd be surprised what some people will pay for our left overs. Try http://camaros.net/ its free.

MuscleRodz
01-23-2008, 12:11 PM
Put the parts on ebay or give me a call and I may take them for the right price.

Mike

4thgenz
01-31-2008, 08:15 PM
Put the parts on ebay or give me a call and I may take them for the right price.

Mike

hey man i was just visiting your site and was wondering who will be doing your "form-fitting" roll cage? just interested as i am in the okc area as well?

paul67
02-01-2008, 11:07 AM
I would not sell anything till it's on the road,don't ask how I know:hand:

oorange67
05-19-2008, 01:27 AM
Ditto!!!!!

7TSS
05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
x3

Some repro stuff just not up to par.

H8tulooze
06-06-2008, 05:51 PM
x3

Some repro stuff just not up to par.

4X:hand:

guccieng
06-13-2008, 12:54 AM
uhhh.... -1. i'm on those sites and my stuff is going in the trash when the wife puts up a better fight for garage space. it might be a good idea to sell, but when no one is willing to pay...

67 ls1 vert
06-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Two things I found out NOT to get rid of is the drag link and the steering arms. Both Discontinued. Luckly I didnt toss out the drag link. The steering arms I found on ebay, new old stock. Lucky me! :)

Chevy
07-25-2008, 06:43 PM
Craig's list is the easiest. Post your stuff, people call you and drop by your house or mutually agreed upon spot. No shipping. Cash transactions.

Good luck.

malster
11-01-2008, 09:06 AM
keep as much as you can store, you may need it someday

gearheads78
11-01-2008, 10:56 AM

X5....

Tuske427
03-10-2010, 07:21 PM
All good advice. x6 on reselling it, even if it's cheap. it's even better to give it away for free than to trash can it. Even out west I know plenty of people who save everything because the original stuff is almost always better than repro, "oer", etc..

I'll soon be selling my 1st gen control arms and steering box, or giving them to my friends who are keeping their cars stock.

senor_camaro
05-11-2010, 12:39 AM
+1 on that one, you never know when yiour gonna need a OEM spindle or control arm.

Rod
05-11-2010, 09:07 PM
Just for Grins stick all your parts in big Tupperware containers and put them in the rafters till you're done (trust me) they don't make everything you need! for example they just started making the glove box and correct ashtray for your 1968 (this year) and just last year they finally started making the roof-rail weatherstripping retainers, and nobody makes the cowl panel vents and many of the under dash ducting for heaters or AC cars,,,so save now sell later,, you never know, just 2 years ago i got 500 dollars for an old Big Block Chevy starter that had the correct date stamps and numbers? for a 1968 camaro, sooo! you dont want to throw away money! today its cheap next year it valuable I cant tell you how many (STOCK) Am/FM camaro radios and bench seats, I threw away! :pat:

Jim Nilsen
05-15-2010, 07:42 PM
All good advice. x6 on reselling it, even if it's cheap. it's even better to give it away for free than to trash can it. Even out west I know plenty of people who save everything because the original stuff is almost always better than repro, "oer", etc..

I'll soon be selling my 1st gen control arms and steering box, or giving them to my friends who are keeping their cars stock.

Borgeson is paying good money for steering boxes these days because they need good cores.

Riderz Cycle
06-29-2010, 04:54 AM
Keep it all until your done...I went and sold some stuff I thought I didn't need and found out I sold the wrong parts and now i have to go and find the correct parts.....