PDA

View Full Version : SBC - Under Header Plug wires

EastCoast
01-04-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm looking to freshen up under the hood of my 68. I'm interested in running the plug wires under the header tubes for a cleaner look. I see plug wires and looms/holders for this, but does anyone have any experience with this (good or bad)?

What wires and brackets did you use? Any pics?

Any input is appreciated!

Thanks
Robb

Vegas69
01-04-2008, 10:10 AM
I have mine run underneath. It's not cheap to do. I used the combination or MSD cut to length wires, jegs heat insualtors, block brackets, zip ties, and wire holders. Turned out really nice though. I want people to wonder how it runs hiding as much wiring as possible. The passenger side was actually more of a challenge but I don't have pics as of right now.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/01/IMG_0546-1.jpg

68sixspeed
01-04-2008, 12:39 PM
I use the sheathed moroso wires, pre-cut for under the header installation on normal sbc; kind of hard to see in this pic, I can see if I have a better one later. For looms, I've never found brackets that work other than custom tabs off the block's extra tapped holes. Taylor 10mm wire seperators work great with the sheathed wires, or there are hose seperating clips from mcmaster carr that work good too to keep them neat.

Drivers side is a pain with the 1-7/8 tubes; when I ran 1-3/4" they fit under the drivers side much better.

EastCoast
01-07-2008, 04:46 AM
Thanks guys!

I just wanted to make sure this not one of those "Been there, done that, wouldn't do it again" kind of thing...

We'll see how it goes!

Robb