PDA

View Full Version : Hello (again) from SoCal

70bird
01-01-2008, 10:17 PM
Hey all, my name is Mark. Actualy been around here for a while, but want to re-introduce myself as it's been many months since I've posted, and never did much of that anyway. Got kinda' frustrated not knowing how to do the pic post thing. Anyway, I'm back, armed with lots of pics of my project and a few more computer skills, so I hope to be able to join in on the fun!

My project is a 70 Firebird, LSX/T56 combo with a bunch of stuff. It's been a little over 3 yrs. to get it to this point, and all the work has been done by myself, with the help of a couple friends here and there for the heavy lifting stuff. Still doesn't look like much compared to the many fine machines I see on this, and other sites, but it's coming along.
Next stop: paint jail, and hopefuly soon!

Heres a couple pics I hope :fingersx:

70bird
01-01-2008, 11:14 PM
All right lets try again :dunno: That's better!

velozo
01-06-2008, 09:24 PM
You kidding? That thing looks bad as5! I can imagine what it will look like when it's done. Keep up the good work.

70bird
01-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Really wasn't trying to bump my own post, tried to unsubscribe cause I thought it was dead. Musta' re-posted somehow
:dunno:

Thanks velozo!

ProdigyCustoms
01-06-2008, 10:19 PM
I love those cars

Vegas69
01-06-2008, 11:24 PM
I am a big fan of the early 70's firebirds myself. Nice project.

70ptta
01-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Hey 70 bird what size gauges do you got on that dash and how did they ft. Did you have to enlarge the holes

70bird
01-08-2008, 05:30 PM
Here ya go,

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38413

WhiteG240
01-09-2008, 02:52 PM
Hey, Nice looking Bird you have there. What are your plans for the suspension and wheel and tire combo? What color are you going to paint it. I'm jealous. You are almost done. Mine is still on a rotissourie waiting to get some new panels.

70bird
01-09-2008, 10:24 PM
Hey White, I'm the one who's jealous, as I wish mine was a full resto!Thanks for the encouragement though. Feels good to have her rollin' under her own power after 3 years. Mechanicaly, it is pretty much how it will stay for a while until I after I get paint on it, and that seems to be a while out, hopefuly by summer.

Suspension in front is G/W upper and lower control arms, QA1 coilovers and Hotchkis 1-3/8 swaybar. Flaming river 14:1 box.
Rear is G/W stage 2 leafs and Koni adjustables. 9"w/trutrak 4:11 and 31 spline axles. Delrin bushings all around, solid body bushings and sub connectors. Still has a reasonable street ride surprisingly!

Wheels are A/R Rebels 17x9 w 6" b/sp
Nitto 555R2s275/40 all the way around. I'm gonna have to use wheel spacers to get em right. as 5" b/sp would be better.

Paint is dupont 2 stage custom mix (very dark metalic silver)
Lot's of work to do on the body b4 that happens though.
I'll be using the Formula hood with T/A fenders and flares.

Good luck with your project and be patient, It will happen if you keep at her. It has been 3 yrs. of nights and weekends while juggling work,family and other responsibilities in the mix. But there is light at the end of the tunnel, Mark

Curley
01-09-2008, 10:50 PM
God that thing is sweet. It is going to be impressive when it is done.