PDA

View Full Version : 1st gen rear spoiler w/3rd brake light??

Magntik
01-04-2008, 09:09 AM
I see more and more of you guys running these, is this something that is a custom job or can I buy on and have it painted to match my car?

If it's custom, where would I get the parts to make or have it done for me?

Thanks

Taylor1969
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I got a third brake light for a vette off ebay for $15... as far as I know you need to measure and use a dremel tool. There is no off the shelf spoiler with a third brake light.

comp-spec
01-08-2008, 09:39 AM
We have one with a c5 3rd light in it were not using if your interested or just pick the light you like and cut it in

redfire69
01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Is that what's in Anthony's 68 over at lateral-g?

Magntik
01-08-2008, 11:21 AM
We have one with a c5 3rd light in it were not using if your interested or just pick the light you like and cut it in
can you pm me a price and maybe a pic or 2?
Thanks

96Z28SS
01-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Is that what's in Anthony's 68 over at lateral-g?

You can pm tony, but i think the light is something that race-rodz picked out. its not a vette brake light.

hotwheels
01-08-2008, 08:33 PM
We are actually working on a 3rd brake light to go with our new carbon fiber spoilers that we are coming out with for '67/'68, '69 and 1 pc. second gen spoilers. It will be specifically designed to fit these spoilers as an add on part and will fit our spoilers or stock ones.

Best, MaTT :secret:
ANVil

redfire69
01-09-2008, 02:38 AM
Thanks guys, I'm looking for something like Tony's, more square than oval. The C5 is a little too round for my taste. Thanks, Ron

Magntik
01-09-2008, 05:39 AM
We are actually working on a 3rd brake light to go with our new carbon fiber spoilers that we are coming out with for '67/'68, '69 and 1 pc. second gen spoilers. It will be specifically designed to fit these spoilers as an add on part and will fit our spoilers or stock ones.

Best, MaTT :secret:
ANVil
You have a time frame for these to be for sale?
I'd like more info.

hotwheels
01-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Since we are starting with a clean sheet of paper, we are designing our 3rd brake light to work aesthetically with the tail lights & spoilers of Camaros. It will essentially conform to the shape of the spoiler so it will be more square than oval; flat on the bottom, slight curve to the top with sloping ends. Since we will need to go to injection molding tooling for the lens, it may be a few months before we have production up and running. But will definitely let everyone know on this forum that we have them. I plan on making the lens a smoked clear with super bright red LEDs inside.

MaTT
ANVil

69ratfed
01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
Hotwheels, you might want to add a red lens to your line. IMO the red lens would match better on my car. I have the Marquez Design RS tail lights with red lens and the AAW sequential lights. Either way I will be looking for the new spoiler when you release it.

hotwheels
01-11-2008, 07:44 AM
Ratfed,

Duely noted! Once we have the mold, we could shoot them in just about any color, but we would want to do a production run of a few hundred at least. I'm hoping the market for this sort of thing can justify the cost of development.

-MaTT
ANVil

Morgan
01-11-2008, 08:46 AM
Are you looking for something more like this:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

Magntik
01-11-2008, 08:49 AM
2 more questions

1. where would I buy one of these lights from?
2. how are you guys mounting them?

deuce
01-11-2008, 08:57 AM
matt, when are the carbon spoilers avalable for the 68 camaros? id like to be on list if there is one ..

hotwheels
01-11-2008, 02:24 PM

Morgan,

Yeah, I think you have the right shape especially for a '67/'68. Do you have more pictures you would care to share? How are you running the wiring? Down the hinge on the left side and over to the tail light harness? We are planning on making ours so that it fits in from the outside, so it will have a flange all the way around that will dress up the cut out hole in the spoiler. That way any dunderhead should be able to cut the hole in his existing spoiler so if there is a little slop, the flange will take care of it. We will also sell our spoilers with the hole already cut out as an option. The kit will include a pattern and instructions.

-MaTT
ANVil

hotwheels
01-11-2008, 02:26 PM
matt, when are the carbon spoilers avalable for the 68 camaros? id like to be on list if there is one ..

Duece,

We are done with the pattern, so we still need to make the mold and a first article to test. So, maybe a couple months we should have some for sale.

MaTT
ANVil

comp-spec
01-13-2008, 09:17 AM
can you pm me a price and maybe a pic or 2?
Thanks

Here are a couple pics

Morgan
01-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Matt,

I will share some more pics but the mounting is a proprietary secret. :) You wouldn't want to mount yours this way anyway - as you said you need any dunderhead to be able to install it.

67 455 Bird ragtop
01-14-2008, 11:00 AM
Not to steal a thread, but it is a 1st gen spoiler, I wonder if there is a light that would fit in a 69 T/A wing ???

Rhino
02-06-2008, 11:59 AM

Sorry to dig an old thread up, but would you mind me asking what that light came from? I've been looking for a square light and really like the look of yours. Right now I'm leaning toward the light from the newest gen Impala or the new Charger. I'm just not certain of how their width would fit in with the '68s lines.
Prerequisites are that it's LED based and square. It looks like yours fits both needs.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2008/02/800pxChevroletImpalaLSpolice-1.jpg
(Pic taken from wikipedia)