PDA

View Full Version : New guy, no car

Blitz
01-20-2005, 08:58 AM
What's going on everybody? Well, after lurking around here for a long time (probably 2-3 years), I finally decided to register. I've looked in on as many buildups as I could, checked each Newly added photos, watched the site go to what it was before and to what it is now, got upset when I couldn't access some of the photos as a non-registered user and was still stubborn on registering. I finally broke down when I saw a diecast topic posted about the soon-to-come GMP Street Fighter Camaro. Craziness. I'm a hardcore 1/18 scale diecast collector (on a break to buildup my real car). I don't have a pro-touring project yet, but one day I'd like to own/build a 68 RS Camaro. I was raised Chevy, but am currently a FOUR time Acura owner. Being a Chevy/Acura guy I have fun talking trash about Fords, BUT I do admire that Ford and Chrysler are coming out with some real nice products. I hope that I can make some good friends here and build that dream 68.

Boyd
01-20-2005, 01:07 PM
Welcome aboard, (again). I like all the new die casts coming out too. I think I might have to start a collection, also. Which company is your fav ?

Blitz
01-20-2005, 01:20 PM
AutoArt is my favorite. A few others on the top of my list are Kyosho, Lane, GMP and Minichamps. My collection is a pretty good size now and with all the new releases out or coming out, it's going to get even bigger.

DarkBuddha
01-20-2005, 02:52 PM
Welcome... oh, and:

Being a Chevy/Acura guy I have fun talking trash about Fords...
Uh, wait... I gotta figure out how to say this in Acura-ese (aka ricer)... uh, oh yeah... Why is you gots ta be a hate'a? j/k :enguard: Remember, don't hate the car, hate the driver. :box: May my Ford suck less for being in my care.

Blitz
01-20-2005, 04:12 PM
I knew I was gonna catch it from somebody. I'll say this though, if it's pro-touring and done right I don't care what badge it's wearing. But of course you know Chevy>Ford. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif And I'm sure as a Ford guy you catch it on what's most likely a GM dominated board. Any pics BTW?

Ralph LoGrasso
01-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Welcome to the site, Blitz. Nice choice on the (future) '68 Camaro project!

zbugger
01-20-2005, 05:59 PM
Welcome Blitz. I hope you have a good time here. Join us in the chat once in a while. If you can handle it...... (Pun fully intended)

DarkBuddha
01-20-2005, 09:25 PM
I knew I was gonna catch it from somebody. I'll say this though, if it's pro-touring and done right I don't care what badge it's wearing. But of course you know Chevy>Ford. https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif And I'm sure as a Ford guy you catch it on what's most likely a GM dominated board. Any pics BTW?
It's all good here... I think the GM guys have the majority, but I don't tend to think brand-specific (heck, check my sig at the bottom). This is especially true when you get to the point of doing the kind of modifications folks on this board work on.

BTW, you can catch the sad state of my Mach here: https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3447